1986 TRX250R Rear Suspension

Started by 450R_Matt, February 11, 2005, 12:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

450R_Matt

Is there anyone that can help with the stock linkage on the rear? I have a stock shock and my 2 friends have aftermarket shocks on the stock linkage. The stock shock measures like right at 16"  and my friend has a Custom Axis and it measures less than that at like under 15" and is only a single rate. The problem is that the rear of the bike has less travel now than what it did when the bike was stock and the ride hight is realy low. We set the hight all the way up and it still is way to low in the rear.

The question is did they make a mistake with his shock set up for MX?  Why is this shock so short on  travle?

I ask because the 2nd friends quad has an Elka duel rate on at and it measures like a little more than 16" and has way more travle than the Axis and my Stock.
This just makes me want to go with the Elka even more.  
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

450R_Matt

I think Axis made a mistake the more I think about it... :-/
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur