6 hour endurance race

Started by quadtographer, November 26, 2007, 01:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quadtographer

Just-Add-Dirt  in cooperation with SAQR is in the planning phase of the next event at location X. Looks to be a 6 hour endurance race Saturday for Dirt Bikes and Sunday for Quads. This will be a team event (rules to be made up as we go along) each day will feature an "IRON MAN" race within a race (one rider one machine 6 hours). The next competition will be the "SUPERMAN" (one racer both days one Bike one quad) The "SUPER TEAM" will also be held (one team two days two races one bike one quad). 
The staff here at JAD will attempt to aquire MAXXIS as a major sponsor for the event, but if there is enough interest the race will go on without them. We need a show of hands,
WHO'S IN?????

chuck9b

COUNT ME IN, WE DID THE EIGHT HOUR RACE IN GEORGIA AND HAD A BLAST. ONE QUESTION IF YOU HAVE A TEAM OF SAY FOUR RIDERS IS IT ONE BIKE OR EACH MEMBER HAS HIS OWN BIKE. AWSOME CANT WAIT!!!

predatorracer8

is there a set date, is it going to be in florida?

quadtographer

Quote from: chuck9b on November 26, 2007, 01:57:18 AM
COUNT ME IN, WE DID THE EIGHT HOUR RACE IN GEORGIA AND HAD A BLAST. ONE QUESTION IF YOU HAVE A TEAM OF SAY FOUR RIDERS IS IT ONE BIKE OR EACH MEMBER HAS HIS OWN BIKE. AWSOME CANT WAIT!!!

rules regarding this have yet to be made will post as soon as decided

quadtographer

Quote from: predatorracer8 on November 26, 2007, 02:05:57 AM
is there a set date, is it going to be in florida?


yes, the same location as the FTR Wild Turkey Quad Scramble

TRX450R_Racer

#5
We would more than likely be there. The deciding factor would be the date.

Did you get the videos I sent? If you want any in particular one that you see on youtube, let me know, I can send it to you..
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

svtbolt04

Give me a date, and I will let you know if I can do the "SUPERMAN" event.


So far, I am in.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

slam1

I have at least four with me, were all in,rules and date permitting.
Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
[url="http://www.thesportslift.com"]http://www.thesportslift.com[/url]

predatorracer8

ya depending on the date i will hopefully be there.

YFZ450-Tampa

count me in, like the others, a date and rules will be a must. classes and other details
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Mike99KFX


mudnuri

You know I'm in. I know three others for sure that are also in.
BRING IT!!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

predatorracer8


backinsaddle

Quote from: svtbolt04 on November 26, 2007, 02:57:19 AM
Give me a date, and I will let you know if I can do the "SUPERMAN" event.


So far, I am in.


same here

Southern Outlaw

TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you

Exmx54

As soon as we get a date I'll let you know for sure.

quadtographer

Its official the race date is January 19 - 20.  More info and rules to follow.

predatorracer8

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet please dont change that date, im there this is gonna be cool!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Chillinthemost

Damn, its going to be the weekend after we all drive to Jacksonville? Not much time to prep. I was hoping for April, we have no Quadscrambles for April, it would have been perfect.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

TRX450R_Racer

I agree with Chillin, bad choice. I would love to go but I can't go 2 weekends in a row.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

predatorracer8

Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 05, 2007, 01:16:13 AM
Damn, its going to be the weekend after we all drive to Jacksonville? Not much time to prep. I was hoping for April, we have no Quadscrambles for April, it would have been perfect.

i got to find a way to jax or im going to go crazy :'( :'( :'(

Chillinthemost

Quote from: quadtographer on December 04, 2007, 10:03:17 PM
Its official the race date is January 19 - 20.  More info and rules to follow.
Is this race FTR sanctioned and scored?  Who or what group is responsible for making all the plans, dates, rules, etc.? I think the date will kill either the quadscramble or the 6hr race, they will both suffer attendance.
  When will we get details? If the race is going to be that soon shouldnt the details already be ironed out.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

mudnuri

Other than fuel costs, I can't see why either two would conflict with each other. This event has nothing to do with FTR. It's a Florida thing. I hope it works well and expect it will. Any of the other groups hosting their own events should be hailed as something good for Florida, too. I for one, support them all and hope they all have good attendance.
I can see fuel prices being the main factor in low turn-out. Some may have to pick their poison while others will drink it all in and love it.
This may be the time to start pooling together and splitting costs just to get to an event.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

chuck9b

I JUST SAW ON ANOTHER SITE THAT THE LAND OWNER HAS PLANTED OATS ON THE PROPERTY IN JAX. SO THE CLUB IS LOOKING FOR ANOTHER PIECE AND MAYBE A DATE PER DAN GEORGE. SO MAYBE THIS RACE ISN'T A FACTOR. CHUCK8A

predatorracer8

if the date doesnt change for QS jax i possibly will need a ride i will chip in for gas!!!!!!!!!!!