Rancher 350 final gear oil milky

Started by HondaBeaterSFL, April 04, 2005, 07:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HondaBeaterSFL

I just checked my final gear oil and front & rear were milky. I drained them flushed with diesel and refilled them. Been riding twice since then and checked again, and I got milk? Anyone got an answer? Also I ride with my friend he has the same bike and he goes through the same sh*t I go through and his is fine? Vent lines seem to be ok, they are routed up to the gas tank area.....
Truck
ATV
Fishing pole

Da_Mtg_Man

Mine do the same thing. I'm guessing you're riding in mud/water? Hondas are known for getting water in there. Just change it regularly.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

HondaBeaterSFL

Just got me worried, and we both ride the same bike through the same mud/water and his is still clear oil. Thanks for the response..  :)
Truck
ATV
Fishing pole

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Try driving the bike right side up in the water.  ;D
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

HondaBeaterSFL

LOL now thats good comedy, gotta make you laugh some how.
Truck
ATV
Fishing pole

Truegrit

You should snorkle the vents. The brakes (two front and one rear) and the front and rear diffs, all need to be snorkled up to the handle bars. Just get some 1/4" I.D. tubing and extend the vents up, this will keep the water out. You can get some tees from the hardware store too then combine the vents so you do no thave to route so many up.

That should be one of the first things you do to a bike if you ride a lot of water.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

HondaBeaterSFL

Thanks for the tip, I will go get the supplies tommorow. Hope it helps, I did have water in my rear brake also.
Truck
ATV
Fishing pole

Truegrit

Just make sure you clean everything out, use brake cleaner to get the water out on the brakes and you can flush the diffs with deisel to get the water out of them as well. The extended vent will solve your problems and help make the parts last longer.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

HondaBeaterSFL

That was awsome to see you say flush with diesel, I did the first time and was unsure if it was ok to do. Thanks again!
Truck
ATV
Fishing pole