Looking to relocate from Broward to Ocala

Started by Mike99KFX, March 27, 2008, 04:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike99KFX

I've been thinking about it for years, but might finally take the plunge.  However I know absolutely nothing about Ocala.  Whats most important are my kids, I have to get them out of the city.  Where are the good schools in Ocala?  How about neighborhoods or subdivisions?  My kids are young, 5 and 1.  I'm 38, live in Broward, and can't stand it.  Looking for houses in the $200k range.  Any info would be great.
Thanks,
Mike

Busta Nutt


cutngrs

i moved from pompano to ocala 6 years ago  best thing i ever did i lived in pompano my hole life and just the thought of living there get me sick give me all call and i can give you some good info  on schools and where to look and where not too  ill pm ya my #
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

predatorracer8


CABLEGUY1

Quote from: Mike99KFX on March 27, 2008, 04:21:44 PM
I've been thinking about it for years, but might finally take the plunge.  However I know absolutely nothing about Ocala.  Whats most important are my kids, I have to get them out of the city.  Where are the good schools in Ocala?  How about neighborhoods or subdivisions?  My kids are young, 5 and 1.  I'm 38, live in Broward, and can't stand it.  Looking for houses in the $200k range.  Any info would be great.
Thanks,
Mike

I feel ya.We moved up from Broward about ten years ago because we did'nt want to raise our daughter down there anymore and every time we go back to visit relatives it reminds us why we left. I still have a soft spot for it but know we made the right move.I'm not sold on Ocala as we also have relatives there but I can tell you Seminole is like night and day from Hollywood Florida. Good luck.

Mike99KFX


MudMan

I've lived in Ocala for a year now......any questions feel free to ask.
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

Da_Mtg_Man

I wish I could get my wife to leave the city. I'd love to be living where you don't hear traffic at night.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Quad32x

Good schools are Forest High and Ft King Middle. A nice subdivision near Forest is called The Magnolia's. Its new and they have houses in all price ranges. Heres a link for Marion county schools .. http://www.marion.k12.fl.us/ . PM me if you need any more info. Ive lived in Ocala for 47 years. ;)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

cutngrs

Quote from: Quad32x on March 30, 2008, 01:18:53 PM
Good schools are Forest High and Ft King Middle. A nice subdivision near Forest is called The Magnolia's. Its new and they have houses in all price ranges. Heres a link for Marion county schools .. http://www.marion.k12.fl.us/ . PM me if you need any more info. Ive lived in Ocala for 47 years. ;)




where did you live your first 20 years   :o    ha ha ha         old man ;D
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

trx#9

Quote from: cutngrs on March 30, 2008, 02:49:37 PM
Quote from: Quad32x on March 30, 2008, 01:18:53 PM
Good schools are Forest High and Ft King Middle. A nice subdivision near Forest is called The Magnolia's. Its new and they have houses in all price ranges. Heres a link for Marion county schools .. http://www.marion.k12.fl.us/ . PM me if you need any more info. Ive lived in Ocala for 47 years. ;)




where did you live your first 20 years   :o    ha ha ha         old man ;D
Rumor has it Haiti. O0
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Quad32x

Well if thats true Im the fastest 67 yr old you have ever seen ! :L
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Mike99KFX

I grew up in a little town in Rhode Island.  If you ever saw the movie Jaws, thats what it was like,,,,,awesome.

CABLEGUY1

Quote from: Quad32x on March 30, 2008, 01:18:53 PM
Good schools are Forest High and Ft King Middle. A nice subdivision near Forest is called The Magnolia's. Its new and they have houses in all price ranges. Heres a link for Marion county schools .. http://www.marion.k12.fl.us/ . PM me if you need any more info. Ive lived in Ocala for 47 years. ;)

That explains everything. JK.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com