Reflections of a First Time QS Racer!

Started by Pat, January 14, 2008, 02:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandida

#25
Hey, Pat...thanks for your "reflections".   The way you described it, is just how I'm imagining it.  I'm a 33 year old woman, out of shape, and overweight.   I'm thinking of going to the Sarasota race coming up on 3/29, and I am definitely not ready for this.  I should get in some sort of shape and wait for the next race.  However, since I learned of this racing so late in my life, I don't want to miss anymore  opportunities.  I keep saying to myself that I'm freak'n crazy to do this.  I'm not even a mom yet!  I should be thinking of having kids, not racing!!  Hey, at least you have kids...I may lose my ovaries out there!! 

Anyway, I went to practice yesterday, for an hour, and today I can hardly walk....Oh yeah...I am SOOOOOOO not ready for this.   I had this attitude of "I'm in it to win it"....after yesterday's practice, I'm saying "I'm in it to finish it!!"   :D

It should be fun...I'll have to be rolled around in a wheelchair for two weeks after the race, but it should be fun.   :-\
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4
2006 YFZ 450
2006 Yamaha Banshee
2005 Yamaha Raptor 350
1985 Kawasaki ATC 160
1983 Honda ATC 200

gearhead400

haha awesome! Best of luck! I'm hoping this is going to be my best race yet, buttt i havent been able to ride for a couple months so who knows!
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

mudnuri

If you use any excuse not to come and play, it will be your loss. No one said you HAD to go as fast as you can. You can go as fast as you want. Let it take you into a conditioning mindset. I know too many, "bigger than they'd like to be" people that have much endurance and capabilities.
Don't make any excuses. Just come and enjoy riding on private property with not having to look over your shoulder for "The Man." It's not a beauty contest. Have you seen my hair?
:)
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

bandida

Quote from: mudnuri on March 16, 2008, 05:30:43 PM
If you use any excuse not to come and play, it will be your loss. No one said you HAD to go as fast as you can. You can go as fast as you want. Let it take you into a conditioning mindset. I know too many, "bigger than they'd like to be" people that have much endurance and capabilities.
Don't make any excuses. Just come and enjoy riding on private property with not having to look over your shoulder for "The Man." It's not a beauty contest. Have you seen my hair?
:)

No excuses made here....just sharing my thoughts, but mostly fears.  :-\  I'm still going gosh darn it, even with my medieval Banshee that many or some shun upon.  :no   Beauty contest? :hotty2.gif    Not sure what you meant by that comment, but if I cared about what people thought of me, I would be sitting at home knitting, or getting my nails done, not riding a sports quad.   :J   If your comment was because of my overweight comment,  I said it because I'm out of shape, and don't have much endurance, they go hand in hand....not because of how I look.   ;)

That's me...I was mudding on my Banshee.   Yeah...uh?  That's when they called me crazy.   :oo
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4
2006 YFZ 450
2006 Yamaha Banshee
2005 Yamaha Raptor 350
1985 Kawasaki ATC 160
1983 Honda ATC 200

mudnuri

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

bandida

2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4
2006 YFZ 450
2006 Yamaha Banshee
2005 Yamaha Raptor 350
1985 Kawasaki ATC 160
1983 Honda ATC 200