Motoplex Cross Country race updated with pics

Started by Paul_S, January 26, 2008, 08:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_S

First off, thanks to all who came out.

The weather radar on weather.com looked like it was going to rain all day, but as usual, we just got a light drizzle and conditions were great.

We enjoyed hosting this race, that I think I am going to host a whole 9 race series this year. If the happy faces and YEH MAN THAT WAS COOL, comments were anything to go by, the racers liked it too.

Course was 14 miles long and they ran 3 laps. The Open class guys were running it in about 32 minutes per lap, the beginners were doing it in about an hour. We let the open guys run a grudge match, one lap race at the end too. 

Dreth will post the race results later, but here are some pics I took.  :Thumbs2:










































TRX450R_Racer

#1
Man looks like fun! I wish it was closer.  :'(

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

KD 428

HONDA CRF450R

1FasterBlaster

 Man does that make me want to buy another sport quad. I can't wait to go up there and see this place.

sykolincoln

Paul I had a great time as always man!! glad you suport us trikers!! all you sissys that backed out, you guys missed a great time with just alittle drizzle in the air!
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

lawn_man mx

i wish i would of been there !!   if  your never been there   you should   the plex  is  super fun !!   carpool ? ;D  lets go
05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58

klutchbuster400

Awesome pics. That place looks like alot of fun.
How far is it from Miami? ALso, is this the same place as L-cross?

digginfool

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on January 27, 2008, 10:02:27 AM
Awesome pics. That place looks like alot of fun.
How far is it from Miami? ALso, is this the same place as L-cross?

Unfortunately, it's about 425 miles from Miami and no, it's not L-Cross.  L-Cross is near Okeechobee, about 130 miles from Miami.  My folks live in Alabama so I'll be stopping by the Plex on my way out there later this Spring if it's open but outside of that, I wish it wasn't so damn far away.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

klutchbuster400

Quote from: digginfool on January 27, 2008, 10:35:28 AM
Quote from: klutchbuster400 on January 27, 2008, 10:02:27 AM
Awesome pics. That place looks like alot of fun.
How far is it from Miami? ALso, is this the same place as L-cross?

Unfortunately, it's about 425 miles from Miami and no, it's not L-Cross.  L-Cross is near Okeechobee, about 130 miles from Miami.  My folks live in Alabama so I'll be stopping by the Plex on my way out there later this Spring if it's open but outside of that, I wish it wasn't so damn far away.
Oh ok, thanks Diggin.

1FasterBlaster

 From the looks of it, it's worth the drive. If I had a quad to ride, I would so be there!! Soon...soon!!

sykolincoln

3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

greenmachine

Man I wish I still had my 86 ATC250r. Looks like a lot of fun was had.

Shawn

Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

BIGREDTIDE

Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

BIGREDTIDE

Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

Ride1Rob

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

1FasterBlaster


BIGREDTIDE

Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

Cosmo

89 330R

bbf

i have to get up there one time  looks to be a good ride

Paul_S


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com