Never ever listen to a salesman. Or Buy any thing from RideNow

Started by Thunderdually, January 04, 2008, 04:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwoods boy

heres an idea dont ride at croom  :no then youl be fine me and my girlfreind always rode on my old fourtraxx together and it was only a 250  :drive.gif
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

Young Gun

Quote from: atvtrailer on January 04, 2008, 11:24:04 PM
To ride double at croom the quad has to be designed to ride 2 from the manufacture (not from adding something on the back rack) so if you have a true 2 person quad then you shouldn't have any problems.

Yeah but they are saying that they might outlaw it period.  Even if your quad can ride 2up.
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

predatorracer8

Quote from: REBEL on January 04, 2008, 11:44:24 PM
Quote from: atvtrailer on January 04, 2008, 11:24:04 PM
To ride double at croom the quad has to be designed to ride 2 from the manufacture (not from adding something on the back rack) so if you have a true 2 person quad then you shouldn't have any problems.

Yeah but they are saying that they might outlaw it period.  Even if your quad can ride 2up.

i say they should worry more on managing there trails so they are not so whooped out now a little whoops is fine but every single trail come on, they ned to buy one of the smoothing tracters with the big rolling barrels to smooth i out.

450rcrazy

They do not allow side x sides at croom either you have to straddle the seat to ride it there (no rhinos,rtz's,rangers,odysseys etc.) I do know a place that allows all of them! check this place out http://floridaatvmotoplex.com/  they are having a feature weekend Jan 11-13 ride all you want from 10:00 am Friday till dark on Sunday the 13th  Night rides events and the place is like a huge family atmosphere!

Da_Mtg_Man

What time does the wet t-shirt contest start?
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

450rcrazy

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on January 05, 2008, 12:15:48 AM
What time does the wet t-shirt contest start?
Its not L-cross ,Its a family riding Park for people of all ages. I dont know about the rest of you but when I go riding I go to ride not watch a wet t shirt contest. When I want to see BooBies I  go to a strip club. Riding parks should = Riding , strip clubs should = boobies and other good stuff ;)

Thunderdually

There has been some discussion in this thread on new regulations about riding ATV's in Fl. I went looking on the internet for new regulations for Fl. This is what I came up with. according to the Florida Senate these are the new Regulations.  for more information check out my other post.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=7bf95a8b1d974202cfd1e83517ae41aa&topic=30475.msg364025;topicseen#new
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

AmericanRobster

Quote from: atvtrailer on January 04, 2008, 11:24:04 PM
Quote from: AmericanRobster on January 04, 2008, 10:58:38 PM
That will be some total bs if I can't ride my 2 up atv at croom anymore. I may just end up selling it if that happens.

To ride double at croom the quad has to be designed to ride 2 from the manufacture (not from adding something on the back rack) so if you have a true 2 person quad then you shouldn't have any problems.

My quad is designed to carry 2 people. I have never had any problems at Croom with my ATV. As long as you pay you can ride.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Islandbreeze07

I may have missed something....what about the Polaris Sportsman x2?
[url="http://mybenefitsplus.com/KGraber"]http://mybenefitsplus.com/KGraber[/url]
[url="http://iboplus.com/KGraber"]http://iboplus.com/KGraber[/url]

Life is like a farm, you gotta get up early to do the chores

Thunderdually

Quote from: Islandbreeze07 on January 05, 2008, 02:15:59 AM
I may have missed something....what about the Polaris Sportsman x2?


When I started this thread I was complaining about the salesman selling me a one rider ATV to be ridden by Two people. At the time I wasn't aware that It had to be made for two from the factory.  after riding at croom and finding out I couldn't ride two on it I called the salesman who sold them to us. And when I asked him why he didn't sell me a 2 UP  when he knew I wanted to ride two on it He said well every one rides two on a single rider and as far as he knew  no one has been told they couldn't ride them at croom or Ocala national forest. Besides he said our credit wouldn't allow us to buy 2 sportsman 2X.

Just goes to show you all he cared about was making the buck any way he could.
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

predatorracer8

Quote from: Thunderdually on January 05, 2008, 12:38:09 AM
There has been some discussion in this thread on new regulations about riding ATV's in Fl. I went looking on the internet for new regulations for Fl. This is what I came up with. according to the Florida Senate these are the new Regulations.  for more information check out my other post.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=7bf95a8b1d974202cfd1e83517ae41aa&topic=30475.msg364025;topicseen#new


you would do good in the activist part of this site.

crom A zone

i like booobies at l cross better than strip club b/c the strip club cost more money and u cant touch i always get hands on fun at l cross and its cheaper just igve some cheap beads and a beer
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

logandzwon

#37
Quote from: Thunderdually on January 04, 2008, 10:44:48 PM

I know you were just kidding around. and that's the way I took it.  looks like the Can-Am 800cc 2 person Outlander runs around $14 000 and The Polaris 2 UP that I looked at today runs around $10 000 I don't know any thing about the Can-Am But if it's the same company that used to make the Bombardier Snowmobile they made a kick ass sled.


Your looking at the Canadian prices.  My Outty 800 Max XT was $9,999 + tax.  And yes it kick ass.

bignickwaite

yea i bought some tires from them before and they told me they didnt have them and it would be two months before they could get them . they wouldnt refund my money or anything . it was terrible . then the tires show up at my door step 3 days after he couldnt get them. there horrible and rude there. ridenow sucks ballz
[url="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg"]http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg[/url]

svtbolt04

Quote from: predatorracer8 on January 04, 2008, 06:19:25 PM
ridenow has 36 location a couple are in pinellas i know a guy who works there as a salesman and he even says they are a crock o sheet business, there mechanics dont need to have gone to school to be hired as a mechanic they just have to pass the company test. but good thing you picked a polaris or you would have had this problem but with another brand quad you would have broke down out in croom on top of things. 8)

You sure do talk bad about other companies when.. Oh wait a second.. Your bike is stuck in reverse? Ohh, Sorry my Yamaha doesnt do that.

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

predatorracer8

Quote from: svtbolt04 on January 06, 2008, 10:26:15 AM
Quote from: predatorracer8 on January 04, 2008, 06:19:25 PM
ridenow has 36 location a couple are in pinellas i know a guy who works there as a salesman and he even says they are a crock o sheet business, there mechanics dont need to have gone to school to be hired as a mechanic they just have to pass the company test. but good thing you picked a polaris or you would have had this problem but with another brand quad you would have broke down out in croom on top of things. 8)

You sure do talk bad about other companies when.. Oh wait a second.. Your bike is stuck in reverse? Ohh, Sorry my Yamaha doesnt do that.




hey theres nothing wrong with reverse ok it just makes my neck realy sore after riding lol  :M

greenmachine

Thunder, if you are looking at side by sides, check out the Husqvarna with the Kubota diesel engine. It wont outrin & rhino, but it will out haul & out last one. Let me know if you are interested in one. I can get you one loaded up for around $12,500, about a thousand less for a gas Kawasaki 23hp v-twin. I am in N. Tampa

mudnuri

I am sorry you were mislead. That stinks.
I would NEVER recommend a Polaris unless you liked to take them to the shop for repair all the time. They are the biggest pieces of crap I have ever dealt with. I don't care how much you love yours predaracer8. Yours seems to spend more time in the shop than out racing. No offense. Just relying on facts.

Right on the machines there are riveted warnings and the such. One says NO PASSENGERS. It might even say that in a few places.
Can-Am makes a 2 up that they say the back seat is more comfortable than the front.
If you want one for way less than you were quoted, send me a PM and I'll direct you to the right guy.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

jetski dawg

i agree..that sucks that you was misled.. the shops that look for a quick sale instead of repeat business dont stay around long...this site and also atvriders.com are excellent for advice and what to look for.... plus some of the riding areas are good to see the ones your interested in ,in-action....being mis-led takes alot of the joy out of owning your new atv.. but still get out there and have fun.. at least you know what not to buy now

predatorracer8

Quote from: mudnuri on January 20, 2008, 05:27:03 PM
I am sorry you were mislead. That stinks.
I would NEVER recommend a Polaris unless you liked to take them to the shop for repair all the time. They are the biggest pieces of crap I have ever dealt with. I don't care how much you love yours predaracer8. Yours seems to spend more time in the shop than out racing. No offense. Just relying on facts.

Right on the machines there are riveted warnings and the such. One says NO PASSENGERS. It might even say that in a few places.
Can-Am makes a 2 up that they say the back seat is more comfortable than the front.
If you want one for way less than you were quoted, send me a PM and I'll direct you to the right guy.



lmao no offense taken, when i started reading this i thought my name would come up. yes mine go's to the shop more then i would like, you can blame it on the brand. but when mine does work which does now(got it back after the whole tranny seemed to let loose) it runs strong. is there a better brand YES there is what band is that i dont know. i will say mine has went through some problems that happened back to back. and the last problem with the tranny was kinda my fault 50/50 ish. usauly mine go's without problem fo 6-8 months without needing repair which usauly i do myself but sometimes things are a bit more over my head and i cant repair it so i bring it to a shop. i still LOVE my polaris because it is a good bike. any bike that gets raced as hard will have problems mine is just special lol. :Hug.gif


jake

tony pitts

 my honda trx300 totes 2 people around just fine. just stay away from croom.
[url="http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png"]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

r6realtor

Quote from: Thunderdually on January 05, 2008, 12:38:09 AM
There has been some discussion in this thread on new regulations about riding ATV's in Fl. I went looking on the internet for new regulations for Fl. This is what I came up with. according to the Florida Senate these are the new Regulations.  for more information check out my other post.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=7bf95a8b1d974202cfd1e83517ae41aa&topic=30475.msg364025;topicseen#new


From what I have been hearing this will be a state law the no 2 people will be able to ride on an atv unless it is designed for it. If I were you I would call the sales person up and tell him that you spoke with your attorney and that he should have known better than to tell you that a one up atv could be legally ridden with 2, ecspecially since all of the warning stickers in bright orange and white state not to at anytime, If I were a saleperson there I would never say it was ok to ride double on a one up, I would not want the liabiltiy on my shoulders. Just try some scare tactics first but talk to the manager about it , let him know what his stupid sale reps are telling people and that he is liable for recommending double riding on a 1 up atv and if you were to get hurt you were only following what his sale staff recommended. Then go get a rhino.
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

Bigscrb15

Well, guess that is good news for us other ATV salesmen that actually care about the customer and educate them on the issue. I make sure the customer knows the rules and laws. When they want to buy a quad and the rear seat/storage I must tell them that the seat is "For use while the atv is turned off and you are using it for hunting/relaxing and not to carry passengers" Sorry to hear they took advantage of you.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Thunderdually

Thank you every one for reading and making comments on my post. For the members who offered to sell me a different and better Quad then what I bought because it's a piece of sh*t (your words not mine). Thanks for the offer but I will stay with what I bought.

I had entertained thoughts about suing but like I said It's partly my fault for believing what I was told and not checking into what I was buying.

I did talk to the salesman and told him I was very unhappy that he sold me a Quad that I couldn't legally ride two. He said that they have sold plenty of single rider Quads with seats and that I am the only one that ever complained about it. He also told me that if I was that unhappy they would take mine back in on trade for a 2up. My quad plus another 4500.00 dollars. Well for that much money I will just buy 2 more quads for my wife and daughter to ride. But I will never buy them or anything else from Screw them and Ridenow again.
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

r6realtor

you know sometimes what works better than an attorney and is free is a news reporter, imagine Ridenow on the new for selling unsafe atv info and quads not suitable for there specific intent. Just a thought and I wouldn't sue over it because you are right it is partially your fault, After buying about 11-12 brand new quads and rhinos I don't think I have ever met a sales person that knows more than I do about atv's, motorcycles, rhinos etc... When I lay down that much cash I want to know what I am buying, I truly think he ripped you off more just by selling you a polaris to begin with but that just my opinion ;D. Good Luck!
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700