raptor jetting

Started by The hyrbid kid, February 28, 2005, 11:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The hyrbid kid

hey my friend has a raptor and he wants to jett it and it has to carbs so im used to one so i dont know how that works???
any help plz let me know..thanks u..
07 CHEVY 2500HD DURMAX LMM 4X4..
06 TRX450R FULL WALSH  AND AXIS... SOON TO BE WHITE..
03 CRF450EX FULL HOUSER AND AXIS.. HYBRID BABY..

spankindatazz

its pretty much the same.....just twice
03 LE A.T.P. Raptor #30...its got some mods...and yes it has a GUCCI seat...
04 GSXR 600....has some chrome on it...more to come

The hyrbid kid

well i figured that but size should i put in it just taking off the air box lid ???
07 CHEVY 2500HD DURMAX LMM 4X4..
06 TRX450R FULL WALSH  AND AXIS... SOON TO BE WHITE..
03 CRF450EX FULL HOUSER AND AXIS.. HYBRID BABY..

spankindatazz

that i couldnt answer....i am running 180/185 in mine with a full pipe and no lid...
03 LE A.T.P. Raptor #30...its got some mods...and yes it has a GUCCI seat...
04 GSXR 600....has some chrome on it...more to come

The hyrbid kid

well he wants to take off the exhaust or just keep stock and take off the lid so we'll just tinker wiht it and see what we get..thanks man
o yea it's to late to look are those keihin carbs thanks
07 CHEVY 2500HD DURMAX LMM 4X4..
06 TRX450R FULL WALSH  AND AXIS... SOON TO BE WHITE..
03 CRF450EX FULL HOUSER AND AXIS.. HYBRID BABY..

RaptItUp


I have a full Pro-Circuit Pipe, K&N filter w/Pro Design billet adapter.  I run with no airbox lid and use a Outerwears filter cover with an Alba nylon screen type airbox cover.  It runs great and when I had it in for a valve adjustment, I asked the mechanic if the mixture was right and he said it was dead on.
Here is what I did.
 P-C recommended 145 in the left, 150 in the right. Air screw 2 turns out.  I went with a 144 in the left and 150 right. The clip on the needle is on the 4th from the top as K&N jet kit recommended.  My understanding is with 5 valves the right  carb is on the 3 intake valves side and left carb is on the 2 valve side, that explains why 2 different jet sizes.  

The hyrbid kid

well i know he has a k&n with the out wear but stock pipe and he os planing on it staying stock he just wants a jet b/c he thinks its kool..
welll ill try a 142 and a 148 and see what that deos thanks
07 CHEVY 2500HD DURMAX LMM 4X4..
06 TRX450R FULL WALSH  AND AXIS... SOON TO BE WHITE..
03 CRF450EX FULL HOUSER AND AXIS.. HYBRID BABY..

Chuck_Norris

YOU'LL FIND THE 142 AND 145 TO BE LEAN, MY EXPERIANCE WITH THE RAPTORS HAVE SHOWN THAT YOU HAVE TO USE SPLIT JETTING, THERE IS QUITE A BIT OF JETTING ANSWERS ON BLUETRAXX.COM OR CHECK WITH ATP FOR  LOCAL HELP

Agent

I have had a nightmare getting my jetting right... SOme days its perfect, other days its messed up... I don't know whats going on with it... Originally in WA I had 160-165 and 27.5's. Ran good some days, and perfect other days. I moved down here, and it ran like crap. I re jetted to 155-160 and cleaned the air filter... seemed to run good two weekends ago. this weekend I rode and it rode like crap, wouldn't rev up.. I checked the plug, black. I pulled the skin off the air filter (no lid, at all) and it ran a little better, but still wouldn't rev all the way up... I hope someone might have an idea... I have the GYTR air filter adapter, with a k&n, and a big gun race... I have a feeling that my air filter might have just gotten really dirty when I rode last weekend, and thats why it ran crappy this time... I don't know... any other ideas on it?

2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.

RaptItUp

See my instructions above.  Mine seems to run perfect.  I've had it wound out and it never feels like its looking for more fuel.  I just changed my plug and the tip and electrode were ash color, the outside was black(probably from cold starting).

Looks like you and I have about the same setup on the intake.  Is your motor stock?  I clean my filter almost every ride, the exception being if it's not dusty.  I also changed to the NGK Iridium plug. It has a thin wire type electrode and  It's about 7.00 at Advance Auto Parts.  Make sure you have had the valves adjusted too.  Cahills Yamaha in Tampa did mine, but Mike & Mike at ATP were real helpful, I just couldn't get hooked up with them.   If you can't straighten it out get with ATP

Agent

I don't think I have more than 40 hours on mine... It doesn't seem like it would be time for valves yet... I do need an oil change, but other than that... The motor should be good.
2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.

RaptItUp

Yamaha recommends a 10hr service that includes valve adj, oil change, chassis lube, tighten nuts/bolts for about 200.00.
I thought that's a rip-off, so I do my own lube and change oil about every 10/15 hrs.  Kinda figured that valves are a little more important so I decided to let a pro do it.  

Start with an oil change and keep the air filter clean.  The most I let my K&N go is 2 rides.  Take it off and hold it up to the light.  Clean it and then look again. Even with an Outerwear my gets dusty.

Do you ever go to Big Scrub?  I plan on being there this Sunday.  My Rappy is White/Red also.  I ride with 2 Yellow Z400's & Yellow 250EX towed by a Silver Expedition.  We are usually parked near the crapper.    

Agent

Man, I can't go this sunday, but I want to. I live in temple terrace, moving to Largo. You should head to my place sometime when you go ride and we could head out to croom together. I am about 10 blocks from 75 between fletcher and fowler right next to USF. Later dude...
2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.

RaptItUp

I haven't been to Croom since last May.  ONF is worth the extra drive.  If you've never been there you should try it. If you have,  you know what I'm talking about.   Maybe we can hook up and ride sometime.

Agent

that sounds great man, I would definately like to do that sometime!
2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.