Whats the difference between these 2 oils??

Started by GSPKurt, April 25, 2005, 05:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSPKurt

What's the difference between Mobil 1 V-Twin synthetic and Mobil 1 Motorcycle synthetic, besides V-Twin is 20W-50 and Motorcycle is 10W-40? ???
Kurt
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

400exRacer77

the weight, i think they do it to try and make more money cause its a different container.
2000-03 CRF450EX ..... Houser +3 LT a-arms and +1.25 swingarm, Custom Axis fully adjustable suspension front and rear, Walsh radiator, Douglas wheels, CRF450 motor, not quite done yet though......

Yamaha72

yeah they probably do that, but also the higher the weight is for hotter temperatures and the lower weight is for more cold weather.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Chuck_Norris

Quoteyeah they probably do that, but also the higher the weight is for hotter temperatures and the lower weight is for more cold weather.
exactly right I run the V-Twin  oil in my Harley because it gets hot sittng at a red light. and Heat will break down the oil.
I also Run this in My YFZ450. Amsoil

GSPKurt

I sent Mobil an email asking what the difference is.  ??? I will post their reply when I get it.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

GSPKurt

I have gotten 3 different email responses from Mobil. They keep telling me either oil is suitable for use in my Eiger. They either can't or won't tell me the difference between the 2 other than viscosity. [smiley=banghead.gif]
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch