Quadscramble Jan. 12th

Started by Chillinthemost, December 10, 2007, 12:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chillinthemost

Looks like our race date is still on but we'll be back out at the Myakka property on sugarbowl road. I've raced there a bunch of times but it is always a fun piece of property with a little of everything.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

TRX450R_Racer

Sounds good to me that is a lot closer to my house than Jacksonville.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

predatorracer8

dam this schedule is playing mind games, flip-flop flip-flop lol its good news though. my schedule keeps changing

Chillinthemost

It can be a little frustrating. Most have no idea how much it takes to make these races happen though. Land is hard to come by, it takes at least 500 acres to hold a race. Then you must try to convince the property owner why he would want to let 500 to 1000 strangers tear the hell out of his land. Then you sometimes have to fight with the county or city for a permit for the event. Only after you get those issues behind you do you get to cut 8 miles of trail by hand, line up food venders, ambulance, porta pots, and on and on. Then clean the whole mess up after everyone leaves.

  You really have to appreciate what goes into make these events work. It well worth the $45 entry fee.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

predatorracer8

Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 10, 2007, 12:49:46 AM
It can be a little frustrating. Most have no idea how much it takes to make these races happen though. Land is hard to come by, it takes at least 500 acres to hold a race. Then you must try to convince the property owner why he would want to let 500 to 1000 strangers tear the hell out of his land. Then you sometimes have to fight with the county or city for a permit for the event. Only after you get those issues behind you do you get to cut 8 miles of trail by hand, line up food venders, ambulance, porta pots, and on and on. Then clean the whole mess up after everyone leaves.

  You really have to appreciate what goes into make these events work. It well worth the $45 entry fee.


ya im not trying to be ignorant, i do appreciate it and understand that it is hard.

RAD 450r

Awesome! Myakka is probably my favorite track.....Any info on that dade city race?
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

duroc825

It's official!  ;D We have a race on the 12th! Myakka and the hosting clubs put on the best I've seen in my short "career".

backinsaddle

Can't wait...i've got the itch.

Chillinthemost

Quote from: backinsaddle on December 11, 2007, 05:12:32 PM
Can't wait...i've got the itch.

Told you it was fun, now you addicted like the rest of us.
 
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

backinsaddle

#9
Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 11, 2007, 07:09:45 PM
Quote from: backinsaddle on December 11, 2007, 05:12:32 PM
Can't wait...i've got the itch.


Told you it was fun, now you addicted like the rest of us.
 

yep, big time...

you have any time over the holidays to get together with the kids and get some seat time in?

gearhead400

woohoo!! good news. Cant wait!
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]


predatorracer8

im so excited i just cant hide it :-* lol

Pat

This will be my first race...and I just bought my quad used.  He's not sent me the title yet.  Will I be able to register with the FTR and race? I don't know exactly what all I need to register etc?
Thanks in advance,
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

predatorracer8

all you need to register is money.

TUFBEINGCHRIS

hey guys! i just picked up a Honda 450R.  What is this race your all talking about? Is it a MX type track or a hair scramble type event? And what do I have to do to register? And where is it?  Thanks so much for any help!

-con
04 Honda 450R
01 Yamaha Blaster(girlfriends)
99 Chevy Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4
05 Nissan Frontier 4 door 4x4
Female Rednose Pit

predatorracer8

#16
its a quadscramble which is like a harescramble but most of the time there are no mx parts in the track its 2 hours long you do as many laps as you can, you need to be a member of FTR which you can go to floridatrailriders.org and give them a call or you can become a member at the event it is in myakka city which is south of the skyway bridge. if you go bring cash  because its 50 dollars to become a member with FTR an about 50 to enter the race plus 10 for parking and a transmiter is 20 its kinda expensive the first time out but other times is not that bad . come out its really really really fun and be prepared to have a huge addiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


jake

Pat

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it...all I need is my kill switch to get here from Rocky Mt., get it put on, and find some red number plates.  If I have to, I'll make the plates!
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

Chillinthemost

No title needed.   
1. Money
2. reliable bike
3. kill switch
4. spark arrester
5. helmet and boots.
6. proper number plates
   
   thats all you need

  highly recommend
1. nerfs
2. swinger skid
3. chest protector
4. camel pack

  Get this first race behind you and then we'll talk about other mods. You can win the C class on a stock bike if you are good.
  Also if you need anything or have any problems at the race look me up. I carry a lot of tools.  I drive a grey F-350 with a 24ft. white enclosed trailer  12B  Matt.  See you there.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

TRX450R_Racer

If you can't get number plates, I have red plastic plates in my trailer that work just fine.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

backinsaddle

Quote from: Pat on January 03, 2008, 11:39:52 PM
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it...all I need is my kill switch to get here from Rocky Mt., get it put on, and find some red number plates.  If I have to, I'll make the plates!
Pat

my local cycle gear carries white number plates with red vinyl decal sheets for the background, you can try them if you have one nearby, or you can always use red plastic throw-away plates and cut to size.  i went to michaels arts and crafts and was able by sheets of white and black vinyl letters/numbers.  I may have whatever numbers you need, but I don't think I have red background

Chillin, you da man...I'll be parked next to Chillin at the race if he still loves me :-* :D

Chillinthemost

Of course I do, Mark. I havent been able to ride at all do to my procedure(vasectomy). Just getting fat and sitting on my azz over the holidays. I hope to try and ride this weekend and get ready for the race.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

backinsaddle

We may be in Pt Charlotte this weekend.  I am buying Tony Pitts XC bike tomorrow, so I'd like to get some ride time this weekend/see how it runs.  Let me know if you go somewhere.  Can't wait for this race, especially with the cooler weather... 

Hope the boys are healing...you sure are proud of that there procedure, I hope you don't try to show it to me.  My wife wants me to do the same thing, so DO NOT talk to her about it or I won't love you anymore

predatorracer8

  "Can't wait for this race, especially with the cooler weather... "


yes it will feel good and i think i heard something about a water crosssing in myakka so it will be a hypothermic suprise lol



Pat

Ah...the procedure...yep, had it done three months ago. Not bad...got to lay around for a couple days while the wife watched both kids!
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!