April 19th Event Auburndale Speedway is On!!!! 12pm!!

Started by HillKiller, March 19, 2008, 11:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillKiller

     The 2nd race of the series will be at Auburndale Speedway in Auburndale, Fl. on Saturday April 19 just 3 weeks after the Jasper race.
  Racing will start at 12pm noon. This will be a points race.
The track is a 1/5 mile hard clay D-shaped oval.
The track owner may add money to some classes as a bonus, amount depends on turnout.
I will post all the info asap but for now the track website is    www.auburndaleracing.com


Quad, Trike, and Motorcycle Flat Track Racing


5640 State Road 542 W Winter Haven, FL 33880
(863) 551-1131

For the April 19th event:
gates open at 9am
practice at 10am
open registration 9:30-11:30am
drivers meeting 11:35am
races start at 12 noon


Directions to track from I-4:
From I-4 take Exit 27 Polk Parkway toll road toward Lakeland/Winter Haven.
Exit on Hwy 92 West (Memorial Hwy)
Turn right on Recker Rd
Turn right on 542
Track is 1/2 mile on left.




 


                          Dave
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Sandbagger

I'll try to make Auburndale. Do I have to join SFTL to run one race? If so what are the cost? Thanks John
2007 MAXIMUM TT VET CHAMPION

HillKiller

Quote from: Sandbagger on March 28, 2008, 10:55:06 PM
I'll try to make Auburndale. Do I have to join SFTL to run one race? If so what are the cost? Thanks John

    There isn't a membership fee and points will be tracked for every entry. There is some new news about a partnership that will be announced at the Jasper driver's meeting.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

stgsali

For those of us that didn't make it to Jasper, what was stated at the driver's meeting about a merger?Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

HillKiller

Quote from: stgsali on March 30, 2008, 07:09:58 AM
For those of us that didn't make it to Jasper, what was stated at the driver's meeting about a merger?Richard

   Refer to this post...

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,32489.0.html
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

YamahaBabe27

ILL BE AT EASTBAY NOT THE OTHER ONE THOUGH.. PROM. LOL
Paige

N-Tense Motorsports

#6
We'll be there!  Bud in the Open class and Scott & Austin in the Youth class.  Any others showing up for the Youth class?  C'mon Jon........ remember Austin told you his Honda's ready to whoop your Yamajunk's butt!!! ;)

Jayman, are you and your son going?
2007 SFTL Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Youth Class Champions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bud #32 
Austin #7
Scott #14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jayman

Quote from: N-Tense Motorsports on April 03, 2008, 12:01:54 PM
We'll be there!  Bud in the Open class and Scott & Austin in the Youth class.  Any others showing up for the Youth class?  C'mon Jon........ remember Austin told you his Honda's ready to whoop your Yamajunk's butt!!! ;)

Jayman, are you and your son going?

No we are going to sit this one out.  We are trying to save our tires for the season.  We actually reserved a spot at bigscrub for that weekend so we will not even be able to watch  :(
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

HillKiller

Quote from: jayman on April 03, 2008, 04:57:32 PM
Quote from: N-Tense Motorsports on April 03, 2008, 12:01:54 PM
We'll be there!  Bud in the Open class and Scott & Austin in the Youth class.  Any others showing up for the Youth class?  C'mon Jon........ remember Austin told you his Honda's ready to whoop your Yamajunk's butt!!! ;)

Jayman, are you and your son going?

No we are going to sit this one out.  We are trying to save our tires for the season.  We actually reserved a spot at bigscrub for that weekend so we will not even be able to watch  :(
Jayman,
  It's a shame you won't be able to see Eastbay. After talking with Brady and some others there ought to be some fast lap times at this one!
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

jayman

I did eastbay the first time they had a race there.  I was on knobbies back then and still "what a thrill".  I also remember you saying "this is my second set of tires" and that was only the second practice.  I would like to run there just cant afford that many tires  :o

If  I did not have reservations @ bigscrub I would be there even if it was as a spectator.  Oh well I will catch up with you guys another at another race.
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

YamahaBabe27

Paige

N-Tense Motorsports

Maybe we'll see you at the next one Jayman.  Have fun at the Big Scrub!
2007 SFTL Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Youth Class Champions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bud #32 
Austin #7
Scott #14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HillKiller

Eastbay has been postponed due to the new insurance company wanting an additional $2800 to insurance flat track racing. More news later.



    Don't forget April 19th 12pm    Auburndale Speedway!!
             
   
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Sandbagger

What time does practice start? gates open? at Auburndale. Thanks John
2007 MAXIMUM TT VET CHAMPION

BT243

Gates open at 9:00  Practice starts 10:00  Race starts at noon

derek330

Quote from: HillKiller on March 19, 2008, 11:44:47 PM
     The 2nd race of the series will be at Auburndale Speedway in Auburndale, Fl. on Saturday April 19 just 3 weeks after the Jasper race.
  Racing will start at 12pm noon. This will be a points race.

i dont understand! how can it be the second race of the series? are ya'll counting points from jasper with the SDTA? :N
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

fastrnrik

No. Jasper did not count for any points.

I'll clarify that in a seperate post.

derek330

Quote from: fastrnrik on April 12, 2008, 09:17:12 PM
No. Jasper did not count for any points.

I'll clarify that in a seperate post.

make it snappy be-atch!  :R  sounds good to me. we will be there. 8)
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

fastrnrik

Quote from: derek330 on April 13, 2008, 05:34:22 PM
Quote from: fastrnrik on April 12, 2008, 09:17:12 PM
No. Jasper did not count for any points.

I'll clarify that in a seperate post.

make it snappy be-atch!  :R  sounds good to me. we will be there. 8)

make it snappy?....... Boy, don't you know you peach pickers can't talk to Florida people like that.   :o

derek330

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

JIMDAWG38

I'm startin to feel that itch again ! Maybe we will come watch this one , Hey Brady Ya got that Kawasnotski running yet ? Johnny need's some competition ! 8)
2006 LTR 450
Steel Mx Goggles
Amsoil
ODI Grips
Yoshimura

fastrnrik


JIMDAWG38

AWWWWW I was even going to see if I could get Snicker's to dust off that Honda he can't sell .. LOL
2006 LTR 450
Steel Mx Goggles
Amsoil
ODI Grips
Yoshimura

fastrnrik

Bring him on. We need a good turnout. Are you guys coming out? 

fastrnrik

Remember, gates open at 9am, practice at 10am, and racing at 12pm SHARP!
PLEASE be on time as we absolutely HAVE to be done racing by 4pm. There will be no late or extra practices for any reason. This is due to the track having another event scheduled.

WJDTRI

all loaded up.....:)
going to be a great day!!!!!

Ward
#66Q
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

Devildog

And I'mm all loaded up and ready to go........................and so sick I'm afraid to leave the bathroom!  :'(

WJDTRI

Hey Brady
      Many Thanks to you and all your people for a GREAT day. Had a BLAST!!!!!!!

Ward
#66Q
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

yfz122

Thanks Brady and Hillkiller!!! Most fun I ever had on that type of track. I have no right side tires left.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

bluestroker

awesome race guys I have never seen anything like that b4

here are a couple pics I took while there







02 - Grizzly 660
ITP Rims
Winch
1 1/2 in spacers (Front and Back)

BlasterBoy#92

#30
Thanks for the pics Bluestroker, ya it was a blast. Cant wait to go back! ;D
O and What happened MR. N-Tense Motorsports, did somebody pull the pin on those the honda hand-granades?  ;D :P I was hoping on seeing you guys out there, you missed some good racin! Are you guys going to make it to the Ocala race?

Bamaquad

That looks lika a great track for quad racing. Nice pics manno. Where was Brady, Derek, & Dave in the finishing order?
Alabama Quad Flattrack Championship Series
07 Stock Class Champion &
Open Class Runner up.
06 727 Yamaha Raptor
Soonsored by: [url="http://www.techquadshop.com/"]http://www.techquadshop.com/[/url]

fastrnrik

Dave and I didn't race today. Derek finished 3rd in a very fast Open class.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com