I love my gear!!!

Started by gearhead400, February 11, 2008, 01:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gearhead400

Soooo, i hit 3 oak tree's today topped out in 5th on the 400ex. Small "S" curve i have blasted through many times got the best of me. two oak tree's about 3" in diameter and one about 7". The first oak broke completely off and actually landed 10-15ft away with my bike, the second one bent into an L, and i just took a chunk out of the third one. If it wernt for those two little oaks and my safety equipment, someone else would probably typing this message for me. I'm so grateful that i walked away from that. Someone must be lookin out for me!! I'm still going to go out and get some pictures of the tree's! crazyyy. I'm sure the fact that i've been having to store it outside doesnt help (notice the rust :() but now i can powdercoat and gusset it!

Other than some sore ribs, a gash on my knee, and just sore muscles in general, i feel great!! I'm sure i wont be saying that in the morning, but i'll still be smiling!

I went out jumping the bmx bike after all of this, no sense wasting the adrenaline!




strong like bull!!







Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Ida_Mann

kinda sounds like someone else I know with a 400ex ;-)

gotta love the gear, glad you're OK.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

predatorracer8

i guess there goes the GNCC for ya, shoot man that sucks hopefully you can get it fixed quick. glad to hear you were alright.

jake

Slick89

Dang dude glad to see you are okay. Bike looks pretty messed up which sucks but hopefully you'll get it fix quick and conquer the "S" curve once and for all. best of luck!
2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593[/url]

svtbolt04

If you have insurance, it might be worth the claim to get a new quad.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

gearhead400

Quote from: svtbolt04 on February 11, 2008, 09:42:10 AM
If you have insurance, it might be worth the claim to get a new quad.

i wish  :( i was already planning on selling this one in a couple months and getting a new one.

I really hope i can get the parts i need and the welding goes smoothly so i can run the GNCC. I've been counting down the days.

I'm definitely feeling it today! thanks for the replies everyone.  :)
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

TRX450R_Racer

You're luck you weren't seriously injured.

I say part out the 400EX and buy a 450.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

gearhead400

ohhhh, part it out. good idea!!

Yeah when i finally caught my breath after feeling like my ribs where broken, i was amazed i could stand on my feet and said a prayer. I'm going to take pictures of the tree's now.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

gearhead400

Well, that wasnt the last of the damage.








I wanted to cry.

Also the two "gussets"  that are attached to the top of the frame, and the part of the frame that extends to the handlebars are both broken at the welds.

So i dont know what to do with this thing now. I wont get hardly anything for it if i part it out. I guess i'll just bite the bullet and rebuild it, meanwhile go out and get a new one...i just dont want the payments..........Anyone want to sponser me..and buy me a 450?! come on, it will be fun for both of us.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

predatorracer8

Quote from: gearhead400 on February 13, 2008, 03:06:11 AM
Well, that wasnt the last of the damage.








I wanted to cry.

Also the two "gussets"  that are attached to the top of the frame, and the part of the frame that extends to the handlebars are both broken at the welds.

So i dont know what to do with this thing now. I wont get hardly anything for it if i part it out. I guess i'll just bite the bullet and rebuild it, meanwhile go out and get a new one...i just dont want the payments..........Anyone want to sponser me..and buy me a 450?! come on, it will be fun for both of us.

boy i wish it was that easy to get a sponsor or atleast one that will give you bikes.

gearhead400

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

1FasterBlaster

 You definately came out way better than the quad!! That's good ridin there...

Ida_Mann

holy crap, you're lucky to be walking around.

you should start a new school, "Gearhead's School of Crashes"  In a few short weeks I'll teach you how to crash.....
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

gearhead400

haha, i hardly ever crash (as crazy as I ride at least), but when i do, i guess you could say i go all out!  lol I was on a "just go for it" streak for almost a year and i was doing really good, caught up with me though.....as you can see.  ;D 

SOMEONE BUY THESE PARTS! It looks dirty...and it is, but i take good care of it!...minus the tree, this quad is my baby! but its time to let go  :'(
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Cosmo

89 330R

TRX450R_Racer

I would suggest not putting a penny into it. Maybe replace the broken vavle cover and sell the engine as a whole. I would tear it down and salvage what you can. It will cost more than it is worth to fix. You can buy a nice used 450 for $3500 or less. There is one in the for sale section for $2900. That's a great deal. Good Luck with whatever you do.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Turboderf

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on February 14, 2008, 12:26:56 AM
I would suggest not putting a penny into it. Maybe replace the broken vavle cover and sell the engine as a whole. I would tear it down and salvage what you can. It will cost more than it is worth to fix. You can buy a nice used 450 for $3500 or less. There is one in the for sale section for $2900. That's a great deal. Good Luck with whatever you do.
Iam with frank sell it sometimes you just got to know when to say when  good luck ....my 2 cents

gearhead400

yea im going to part it out and get a new quad. Sucks though because now i have to change classes and i realllly didnt want to race open B because i know im going to have a hard time beating the top guys. But thats what its all about right?

Tree pic's apparently there were four, but really the first 3 where just a cushion for the final tree.

i was maybe a foot away from falling off of this cliff also.



Snapped right off

where my bike landed

clear view of the cliff

the part i would of fell on.

I didnt realise until just now that i did crack the biggest oak...holy crap
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

TRX450R_Racer

If you want to stay in the 400 class get a Z400/DVX400/KFX400. You can get them a lot cheaper than a 450. Water cooled and better power. The extra money you save you can have the suspension done by GT Thunder and be ready to rip.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

shogun323

Glad you walked away unscathed. My wreck last week came out the opposite, my bike is totally fine but my shoulder is jacked!!!!
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein