400ex gearing

Started by live2mud, December 05, 2007, 12:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

live2mud

Whats the best gearing for acceleration for a stock 400ex with 22" razor's on the rear?

TRX450R_Racer

If you have 22" rear tires going down 1 tooth in the front will bring you back to stock gearing.
Going up to 22" tires is like going up 1 tooth in the front. It has the same effect on the gearing.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Ida_Mann

I'd go down two teeth on the front,,,,,bunch of people go down one tooth on the front with stock tires, it gives it a bit more pep off the line.

I've got stock-sized tires and have stock gearing at the moment,,,,but I like to play with the gearing so I've got a 14 and a 16 tooth front sprocket ready to go on if I feel like something different.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

n-stig8r

I've always dropped 1 tooth for XC racing/trail riding and it worked out well for me.
2008 Kawasaki KFX450R
2005 Honda TRX450R
- GT Thunder Shock Mods & Linkage, HMF Exhaust, Precision, Flexx Bars, Quad Tech Hiper Wheels w/ Maxxis Razr-2's

Sponsors: Instigator Racing ATV Parts & Accessories, Fasst Co, Hiper, IMS, Oury, Kawasaki Team Green.

JackL

Going down with one tooth, two teeth...where is Anoriginal when you need him.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.