Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf

Started by Moose, February 29, 2008, 09:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moose

Got this in a email. He calls it a doe, but I think it's a young buck, who cares.


Talk about being lost.

How these guys saw this is beyond me. Life is like a box of chocolates and so is fishing in

Florida. You never know what you will find.

Caught 1 1/2 miles offshore while Fishing!













Yes , we turned her loose when we got back to shore..
She was soooo tired and was glad to get into our boat and rest !
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

backinsaddle


IXIswamperIXI

That is crazy!!  Won't see that very often!  I wonder why he was out that far? The current?
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

JackL

That is seriously awesome, I've seen some mighty big iguanas swimming pretty far out on the gulf side of the Keys, but never a deer!

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

predatorracer8

atleast they let it go, deserves a break after that kinda workout lol.

GENERAL-Z

#5
should have kept it as a pet. howed they get it in the boat
2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy


SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: JackL on February 29, 2008, 10:25:46 AM
That is seriously awesome, I've seen some mighty big iguanas swimming pretty far out on the gulf side of the Keys, but never a deer!



  Oh man I thought I was the only one that has seen that.... Mexico on a dive trip we have seen them 100 200 yards off shore :o

wilburz

is it against the law to shoot a swimming deer if it is that far off shore?
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

LINK500

 ??? How does a deer get 1.5 miles out? That is one of the craziest things I've ever seen. Was that in the Keys???
I have also seen iguanas on the in the gulf side of the keys, as well as on my dock, on my boat, tying to eat anything I leave out that is food related. They also crap all over the place. I don't understand how the iguana population has grown so much in the Keys.

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: wilburz on February 29, 2008, 03:11:03 PM
is it against the law to shoot a swimming deer if it is that far off shore?

Not if you use a flair gun.  LOL

klutchbuster400


FoxHondaRider

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Anoriginal on February 29, 2008, 02:15:49 PM
Nice Panga!

i was thinking the same thing. That is one of the only boats I would trade mine in for.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

JackL

Quote from: LINK500 on February 29, 2008, 03:17:37 PM
??? How does a deer get 1.5 miles out? That is one of the craziest things I've ever seen. Was that in the Keys???
I have also seen iguanas on the in the gulf side of the keys, as well as on my dock, on my boat, tying to eat anything I leave out that is food related. They also crap all over the place. I don't understand how the iguana population has grown so much in the Keys.


They seemed to adapt really well to life down there. They both suck.



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

DRWalum

Man, do those Key Deer taste great !!  :E They serve them @ THE No Name Pub , on Big Pine Key. Not on the menu, but just ask discretely  ;)
DRW Aluminum Specialist , INC.
( free estimates )

2005 DR-Z400s   Street Legal !!

Young Gun

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

JackL

Quote from: DRWalum on March 02, 2008, 11:08:12 AM
Man, do those Key Deer taste great !!  :E They serve them @ THE No Name Pub , on Big Pine Key. Not on the menu, but just ask discretely  ;)


Hahaahah.  ;)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

AmericanRobster

I saw this on florida sportsman! Shark bait is right!
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

yfz450psycho


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com