Electric Brake Controller

Started by WickedBanshee, November 10, 2007, 02:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WickedBanshee

What brand brake controller should i get ?  I have a 2001 f250 . I am pulling a 30' travel trailer. How do I install it?
Pentium D dual core 3.2 extreme
Asus P5ND2 sli mobo
CorsairTwin5400c4 2gb 667 memory
BFG 8600 gt oc PCI-e 512mb
Enermax noisetaker 600w power
Audigy2 zs sound 7.1

bbf

the truck should be wired from ford if it has a tow package the plug is under the dash below the radio and you need a 6 pin plug in the back . i have a few controler they all do the same job

yfz122

make sure you get a digital one. they are pretty simple to hook up
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

Moose

Do some looking around as prices will vary.
I got the PRODIGY from ebay for $125 and it came with the plug and wire for my truck.
Trailer places wanted $50 for the plug and wire alone.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

TRX450R_Racer

I got the plug and play harness for truck was $9.99 and the controller was $59.99.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

jayman

Go to camping world they usually have the controller and harness for around $130.00
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

01ZX12R

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

Bayou300

There should have been a plug and instructions in your glove box when it was new if that's long gone. You can get one aftermarket or thru ford it will plug rite into the factory harness under the dash wire the other end to which ever controller you purchase it should already be hooked up in the rear if it came with a factory seven pin Rv trailer connector. Make sure which ever controller you buy it's rated for the amount of brake axles on your trailer. You can look here for more info on a ford. 

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/

sparkplug01

I went to dicount auto and they ordered my plug for 6.98 and was there the next day.and it just plugs right in to the controller from the ford plug.took less than 2 min to hook up and go.

WickedBanshee

#9
Quote from: sparkplug01 on November 10, 2007, 02:18:37 PM
I went to dicount auto and they ordered my plug for 6.98 and was there the next day.and it just plugs right in to the controller from the ford plug.took less than 2 min to hook up and go.

Do you have a ford super duty ? Where exactly do i plug it in at ? Can someone show me a picture where it is ? Or a link to it ?   I bought the Reese Towpower Pilot model #74378 ....bought it from advanced auto.......What plug do i need ? I asked them at the parts store and they didn't know what it was !
Pentium D dual core 3.2 extreme
Asus P5ND2 sli mobo
CorsairTwin5400c4 2gb 667 memory
BFG 8600 gt oc PCI-e 512mb
Enermax noisetaker 600w power
Audigy2 zs sound 7.1

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

sparkplug01

#11
I dont have a pic of it but the wire I bought was made by hopkins and yes I have a f-350 deisel.if you pull your lower dash panel off under your steering wheel look to the right under the dash plate and you will see a gray plug with 4 wires and they will have lables on them.you just plug it right in.i have a spare plug that come with my truck if you need it but you would haft to use wire connector for it to work.you can have mine free if you want to come pick it up.

WickedBanshee

Where are you ? I 'm in Polk county ....If your not far I would like to come pick it up .....Thanks
Pentium D dual core 3.2 extreme
Asus P5ND2 sli mobo
CorsairTwin5400c4 2gb 667 memory
BFG 8600 gt oc PCI-e 512mb
Enermax noisetaker 600w power
Audigy2 zs sound 7.1

sparkplug01

#13
I live in groveland.just north or polk city .I have the factory wire that comes with all fords.give me a call if you decide to come and I'll give you some directions.352 267 6376 Jody


sparkplug01


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com