Dade City on Saturday???

Started by MotoMike, March 09, 2005, 10:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoMike

Anyone going to Dade City on Saturday to race quads?  I would like to meet a few of yall.

Mike

Hoosier Daddy

we will be over on the flattrack side..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

MotoMike

Cool, well if you don't mind, come over and say hi.  I would like to meet you.  I will be in a olive green Kia minivan with a black trailer and a yellow Suzuki Z400!

Mike

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

MotoMike

Do they allow alcohol out there?  I mean, I won't be drinking because I am driving and because I am racing but my wife and her best friend want to bring some beer.

Mike

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Quad32x

QuoteDo they allow alcohol out there?  I mean, I won't be drinking because I am driving and because I am racing but my wife and her best friend want to bring some beer.

Mike
Hell  ya  Mike !!! ;D  If  they  didnt  I  wouldnt  go !! [smiley=drink.gif] ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

MotoMike

Cool!  You going?  If so, come over and see me...I think we will have some extra brew...lol

Mike

Quad32x

I  will  be  up  in  G-ville  at  Gatorback  watching  the  ATV Nats  but  we  will  catch  up  with  ya  soon !! ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

MotoMike

Damn, didn't know that was going on!

Mike

Quad32x

Just  go  up  sunday.  Its  only  $15.  to  get  in  and  all  pro  motos  are  on  sunday !! ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

MotoMike

Dang, I was supposed to go to Sand to get a pipe put on along with having the bike jetted...

Mike

1fastltr450

well I wish I could come but I got to work and I am on call that night.
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

MotoMike

bah...who needs a job...lol

Mike

MotoMike

Is there different classes at Dade city.  This will be my first race.  Also, how long is practice?  Will someone ride next to me for a lap to get the feel of a decent speed?

Mike

atvaltz

hey bro i dont think anyone on here rides mx at dade city besides me i think 1 oe 2 guys do sometimes
1 word   suzuki     nough said

MotoMike

O, so will there be enough people there for a race?

Mike

1fastltr450

I have rode over there and there is plenty of bikes to race with the right pace to run that track is just a little faster then the guy behind you lol
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

MotoMike


MotoMike

Alright, definitely going!  So you all there!

Mike

MotoMike

See yall tonight!  I will be racing yellow Z400 with numbers 22 on it.

Mike

alex_trxer

good luck [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
getting them back

MotoMike

Thanx!  Just got back...placed last in the first heat but I was keeping up in the first three laps, but I got tired and slowed down.  Plus I was last off the gate, I would have been up front, but since it was my first race, I wanted to see how it played out.  I was holding 3 or so and pressed my brake, which was good because there was a small collision on the first turn...lol

Anyway, I had a great time!

I didn't know that you ran two heats...I ran the two practices and raced the first moto but I was too tired to race the second.  Looks like I am in worse shape than I thought.  My wife said I looked really good on the bike, so that made me feel good, plus I caught some nice air...lol  Plus I was the only stock bike out there, or at least it looked that way.  And the guy that placed first was WAYYYY ahead of the second place guy...so I would say the class C for beginners is for anyone.  Not just beginners race it, which sucks...but oh well.

Can't wait til the next race!  I have pictures that I will post later!  Off to bed!

Mike

1fastltr450

good job mike dont worry about being last we have all done it and you got to start some where. about the in shape stuff I felt the same way when I came off that track I was wore out
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

MotoMike

Yeah, I thought I would get last but I had a blast!  That track is non stop, it felt like I never got a break!  Next time I will try a little harder to get second to last or better.  I am not really worried about winning right now, I am just having fun racing.

Every since I was kid, I have wanted to race MX, back then it was to race motorcycles, not ATV's.  When I was 5 I began racing at Dade City (that was 1985), and after about two years or so, my parents pulled me out because it was interferring with school and chores.  So when I was about 13 the bug hit again, my mother would never allow me to get a dirtbike, so I waited, then I started dating my wife (back when I was 15) and she never wanted me to get hurt racing, so she wouldn't allow it...lol

Throughout our 10 yr relationship we have gotten married.  She still didn't want me to get a dirtbike but agreed to the ATV.  Not sure why she was so concerned about a dirtbike because she had no problem with me riding bulls for almost 4 yrs.  Anyway, she is VERY supportive now and was so excited to watch me race.  She was very proud that I have only had the bike for a week, rode it twice for about an hour and went out and gave it my all.

I will continue racing, because I love it.  I can't wait til my exhuast system gets here and my bike gets jetted and the new filter is on.  Next will be Elka's and new tires.

Mike

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com