FTR HS 4/9

Started by mudnuri, April 06, 2005, 06:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudnuri

Back to Gatorback! Who's going?
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

SLOW450R

EXCELLENT TRACK!!!.............practice was a little muddy but the afternoon race was great!

Finished 2nd in class to my little brother......and 12th overall.....not a bad day, but you hate to lose to family!!
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

mudnuri

That was the BEST!! I'm just glad they re-routed some of the mx course and the sun dried up most of the slop by 3:30.

2nd?! Thats great! I finished 7th. I tried as hard as I can and never let up. The 6 others in front of me just held it down harder!
Had the opp to race (be passed by) Farr #4. That pro can move!
The DDR race has been postponed until June. So I think the next race is May 7th.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

SLOW450R

yeah.....Farr was flying........after the race yesterday I got to sit down and watch nearly 2 hours of video and it was some great stuff.  It couldnt have worked out much better with the sun and motorcycles taking care of drying the track for us.
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

YFZ450-Tampa

It shure was a nice race, and race the MX track on the correct direction was really nice, those jumps where cool, I got 4th in my class, fortunetly the sun did its job, the practice was pretty much a "mud fest" I liked any way (it was hard to clean up the quad)
And yes, one month for the next race  :-/  
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

mudnuri

Johnny Jpeg should have some nice shots up soon. I would love to get a hold of some video, slow400ex.
Did you see the guy whose rear swing arm broke completely off? I saw a guy stop to see if he was okay and then he flipped over into the barbed wire fence. The brokedown rider had to untangle him.
4th is great tampa!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

SLOW450R

I am pretty sure it was Terry Arick that broke the swing arm......................I personally dont have the video, it was a friend of mine whose family took the video.  There was a crowd of about 30 of us there sitting around watching it yesterday after the race.  It was a good time.  I can see of they can post a portion of it online or are able to make some full copies.
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

Albright335

Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

YFZ450-Tampa

I will like to see that video dude, see if you can find out if they want ot post it, will like to see some of us riding out there, we are always at thje race so is impossible to see the others ... :) and thanks "Stolen" I need to practice a lot more so I can do better, specially o the mx tracks and ... yes some Elkas will help a lot  ;D
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

SLOW450R

Thanks Jen..........I was in great positon to watch my brother and Eddie have one heck of a battle.  It lasted about an entire lap where they traded the lead a few times.  It was fun to watch, too bad I couldnt catch the two of them.  Finishing 2nd was ok though.  It was a good day.

On another positive note if everything goes right I should be picking up a 450R this weekend!!.  I will have to get some parts on that thing and then get my act together.

Good Luck to you and the rest of the FL peeps this week at the GNCC...........
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

Albright335

Thanks!!  ;D I am ready for SC...can't wait to ride 8) We are hoping Phil's new quad gets in tomorrow so he can race in SC also...(He sold the Orange Honda)  ;)

Congrats on the new 450R!! I love my YFZ....so...that means we will be on the same line again...hmmm...interesting...LoL!!!  ;D

Jen
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

SLOW450R

thanks!!.......looks like I am going to get it on friday or saturday.  I heard that Phil sold the orange bike and the other 465.  I talked with Chris S and I guess he is going to be running phils engines in his quad.  

Congrats to Phil on the the YFZ, I am sure he will love it.  I cant wait to get this thing and get to work on it.  You wouldnt happen to have the W.E.R still would you?  anyways good luck again and I guess we will see ya at the next FTR race.  

Michael
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

Albright335

Yeah...he sold it  ;D It was time for something "different"...he is going to do everything to his that he has done to mine...I believe will start ordering parts when we get back from SC. I didn't know that Chris was going to run the motors but I haven't talked to him since NC!!! GO CHRIS...the motors are AWESOME...they have GREAT power but are smooth!! I loved Phil's Orange Quad...

No, the WER went with the Honda....sorry!!

Take Care!!

Say Hi to your family  :D

Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

SLOW450R

will do..............you missed a great time at Gatorback.  After the race we sat and watched about two hours of race film outside and just sat around shooting the $hit.  It was neat to see Tim Farr flying over some of the slower riders on the motocross section.  

I am pretty sure that was what Jay said was that Chris was going to run those motors next year.  

be safe in SC and bring it home for the FL people!!.....

Mike
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

mudnuri

Anyone remember what happens next?

AIRTIME!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

YFZ450-Tampa

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YEA !!! I wonder how does it feel landing that big "BD" , I botom my quad every time I jum that one  ;D, well I'm gtting my Elkas now, hopefully It will fill way batter.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

mudnuri

I bottom out, too! AND I just got the Elka quadruple rates. They should be here next Friday! I am going to be eating peanut butter & jelly for a little while.
I am so happy I might pee my pants! [smiley=BigSmile.gif]
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

YFZ450-Tampa

Good for you, you know, next race at Big Cypress, is going to have a nice mx track on it, you will test the down there, I hope I get mine set up them to.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

SLOW450R

the Big Cypress race has changed weekends, we now though the first week of June.....not much downtime to get bikes redone now, but more racing and riding
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

YFZ450-Tampa

 :oWhat do you mean "Slow" ?  I just went to the FTR site and they don't show any changes, it show May 7th !!!
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

mudnuri

Slo', I think you mean the DDR race has been moved to the first week of June. Big Cypress Seminole HS is still May 7th-8th.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

SLOW450R

yeah, sorry I got the wrong one..........I was thinking ahead to big cypress when I was talked about the DDR race.  I'll see everyone at Big Cypress, hopefully the new bike will be done!!
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey Slow, are you getting a new bike or you are fixing your's ???
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Albright335

I noticed your little icon Mike...did you get it?????
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

SLOW450R

#24
YFZ.........I just got a 450R, the old 400 still runs perfect, I used it to get 2nd in class and 12th overall at Gatorback.  So I guess you could say I am doing some of both, lots of parts are already ordered for the 450, but the EX is still running perfect.


yeah, went and picked it up on friday ;D ;D..........have only been on it about 30 minutes total.  I have finals for school keeping me real busy right now, however they havent kept me from shopping for parts.  I have already started amassing some parts, I just have to get this suspension sorted out.......I need to see what people are running and what I can afford.

How did you do in SC?.......I heard something about you getting tangled up with another rider ???, but it was third person and they werent sure on their story.  Another question...are you running a rekluse in that bike? I am thinking about it and didnt know if you were running one.

my brother is looking for a 400EX frame too, if you know anyone that has one.  He is going to have it gusseted and PC'd......but were having a hard time finding a frame, and dont want to buy a new one.

well time to get back to work :-/, I'll catch up with ya later!

Mike
03 400 EX.........best pit/practice bike ever
04 450R............a slow quad for an even slower rider!!
FTR #5 A-OPEN

Special Thanks to ATP Racing and my 05-06 Sponsors
www.allterrainperformance.com ...................407-880-3171
Powermadd Handguards

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com