I need a good grab bar for Raptor 660r

Started by grsricky, April 19, 2005, 12:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grsricky

I have an '05 raptor 660r. Though a new atv rider. I have started to wheelie. The stock wheelie bar is a piece of sh.. Since I am new to this, so I bought a stock one to replace the first one. Now it broke again. I am not wheelieing fast mind you. Almost to a standstill at like 85 to 90 degrees. Very slow! My friend's DS650 though constantly stalling causing him to hit the wheelie bar alot, his stock wheelie bar has no problem. What is a good wheelie bar I can get for my raptor. I just got ac nerfs, so i would like to get something that matches(not a priority) but sturdy. I mean if I am going 25 or 30 mph and it hits the ground I don't expect it not to bend but these stock bars are ridiculous. I am also looking for full set of skids, any suggestions will greatly be appreciated.
2005 Raptor 660r AC nerf; full UM skids; pro aluminum rear bumper; White Bros.; Pro design proflow kit
Yamaha follow no one!
'98 Mazda P/U somethings gotta carry my Quad
'03 Porche 911 Carrera 4S

YamahaWarrior350

I got a Warrior and my Grab Bar takes a beating but it never bent.  Go on RockyMountainATV.com

grsricky

I went to the web site there are only 2 for the raptor. an Ultra lite and the UM performance. Which one do you have or if you recommend, WHY?
2005 Raptor 660r AC nerf; full UM skids; pro aluminum rear bumper; White Bros.; Pro design proflow kit
Yamaha follow no one!
'98 Mazda P/U somethings gotta carry my Quad
'03 Porche 911 Carrera 4S

Axo

Go with the AC!  ;D You should have no problems.
2003 Raptor 660, Red/Blk, White Bros R4, Jet Kit, Pro Design Pro flow Kit, IMS Pegs,IMS Heel guards,AC Nerfs, AC Front Bumper, 5" rear wheel spacers, 3" front wheel spacers.

grsricky

#4
Was there a big different before and after you got jets and white bros R4
2005 Raptor 660r AC nerf; full UM skids; pro aluminum rear bumper; White Bros.; Pro design proflow kit
Yamaha follow no one!
'98 Mazda P/U somethings gotta carry my Quad
'03 Porche 911 Carrera 4S

Chuck_Norris

I bent 2 of them on my Rappy I was buying them from Ebay for $5 a shot. then I learned how to keep from scrapping it

Axo

QuoteWas there a big different before and after you got jets and white bros R4

YES  ;D
2003 Raptor 660, Red/Blk, White Bros R4, Jet Kit, Pro Design Pro flow Kit, IMS Pegs,IMS Heel guards,AC Nerfs, AC Front Bumper, 5" rear wheel spacers, 3" front wheel spacers.

RaptItUp

PRM makes some sturdy ones.  I have a PRM six-pack rack and bumper on mine. They have some nice looking Desert,Baja and MX style bars.

PRM-ATV.com

grsricky

Thank you for all the advice. Well appreciated. I went with the AC ;D. I am also looking for Hand guards that will fit the 660r raptor. I bought asceris online but they didn't fit. I need to find one that is made for my atv. Everything included, all I need to do is mount. I have common sense but I am not really inclined on mechanics. I would like to keep  improvising to a minimal.
2005 Raptor 660r AC nerf; full UM skids; pro aluminum rear bumper; White Bros.; Pro design proflow kit
Yamaha follow no one!
'98 Mazda P/U somethings gotta carry my Quad
'03 Porche 911 Carrera 4S

raptor426

GO WITH THE AC'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I did the same thing, i brought my raptor back when i first got it also, and to no suprise, bent the sh!t out of the grab bar.  I replaced it with the AC standard MX grab bar.  It alows you to keep the tail light and also comes with a grab bar.  One of the best websites for a raptor is http://www.magicracing.com/, they have all the parts you need, and they are cheap.  Get the AC standard MX grab bar, trust me I have stood up my raptor plenty of times on it and it still looks brand new.  Also for the skid plates, go with ACs also.
2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Exmx54

Ac grab bars may be the worst thing in the world to buy, they snap WELL easier then stock. Get an X-factor grab bar, from www.dirtfiendracing.com you'll have to call in order to get the price and stuff, but Rudy, shop owner is a great guy to deal with. I'm sure he can also direct you in the right direction for skids too.

grsricky

Thanks for the info. I will get on top of it ASAP. I already got the AC grab bar and if I need another one I know exactly where to go. Thanks. I will now contact him for the skids.
2005 Raptor 660r AC nerf; full UM skids; pro aluminum rear bumper; White Bros.; Pro design proflow kit
Yamaha follow no one!
'98 Mazda P/U somethings gotta carry my Quad
'03 Porche 911 Carrera 4S

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com