Best multi use gps question

Started by Mudneck, November 30, 2007, 12:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudneck

Looking for one that is big enought to see in Truck and must be weatherproof or submersable for a couple feet for a short time because I would like to use it on Harley & in the Rhino.Mainly for the rain & splash factor not looking to sink,but you never know Anyone have a good combo unit like that?
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

backinsaddle

garmins gpsmap 76CS, I think there is a newer model that takes a memory map chip as well.  It's actually a marine unit.  Mine never leaves my side.  it's taken some serious abuse attached to my yfz and i've had no problems...i wouldn't trade it for any other multipurpose unit

JackL

Depends on your eyes, but I just got a Garmin Rino 120 that is an FRS/GMRS gps-radio that can send your position to your buddy and also does all the usual stuff. The 8 meg memory kinda sucks for loading maps, but it is working out very well on my boat and quad and is water proof and floats.

I also use a Garmin legend Cx that has been underwater and mud many times without missing a beat, great battery life as well.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Moose

I've got the Garmin Map 76c, got it when they first came out and I love it. Use it on my atv, truck, and my boat.
I think you would love the new model with the removable memory chip. I got mine on line before West Marine got theirs, and for less.
Here's a link to their site.

http://gpsnow.com/gmmap76cx.htm

I just got back from North Carolina and I used it all over the mountains, color mapping is great.


LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen