L-Cross HS

Started by mudnuri, January 06, 2008, 10:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudnuri

For those who missed this race due to some stupid reason like "there are no points," missed a killer race. If that wasn't a hare scramble, I don't know what is. Tight, wide open, tough and bumpy, room to pass if you had the guts.
Taylor Kiser brought 3 or 4 pros. I lost count it seemed there were a bunch! Bill Ballance and crew were not there. Taylor told me BB had to go overseas for some sponsorship commitment or he would have lined up with us. How cool would it have been to have, what is it now? 7 or 8 GNCC championship titles, line up in FTR?
Regardless, there was for the first time I can ever remember, a AA line up in FTR that had that many XC1 pros in it.
Thanks Taylor!!
Sadly, I did not get video footage of that start :(
I watched in awe at how that row attacked the first two turns. Especially the 2nd turn. It makes one realize, I suck.

Frank! You got a good start!! She fired right up this time for you. I am still spitting up the roost you shot all over me coming out of every turn in that first mile!! It was great running with you. You are a great competitor as you don't give up. I like that. I could not catch up to Shawn Platt after I finally got around you. Then I saw Laz closing in on me and I wanted to beat him so badly. How could he win on our home court?? Yes, Laz Sommers of GT Thunder lined up with us on the Senior row. It was great! There were like 8 of us in that class! Bunch of old farts!!
He finally got up behind me and was not really pressuring, but there. There was a straight and I was wide open going through the gears and he went right around me like I was standing still. I said Dang!
I pushed and pushed to keep up with him, but there was no way. In the open areas the guy was blazing fast. In the tight stuff he was fast, too! His quad was Brandons pro-am quad from just last season.
Well he caught Shawn for the lead and took the checkered. I never could catch Shawn.
Even though the stupid scoring thing had me registered in the Vet class, I raced the Senior class and took 3rd. I need to give the 2nd place trophy to the guy who won it in the Vet class. His number is 55 if any of you know him. I'll bring it to the QS this next weekend.
My quad needs major tending to.

I need to put new bushings in the front end control arms.
I need to replace the twisted steering stem I bent practicing trying to keep up with Jen, Phil, and Shawn last week! LOL!
I ordered the parts for the oil leak behind my front sprocket, but they won't be here until Monday or Tuesday.
Oil change/air filter cleaned.
Regardless, the machine ran like a bear-AGAIN. I cannot for the life of figure out how these things take that much abuse and still keep working.

Nice holeshot by Leonard Santana!!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Turboderf

Wow that was a good shot of the start but even better shot of the grass did you see the ants LOL ..........it was a good day thanks FTR

RAD 450r

Yeah that was a pretty good race.  I liked the steep mound of dirt and the huge bush that seemed you were indside, and got darker the further you got.  I turned my lights on! it was even that dark though. 

Deffinately cool to see all those pro's there!

Heres a link to the race day pix website
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thumbpage.aspx?e=3426467

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

mudnuri

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

RAD 450r

Yeah heres my favorite.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=03VE00U9070141&po=141

Eh i stayed with him for about 15 seconds.  Those guys are machines!
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

TRX450R_Racer

Here are some pictures Turboderf took.

Laz Sommers (The owner of GThunder)

His son
Brandon Sommers (GNCC pro)

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

Bubba

Paul


Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

Taylor Kiser

Josh Williams

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

Brian Morris

Me

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

Mingo

Piper Sr

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

Brian, Me and a Super Senior

Me again
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

mudnuri

You roosted me so good. I had to keep telling myself to keep my mouth shut. That thing can kick up some earth.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

svtbolt04

So is taylor on a 450 now or still on the 525? The shocks are different than when I last saw his 525 (he had floats). Those look like Axis.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

TRX450R_Racer

He is still on a 525. i think the scocks are stock rebuilt by GThunder.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com