This can't be right or can it be?

Started by Slick89, February 26, 2008, 09:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slick89

Just check out what I found on Craigslist. Idk if its right but seem pretty cheap to me... but what do i know. heres the link   http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/rvs/587584556.html
2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593[/url]

Young Gun

Theres something wrong with it or its stolen.
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

Slick89

I thought that was way too cheap. But hey u never know maybe they need to money or something? If thats the case then that a steal.
2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593[/url]

quadracer1992

Its an 05 and they say its never been used? To me, and Im not very experienced with buying or selling used quads, it seems a bit suspicious doesnt it? I just dont like the way they worded it who knows though its not extremely cheap but it seems suspicious to me.
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

digginfool

Fastest way to determine if it's a scam is to email the seller, tell them you're in the area and want to come check it out.  Also, ask them if they have the title in hand, ready to deliver if you want to buy.  If it's a scam, either they will reply that the unit is already sold or not for sale anymore.  Scammers don't want someone local; they want someone out of area who will be stupid enough to wire the money and have the unit shipped.  You won't know until you ask.  Send the email.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

bignickwaite

[url="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg"]http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg[/url]

Slick89

Now that one is a scam.A month back I emailed on 2 Rincons that were 2007 and pretty brand new that were listed for dirt cheap. got the same email back but with a diff name saying something bout it was in Missouri and it need to be shipped... anyways to make a long story short it was a scam. If its seems like a good deal, always email them and ask as many question possible.. It doesn't hurt to ask to many then not ask enough. 
2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593[/url]

GrizzlyGator

Quote from: Slick89 on February 26, 2008, 09:13:57 PM
Just check out what I found on Craigslist. Idk if its right but seem pretty cheap to me... but what do i know. heres the link   http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/rvs/587584556.html

Quote from: Slick89 on February 27, 2008, 06:55:31 AM
Now that one is a scam.A month back I emailed on 2 Rincons that were 2007 and pretty brand new that were listed for dirt cheap. got the same email back but with a diff name saying something bout it was in Missouri and it need to be shipped... anyways to make a long story short it was a scam. If its seems like a good deal, always email them and ask as many question possible.. It doesn't hurt to ask to many then not ask enough. 


looks like you got your answer... :dunno.gif

TRX450R_Racer

I e-mailed the guy from the Jacksonville one and asked him if I could come and see it. Here is his response.

Hi,
There are 185 miles on it, the quad is in great condition, it has been properly maintained, never been abused in any way. It has clear title and the price I'm selling it for is $2890 which is including all the shipping charges.
I live in jacksonville and I work for Feed The Children, if you would like to checkout our website to give you some peace . The website is www.feedthechildren.org it is a mission organization , i left the country with a mission in UK , i raise founds in local churches to buy food , clothes and medicament's so we can help the children's in our missions from poor countries.
Anyway, there shouldn't be any problem, because I am using MoneyBookers services so I can sell the quad without difficulty.
I left the quad at their warehouse (in US) before leaving to the UK. They will take care of the delivery. There's a 14 days return policy so you will have the chance to test, inspect and ride it before final decision.
So if you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks



My response to him was

You're a dirtbag scammer!!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Mudneck

LOL I get those all the time.Next time tell them you have family that lives real close to the shipper & they can go get it & pay them cash after inspection.Never hear back from those jerkofs
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Slick89

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on February 28, 2008, 02:17:22 AM
I e-mailed the guy from the Jacksonville one and asked him if I could come and see it. Here is his response.

Hi,
There are 185 miles on it, the quad is in great condition, it has been properly maintained, never been abused in any way. It has clear title and the price I'm selling it for is $2890 which is including all the shipping charges.
I live in jacksonville and I work for Feed The Children, if you would like to checkout our website to give you some peace . The website is www.feedthechildren.org it is a mission organization , i left the country with a mission in UK , i raise founds in local churches to buy food , clothes and medicament's so we can help the children's in our missions from poor countries.
Anyway, there shouldn't be any problem, because I am using MoneyBookers services so I can sell the quad without difficulty.
I left the quad at their warehouse (in US) before leaving to the UK. They will take care of the delivery. There's a 14 days return policy so you will have the chance to test, inspect and ride it before final decision.
So if you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks



My response to him was

You're a dirtbag scammer!!

Yep you be surprise how many ppl try to do that.. and whats sad is I'm sure someone will fall for it.
2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on February 28, 2008, 02:17:22 AM
I e-mailed the guy from the Jacksonville one and asked him if I could come and see it. Here is his response.

Hi,
There are 185 miles on it, the quad is in great condition, it has been properly maintained, never been abused in any way. It has clear title and the price I'm selling it for is $2890 which is including all the shipping charges.
I live in jacksonville and I work for Feed The Children, if you would like to checkout our website to give you some peace . The website is www.feedthechildren.org it is a mission organization , i left the country with a mission in UK , i raise founds in local churches to buy food , clothes and medicament's so we can help the children's in our missions from poor countries.
Anyway, there shouldn't be any problem, because I am using MoneyBookers services so I can sell the quad without difficulty.
I left the quad at their warehouse (in US) before leaving to the UK. They will take care of the delivery. There's a 14 days return policy so you will have the chance to test, inspect and ride it before final decision.
So if you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks



My response to him was

You're a dirtbag scammer!!

What a coincedence, Here's the guy from Tampa's response to me.

Hi,
There are 369 miles on it, the quad is in great condition, it has been properly maintained, never been abused in any way. It has clear title and the price I'm selling it for is $2800 which is including all the shipping charges.
I live in tampa bay area and I work for Feed The Children, if you would like to checkout our website to give you some peace . The website is www.feedthechildren.org it is a mission organization , i left the country with a mission in UK , i raise founds in local churches to buy food , clothes and medicament's so we can help the children's in our missions from poor countries.
Anyway, there shouldn't be any problem, because I am using MoneyBookers services so I can sell the quad without difficulty.
I left the quad at their warehouse (in US) before leaving to the UK. They will take care of the delivery. There's a 14 days return policy so you will have the chance to test, inspect and ride it before final decision.
So if you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks

My response to him was: I might have been born at night but it wasn't last night. Good luck scamming someone else you worthless scumbag..

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Mudneck

#12
http://westpalmbeach.craigslist.org/car/589945771.html

Heres another everyone e-mail this jackoff!

Heres the response I got

Hi , Thanks for being interested in buying my ATV. The atv Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4  Special Edition is in excelent condition.This machine has only 400 miles on it and it is adult owned and operated.  It has never seen MUD! The ATV has a clear title that is in hand. There are no scratches, stretch marks, scuffs, dings, of any kind on this ATV.The price is not negotiable , $2,800.00 firm. The only thing because i am selling it,because i divorced with my husband and after the divorce i own this ATV, now as a woman i don`t need it( i don`t have driver license)... we will use only eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection to complete the sale. If you are interested and you have the funds available email me your full name and shipping address.
Regards,Carmen Martin

[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Mudneck

[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

quadracer1992

I wonder if any idiots actually fall for scams like that.
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

Caddy 16v

...we had that a couple times in germany slightly different with western union etc. but the scam was the same and actually there were people who thought it was real and went for it, well they all lost their money...idiots :D

Slick89

It appears we have another scammer. http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/rvs/597902073.html

its unreal that ppl actually do this
2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593[/url]