powermadd hand guards question

Started by Fox17, March 19, 2008, 04:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox17

do they have aluminum all the way across behind the plastic? i love the way they look but im not sure if they have what im lookin for. i want the star series with the wraps too.

svtbolt04

Yeah, its a kit though. Basically, you need three parts to the kit. 1 would be the guards them selfs, 2 would be the mounting kit that goes on the inside bars, 3 would be the part that screws into the guards and then into the outside opening of the bars.


For the money, you can get much stronger/more coverage bark busters. This for a quad or bike? I like the powermadd on a quad because they look sporty, but I really cant see them being useful if you hit a good branch.


Wow, I misread. No, they dont have a metal strap going through them. Pretty much plastic. But refer to what I said on them.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

klutchbuster400

Acerbis handguards are a much better deal. They offer alot more protection.
I'll look for a pic of them from my quad.

klutchbuster400



and heres the powermadds on my 05 Z

svtbolt04

for a bike, I recommend enduro engineering.

Here is a pic gets ya somewhat of an idea.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Fox17

well, i dont want the wrap around ones anymore. i got a CRF450 so thats what theyre for. i need some that mount just like the powermadd gaurds though. hmmm. i guess ill keep looking.

svtbolt04

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

predatorracer8

i have the powermadd Flex deflectors they are not braced at all but they flex and take a beating and if you flip or roll it they wont break they are mainly for roost deflection and small limbs and vegetation though.

jake

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com