Main Menu

Gear?

Started by MotoMike, March 07, 2005, 12:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoMike

Tonight I am going to get some gear.  Here are the pieces I was thinking of getting, maybe Thor, Fox, AlpineStar, HJC and other name brands.

Helmet
Googles
Riding Pants
Boots
Gloves
Chest Protectors
Kidney belt (if needed)
and maybe a Jersey.

Anything I am forgetting?

Mike

Mrs.Nightbreed

#1
if you plan on jumping a lot - knee guards

Also a tether switch will be required at any type of track.

MotoMike

Thank you!

This may sound dumb but what is tether switch?  Is that a kill switch?

Mike

53yfz450

if you have ever ridden a jet ski thats bassically that wire that hooks up to your bars and your chest protecter so when you fall off it cuts your engine off.
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

atvtrailer

yea, its a kill switch with a cord that hooks to u so if u fall off the bike it shuts it off
05 450r #13B

MotoMike

Cool, I figured thats what she was talking about...will get one of those too.

Mike

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey about that kill switch, don't buy the first one they offer you at the store, I pay $78 for mine becuase I needed for the GNCC race, but that same Kill swith I could got it for $38 or $40 on line or in some other stores so "shop arround" before you pay more...
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

MotoMike

Alright got the following...

HJC helmet (black, gray and white)
Thor Jersey (black and gray)
Thor Pants (black and gray)
Thor Boots (black and gray)
Oakley Googles (carbon fiber)
Thor Gloves (black and gray)
Gunner Kill Switch ($36)
Thor Kidney Belt (black, gray and white)
Thor Chest Protector (clear and black)

Think that is it.

Mike

LE450-RACER#77

DANG BIG BALLER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

        SPEND THAT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ !!!!!!!
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

MotoMike

lol...btw, it is all new 2005 Thor stuff, looks pretty tight.

Mike

LE450-RACER#77

THATS ALRIGHT CAUSE I GOT BUD LIGHT.

THATS ALRIGHT THATS OK CAUSE I GOT FOX ON MY ????
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

MotoMike

Yeah, I was going to get Fox, but the boots didn't fit as good as the Thor boots and I didn't really like the colors of the Fox pants and jerseys at CSC, so I went with Thor.

Mike

atvaltz

i just got the new fox strafer gear the whit eblue and yellow stuff like rc wears and bubba stewert   it looks pretty kool got all the little holes in it  u should have got that did they have it there   not many place have it in yet cuz its brand new


i like shift gear alot also  only helmet i wear is m2r  there helets are pretty good  i do got a thor helmet the ones with the gobblins  on it looks ok i guess

sound slike your  setup mike ready to air it out
1 word   suzuki     nough said

MotoMike

I am totally ready to air it out!  I just need to get a pipe and have the bike rejetted...any ideas... [smiley=dunno.gif] [smiley=Tongue.gif]

Mike

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com