Bad Luck if any at all ( Some good news!! )

Started by 1FasterBlaster, March 14, 2008, 08:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FasterBlaster

   ( Read at end of post reply )
Two weeks ago, I financed a 01 Chrysler Town & Country Limited edition mini van. I put $2000. down and talked the price down the finance amount down to $6400. which is very good.
   I bought the van from Brandon Honda and drove it home. I've had it for two weeks now. I even have it insured already. I try to make a payment and the loan company tells me I don't have a loan with their company.
   Come to find out, the loan company didn't want to finance the van because it has too many miles, but the dealer told me it was a done deal.
    Brandon Honda has been running my name all over the place trying to get this loan approved without telling me. Now, after I call them, they're telling me I have to return it and buy something newer with lower miles. So their trying to get me to spend more money than I wanted too. I'm so pissed!!

shogun323

That's jacked up. I would get my cash back and not do business anymore.
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

svtbolt04

If you return it.. Make sure the tank is full.....of water.

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

eldiablo64

TELL THEM YOU JUST FILLED IT WITH GAS AND YOU WILL BRING IT BACK WHEN ITS EMPTY
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

1FasterBlaster

  I have to go to Miami this week. I'm taking it back when I get back from Miami!!

Mars

Call ahead, do not leave the car with out the cash or a check in hand!
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

686RAPTOR

same thing happened to me a while back with a ford explorer. i took the car home home all happy and couple days later i had to return the car. to get my car back i had to find some one with better credit than i had to do me the favor and sign for me. the situation sucks. just take your time, rack up some miles and return the car at your convenience. if you didnt give them your $2000 you could have got pretty creative with things to do with the car. good luck.

Bigscrb15

who is your salesman over there?
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

1FasterBlaster

 Some guy named Alfredo. They called me yesterday telling me they want to put me in a 02 Honda Oddysey for $10,000. I keep telling them all I wanted to spend was around $7500. for a used vehicle.
   Their trying to con me out of another $3000. dollars with their so called deal!! I'm gonna return the van and I found a 02 LXI at another dealer for $8700.
   They don't give a crap what I want, they're just trying to pinch some money out of me.

JackL

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on March 14, 2008, 08:16:09 PM
   Two weeks ago, I financed a 01 Chrysler Town & Country Limited edition mini van. I put $2000. down and talked the price down the finance amount down to $6400. which is very good.


An POS 01 Town and Country should cost $2000 total.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

06hemiram

i used to work at a dodge dealer and it pretty messed up when they do that.. they do it because they think they know the bank, and seeing that your putting $2000 down they think they can get it approved and some times they cant.. i would get my money back and go somewhere else.. good luck
* Don't like the Pigs *

-06 Dodge Ram Hemi
-07 Yamaha YFZ450

1FasterBlaster

 No, they got the loan aproved, but for $10,000. so their trying to get me to spend the whole $10,000.. I only wanted to spend around $7500. for the Chrysler Town & Country.
   Now, they're trying to sell me a van I don't even want. I'm just pimping the van till I find out from the Finance company that I can switch the loan to another dealer, then I'm going to get my refund.

561rincon

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on March 17, 2008, 12:06:05 AM
No, they got the loan aproved, but for $10,000. so their trying to get me to spend the whole $10,000.. I only wanted to spend around $7500. for the Chrysler Town & Country.
   Now, they're trying to sell me a van I don't even want. I'm just pimping the van till I find out from the Finance company that I can switch the loan to another dealer, then I'm going to get my refund.

be careful the papers you signed should say that if you dont get approved and return the vehicle you can be charged for mileage...we bought a car several years back from the dealership my wife works at in accounting and tried to charge us 20 cents a mile but we got the loan approved thru our credit union.
05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i

Keeter

I agree with 561. Read Read Read.  They have the right to come and repo the vehicle as well, so don't leave anything in it.
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on March 14, 2008, 08:16:09 PM
   Two weeks ago, I financed a 01 Chrysler Town & Country Limited edition mini van. I put $2000. down and talked the price down the finance amount down to $6400. which is very good.
   I bought the van from Brandon Honda and drove it home. I've had it for two weeks now. I even have it insured already. I try to make a payment and the loan company tells me I don't have a loan with their company.
   Come to find out, the loan company didn't want to finance the van because it has too many miles, but the dealer told me it was a done deal.
    Brandon Honda has been running my name all over the place trying to get this loan approved without telling me. Now, after I call them, they're telling me I have to return it and buy something newer with lower miles. So their trying to get me to spend more money than I wanted too. I'm so pissed!!

Brother, this is a trick run by Big City dealers. They "dehorsed" you to obligate you to the purchase and that gives them time to get you bought. Actually if you have a contract from the dealer with a signed contract as the Agent of the Company by them, you can hold them to the deal. The dealer becomes the lender when they sign a contract @ a certain interest rate and term, I.E. even if they dint get you financed through a bank they still have to tote the note if they signed off they then became the lender and the seller. I hope this is clear...still doped up ;D

mudguy

That is correct. If they made a contract with the terms, and let you ride off under those terms, they still have to hold to those terms regardless if the bank rejected them. You got them by the cohonas, just be smart about it.
Work hard, ride harder...

1FasterBlaster

  Do you have any legal documentation that I can use to reference this when I go back to the dealer?

SWAMP_DONKEY

#17
Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on March 17, 2008, 04:58:40 PM
  Do you have any legal documentation that I can use to reference this when I go back to the dealer?

Read your contract, it it is a FLA LAW contract it will be on there. It will sat FL Law 553-FL @ the top.  On the front they will have had to disclose the amount of days they have to cancel the contract...what is that time frame and is it past? Have they sent you written notice?

1FasterBlaster

  Shady!! They left that part blank. So they don't have a date to cancel, they can cancel whenever they want.

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on March 17, 2008, 07:21:20 PM
  Shady!! They left that part blank. So they don't have a date to cancel, they can cancel whenever they want.

  Then they may have screwed themselves.... you have to put a timeframe. Look @ the back of the contract there is a disclosure in reference to this option. The FL LAW contract is to protect buyers as well as dealers.

1FasterBlaster

#20
  It sounds more like the policy is to protect the dealer. It just says they  can cancel before the date written. It also says if the dealer can't find a co. to approve the loan, they can cancel.

1FasterBlaster

   I went to Brandon Honda today. They told me they had a 02 Honda Odyysey they would sell me for $10,000.
   As soon as I get there, they try to push me into an 03 Chevy Venture mini van. I told them their freaking crazy if they think I'm stupid enough to pay $10,000. for that piece of SH_T!!
   Then they show me a 03 Jeep Laredo for $13,000. I'm like," Brother aren't you listening to me?" The third time he tells me to wait, he comes out with a 04 Honda Odyysey- no leather, no electric doors, no power nothing.
   Finally, I tell him to get the sales manager. I tell him the cash price of the Town & Country I originally was trying to buy was $8400. I've given you $2000. down already. Let me keep driving the van until my tax return comes in. I'll write you a check for $5,500., then it will be a done deal.
   They agreed. What a F_ucking joke these big dealers are. But, I don't have the $300. a month payment at a rape me in the azz interest rate which would of made it a $10,000. dollar van. Plus, I got it for $7500.
   

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on March 18, 2008, 10:09:39 PM
   I went to Brandon Honda today. They told me they had a 02 Honda Odyysey they would sell me for $10,000.
   As soon as I get there, they try to push me into an 03 Chevy Venture mini van. I told them their freaking crazy if they think I'm stupid enough to pay $10,000. for that piece of SH_T!!
   Then they show me a 03 Jeep Laredo for $13,000. I'm like," Brother aren't you listening to me?" The third time he tells me to wait, he comes out with a 04 Honda Odyysey- no leather, no electric doors, no power nothing.
   Finally, I tell him to get the sales manager. I tell him the cash price of the Town & Country I originally was trying to buy was $8400. I've given you $2000. down already. Let me keep driving the van until my tax return comes in. I'll write you a check for $5,500., then it will be a done deal.
   They agreed. What a F_ucking joke these big dealers are. But, I don't have the $300. a month payment at a rape me in the azz interest rate which would of made it a $10,000. dollar van. Plus, I got it for $7500.
   

Great Job Chino.... More people need to put these sorry azz rip off car dealerships in their place!!! Hats off to you bro :Clap.gif :Clap.gif

1FasterBlaster

#23
  I was getting real annoyed. I was there for 2 hours, and they tried twice to sell me the Chevy Venture.
   I'm happy now, I got what I wanted and it wasn't because of some fast talking salesman at a big brand name dealership!!
   From now on, I'm shopping at privately owned.

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on March 18, 2008, 10:21:54 PM
  I was getting real annoyed. I was there for 2 hours, and they tried twice to sell me the Chevy Venture.
   I'm happy now, I got what I wanted and it wasn't because of some fast talking salesman at a big brand name dealership!!
   From now on, I'm shopping at privately owned.

  It was prob some OLD STOCK they were trying to dump on you.

1FasterBlaster

  Exactly. I was like," Do I look like a 12 year old?" He tries to tell me the Odyysey is better than the Chrysler.
   I said," I don't give a F_UCK what you think, I'm not paying $10,000. for something I don't want...no matter how you put it!!"

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com