getting a FL title

Started by mongo, January 30, 2008, 11:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongo

I bought a motorcycle with no title. I used the link on this site, checked the vin number to make sure it wasn't stolen, got a bill of sale from the seller and now want to title it my name.

I was told at the tag agency (that place is full of idiots) that I would have to get the court to issue an order to allow them to title it. I called the CoCC and they were even less of a help telling me to consult an attorney or visit a law library to obtain directions or documents to do this.

This bike has a previous FL title but due to privacy acts, I only can get the title number, no owners name or address. I bought if from someone who bought it from someone who did not have the title......

Anyone with any ideas?


Mongo
Honda CRF 250x
Honda CRF 150
Honda CRF 230F
Suzuki RM 125 (144)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
WOW--What a Ride!

AintSkeered

You bought it from someone who did not legally own it. Sorry.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

mrbones

#2
lol, don't worry man. I got your back. The state of Florida isn't helpful at all when it comes to titles and bikes. What does Florida expect us to do with all these "parts" bikes? Fill the land fill?

So why not use a loop hole. Register it in another state that doesn't require a title then register it here and get a legit Florida title.

Use this service: http://its-titles.com

I've used them 3 times for junker motorcycles I've bought to restore. People think a bike without a title is worthless, so I always make out. But, the bikes needs to be an older model. Check the site for a chart and breakdown of the years that you can do it with. AND, it does cost money to do this, but in Florida, there is no other way for an old bike with no title and no original owner to be found.

Just don't tell anybody so I can still buy "parts" bike cheap.  ;)

Oh, and thank you Florida for making it so DIFFICULT. It's as bad as trying to find a place to ride my ATV!
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

mongo

Thanks to a memeber, he got me the name and address of the last tilted owner. Now I can write them a letter and see if they would happen to still have the title or sign a letter stating the title is lost and they are selling it to me.

I am sure he wants to remain un-named, but thanks a lot.

You are right Mr. Bones. My bike is a 05 and they can't do newer ones.  I don't really need a title for what I do.....ride at Croom etc, I can get a sticker for it.  And it is just a trail bike, probably will not sell  it and if I did, a lot of times you get more parting the bike out on ebay.

Honda CRF 250x
Honda CRF 150
Honda CRF 230F
Suzuki RM 125 (144)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
WOW--What a Ride!