What's Your Racing Number Mean?

Started by Fast66071, February 13, 2008, 09:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast66071

There was an article in Quad magazine where several pro riders talked about why they had their particular race number. I thought it would be interesting to see why and how the local racers came up with their numbers. 

Turboderf

my sons number is 92 his birth year and iam 192 just one faster them him LOL not anymore cool whats your number

Fast66071

My number is 71. It was the year I got my first mini bike. I was 8 years old.

Yes, I know I'm old.........

#21yfz

Im number 21..i was given that number when i started playing baseball when i was like 10 and kept it threw the years till i decided to start racing,and decided to keep the same number

Hoosier Daddy

Mines 07.
Some 15 years ago i went to my first race and someone had the #7 (lucky #7) so I went to 07 and it has just stuck from there..
Ironically, my 7year old, when he was 4 went to his first race but there was another racer with #4 so hes now #04..
funny how both father and son have a zero before the number for the same reason...
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

~Demon_Boy250X~

Well mine might offend some people (hopefully not) but i am number 666 i chose this number because my name is Damian and since i was young people always mentioned my name from The Omen, around late elementary school, early middle school i acquired the nick name "Demon" I am now 15 and still have this nickname so i figured the number 666 would work perfect for me. so far i love it and i think it is pretty cool IMO.
#20 Damian "Demon" Fernandez

Honda 04 450R
Elka Dual Rate Front Shocks
Alba +2 +1 A-Arms
Durablue +4 Axle
Tag T2 Handle Bars
ITP Beadlocks
Holeshots
AC Racing Bumper
Graydon Proline Nerf Bars
Elka Shock Covers
Oneal Racing Grips

"Faster than I've ever been, slower than I want

KD 428

Mines pretty easy. 428, my DOB april 28th
HONDA CRF450R

CountryBoy

My racing # is 12. When i used to play atv vs mx uleashed i always use to pick the number 12. No particular reason, just liked it. Lol  :)
_*Modded Motorsports*_
       (727)432-0270

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/TCNales
www.GandGracing.com

*Thanks to my Sponsors*
M&M Racing
SKY Powersports
AC Racing
Scott USA
PowerMadd
Gaerne

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

PLEDGER#76

Even though I am taking this year off from FTR I still sport the #76 on all my stuff. It was the number my son started racing with and now I sport it proudly too. It will be back in action next season for sure too.....
1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R

TBR

Lyndon's number is 86. It used to be 89 the first year or so that he raced, which is the year he was born. He changed it to 86 to honor his sister (born in 86) who died of cancer. Pretty special I thought.
I knew Lyndon would not tell this story so I thought I would.

jayman

My son is #42.  He wrecked his first quad, the first time out and broke his first bone (two breaks and five fractures) all within a days time.  It was April 2nd (4/2) so he decided to have that number.

My number......(#69).....  I have used that number my whole life so that is the only number I would have on my quad.
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: TBR on February 14, 2008, 12:36:45 AM
Lyndon's number is 86. It used to be 89 the first year or so that he raced, which is the year he was born. He changed it to 86 to honor his sister (born in 86) who died of cancer. Pretty special I thought.
I knew Lyndon would not tell this story so I thought I would.


First of, sorry for your loss. I cant image what it would be like to lose a child.
That is the best reason for a number I could ever think of.
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

310R_Dude

Quote from: TBR on February 14, 2008, 12:36:45 AM
Lyndon's number is 86. It used to be 89 the first year or so that he raced, which is the year he was born. He changed it to 86 to honor his sister (born in 86) who died of cancer. Pretty special I thought.
I knew Lyndon would not tell this story so I thought I would.


He told me that story... you are right, pretty special.
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

klutchbuster400

Mine is 22, somewhat of a mux between doug gust's 55, and Jeremiah jone's 2.
But the real story was that I was listening to the song Hustling while ordering the customized plate, and that part that repeats 22 a billion times came up,so I just went with that.

SlowJoeRacing

mine is 92 it was my birth year. my dads is 192 because he thought he was one faster than me but he is wrong that is what he gets for thinking that though
~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~
JOSEPH#992 - HONDA 450R - RACER
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R - MACHANIC/PIT CREW

THANKS: MY DAD WITH ALL-TECH - SCOTT USA - GT~THUNDER - Cycle Gear - KLOTZ SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS

CountryBoy

Quote from: TBR on February 14, 2008, 12:36:45 AM
Lyndon's number is 86. It used to be 89 the first year or so that he raced, which is the year he was born. He changed it to 86 to honor his sister (born in 86) who died of cancer. Pretty special I thought.
I knew Lyndon would not tell this story so I thought I would.


Sorry to hear about that. Never even knew Lydon had a sister.
_*Modded Motorsports*_
       (727)432-0270

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/TCNales
www.GandGracing.com

*Thanks to my Sponsors*
M&M Racing
SKY Powersports
AC Racing
Scott USA
PowerMadd
Gaerne

WOODY_450r

i had 55 before but didnt like it so i switched to 411 cause its my bday and its pretty cool lol  :P
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT !!!!!!!!


JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4

sykolincoln

mine is 13 becouse bad luck is better then no luck! :o
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

predatorracer8

#19
mine is 8 because about 8 months to a year ago i had ocd and i remember when i had just started getting it my mom said the #4 in chinese was the number of death so i never use the number 4 for anything still to this day even though i have gotten rid of it. but i thought that if i did something that if i did that same thing over again it would cancel it out(i know its wierd) so i thought 4+4=8(get it 4 two times so the 4 would be canceled out) so thats how i got my number for quadscramble but in harescrambles it is 18(no reason)


jake

Shawn

Quote from: TBR on February 14, 2008, 12:36:45 AM
Lyndon's number is 86. It used to be 89 the first year or so that he raced, which is the year he was born. He changed it to 86 to honor his sister (born in 86) who died of cancer. Pretty special I thought.
I knew Lyndon would not tell this story so I thought I would.


I too am sorry for your loss. Now I will pull for Lyndon even more than ever ;)
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

svtbolt04

My number is my brothers birthday, August 23rd = 823. He passed away almost 4 years ago from diabetes.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

koh0001

Since I'm always upside down... I  use 119 It's close to 911..lol



TBR,  Sorry for your loss..
2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

CountryBoy

It alway seems like us racers are racin for someone. Whether it was a loss or maybe an injured rider. Thats what gives me the drive. :)  Cant wait to see u back on the bike alan.
_*Modded Motorsports*_
       (727)432-0270

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/TCNales
www.GandGracing.com

*Thanks to my Sponsors*
M&M Racing
SKY Powersports
AC Racing
Scott USA
PowerMadd
Gaerne

Mrs.Nightbreed

Mike and I only had one quad for both of to race when I signed up to ride the first time. He wanted to run 36 because it was the number his dad had on his dirt track cars and all his jeeps when Mike was growing up. So when we got a second quad for him I kept racing the one with 36 on it and inherited the number. His dad passed away in 2005, now Mike changed his number back to it, so we are both running it.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com