I-4 70 Car Wreck

Started by mrbones, January 12, 2008, 04:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbones

Does anybody know anybody who was involved in the accident this week? Almost unbelievable.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

trx#9

I-4 has more dumb asses driving on it than any other interstate highway in Florida. It was only a matter of time. Some people just don't know how to drive on interstate highways. Everytime I drive down that road there's idiots driving 60 mph down the fast lane never moving over to right lane were they should be, mean while there's 20 cars riding on there ass and they just don't care. Many of them are minorities. :-X
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

BarterMaster 21

Common Sense tells ya if you see fog or smoke maybe you should reduce your speed Going into it, and if its too thick and you cannot drive in these conditions, maybe pull off to the shoulder and wait till it clears.Its a sad situation, But it keeps our Ambulance chasers..oops I mean Lawyers working.
God Bless them all.
EXPERIENCE IS WHAT YOU GET, WHEN YOU DONT GET WHAT YOU WANT..........

mrbones

I know minorities are not to blame and I'm not going to comment on that.

But, what I notice on Florida highways are people not leaving enough distance to the car in front of them. A lot of people seem to think its a Nascar race out there and tailgate at 80+mph.

A controlled forest burn combined with fog is what caused the 3 ft visibility that led to the accident.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

trx#9

Quote from: mrbones on January 12, 2008, 05:27:11 PM
I know minorities are not to blame and I'm not going to comment on that.

But, what I notice on Florida highways are people not leaving enough distance to the car in front of them. A lot of people seem to think its a Nascar race out there and tailgate at 80+mph.

A controlled forest burn combined with fog is what caused the 3 ft visibility that led to the accident.
I'm just remarking on what I see everytime I drive down that road. I not sure what happen that day in the fog but I'm pretty sure someone was going to fast or to slow. There was probably a dumb ass driving 5 mph down the fast lane.
Remember a year ago that idiot driving a lawn mower down the fast lane going 30 mph. Some people just don't have a clue.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

dynodon

One of the contract mail carriers was involved, he was alerted by CB radio from another trucker of the fog he was heading for, slowed down realized when he got to it that he couldnt drive in it, pulled OFF the highway put his 4 ways on then ran on foot up the embankment. Thats when his semi was rear ended by a gravel train and ignited.

I know there are gonna be ALOT of peaple who are effected by the mail that has been lost IE Social security checks, payroll etc  etc.

FYI, the man said it was LITERALLY like hitting a wall. went up a light grade , to crest the top and BANG, there was the fog.
So its NOT like alot of peaple are "claiming" of driving to fast for conditions, you just couldnt see the "condition" until you were in it.
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

eldiablo64

a 24 ft. box truck from where I work was involved.they stopped cause the traffic in front of them stopped and some mexican in a rock truck hit them.it spun the truck around and flipped it over on top of a car.our driver broke his wrist in 2 places his helper just got banged up pretty good and a cracked rib.as for the guy in the car he survived he was trapped in his car under the truck for 5 1/2 hours.I haven't heard on how he is doing.our driver said it was clear then barely hazy then it was like hitting a wall .
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

eldiablo64

also that day one of the maintenance guys from work was coming back from orlando on 92 and somebody hit him and rolled his truck 3 times.he was not injured.
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]