da_mtg_man vs trx450r_racer

Started by Da_Mtg_Man, October 24, 2007, 11:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: digginfool on October 24, 2007, 11:24:12 AM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 24, 2007, 09:47:26 AM
Quote from: digginfool on October 24, 2007, 09:31:07 AM
Quote from: USA450R on October 24, 2007, 12:25:42 AM
The suspension on a 2007 Honda TRX450ER is fine unless you are a professional motorcross racer. My quad, with work done by Mike at ATP, will dust your 2002 craptor and I wouldnt even need to pull 3rd gear on a track.

Next

You clearly have never experienced what a high quality after-market suspension does for a quad.  Also, to compare a 2007 TRX450's performance on a track to any Raptor is immaterial; nobody has ever said the Raptor is king of the track.  The two quads are as different as they come; one was purpose-built for the track, the other for trails, desert and dunes.  Now, let's put equal engine mods to the Raptor and hit the areas where the Raptor excels.  There will be an equally humiliating outcome; never any substitute for displacement.

Unless you are just going fast in a straight line on a smooth surface good suspension will beat a built motor any day.


Believe me, Frank knows what he's talking about.  He's one of the fastest riders on this board. 



Whatever, I got a C-note that says I will walk the dog on Frank. Straight line, 100 yards. Frank on his 450R and me on my 450S.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

TRX450R_Racer

How did I get dragged into this?

I race on a course with turns and bumps and water and logs and stumps and palmettos and tree roots and trees and other people in the way, for longer than 20 seconds.

Not on a smooth straight line.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 24, 2007, 11:46:10 AM
How did I get dragged into this?

I race on a course with turns and bumps and water and logs and stumps and palmettos and tree roots and trees and other people in the way, for longer than 20 seconds.

Not on a smooth straight line.

I split this topic from the one in  "for sale" talking about suspensions. I'm just starting some trouble here, Thats all.

Oh contraire monfraire. I'm not talking about a smooth straight line.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 24, 2007, 11:48:53 AM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 24, 2007, 11:46:10 AM
How did I get dragged into this?

I race on a course with turns and bumps and water and logs and stumps and palmettos and tree roots and trees and other people in the way, for longer than 20 seconds.

Not on a smooth straight line.

I split this topic from the one in  "for sale" talking about suspensions. I'm just starting some trouble here, Thats all.

Oh contraire monfraire. I'm not talking about a smooth straight line.

When and where?
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Da_Mtg_Man

My camp, about 30 miles west of YeeHaw on 60. We have to hurry before it dries up though. ::)
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 24, 2007, 11:55:27 AM
My camp, about 30 miles west of YeeHaw on 60. We have to hurry before it dries up though. ::)

That ain't no fair!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Da_Mtg_Man

neither is a Foreman against a 450r on your track. ;)
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Young Gun

Will you old people stop :banghead.gif
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

qt314nfla

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 24, 2007, 11:48:53 AM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 24, 2007, 11:46:10 AM
How did I get dragged into this?

I race on a course with turns and bumps and water and logs and stumps and palmettos and tree roots and trees and other people in the way, for longer than 20 seconds.

Not on a smooth straight line.

I split this topic from the one in  "for sale" talking about suspensions. I'm just starting some trouble here, Thats all.

Oh contraire monfraire. I'm not talking about a smooth straight line.

Ok, but I've got to dock you a few points for misusing this phrase.  Proper spelling is mon frere, french meaning my brother.  Correct use in context.  Ok, just kidding on the point docking.  I had to jump in here and mess w/ someone.

digginfool

Why does there have to be trouble everywhere I go?   ;)
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Da_Mtg_Man

Guys, guys, guys, This is all in fun. There's no drama here at all.
I simply said that I have a hundred bucks that I could make it 100 yds on my Foreman before Frank could make it on his 450r.

Again, All in fun. Jump in and enjoy. Anybody else want to take the challenge?
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

qt314nfla

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 24, 2007, 12:33:17 PM
Guys, guys, guys, This is all in fun. There's no drama here at all.
I simply said that I have a hundred bucks that I could make it 100 yds on my Foreman before Frank could make it on his 450r.

Again, All in fun. Jump in and enjoy. Anybody else want to take the challenge?


Yeah you guys are so slow and dumb I could run the hundred yards before you figured out how to get your quads running and off the line. :o

Da_Mtg_Man

lol....You guys are gonna get your butts kicked by a chick....LMAO
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: digginfool on October 24, 2007, 12:25:55 PM
Why does there have to be trouble everywhere I go?   ;)

Trouble is your middle name. LOL!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 24, 2007, 12:33:17 PM
Guys, guys, guys, This is all in fun. There's no drama here at all.
I simply said that I have a hundred bucks that I could make it 100 yds on my Foreman before Frank could make it on his 450r.

Again, All in fun. Jump in and enjoy. Anybody else want to take the challenge?


Take a look at the videos I posted in the racing section. We had a mud bath. Definitely not my style of racing but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Da_Mtg_Man

dude, Thats some nasty stuff. Great vids though.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

dynodon



Yeah you guys are so slow and dumb I could run the hundred yards before you figured out how to get your quads running and off the line. :o
[/quote]

This I gotta see, Them suckers are gonna be " BOUNCING" all over the place !!!! :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Clap.gif

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

cutngrs

i am so glad i bought a new boat no drama just pure relaxsation
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

Da_Mtg_Man

#18
Quote from: dynodon on October 24, 2007, 02:10:38 PM


Yeah you guys are so slow and dumb I could run the hundred yards before you figured out how to get your quads running and off the line. :o

This I gotta see, Them suckers are gonna be " BOUNCING" all over the place !!!! :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Clap.gif


[/quote]


Thank god for Tata's  ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: digginfool on October 24, 2007, 12:25:55 PM
Why does there have to be trouble everywhere I go?   ;)

  Well lets see....it wouldnt have anything to do with your screen name???

digginfool

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on October 24, 2007, 09:32:22 PM
Quote from: digginfool on October 24, 2007, 12:25:55 PM
Why does there have to be trouble everywhere I go?   ;)

  Well lets see....it wouldnt have anything to do with your screen name???

Well, now we know why your screen name is Swamp_Donkey....  jackazz!   ;D
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: digginfool on October 25, 2007, 08:57:09 AM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on October 24, 2007, 09:32:22 PM
Quote from: digginfool on October 24, 2007, 12:25:55 PM
Why does there have to be trouble everywhere I go?   ;)

  Well lets see....it wouldnt have anything to do with your screen name???

Well, now we know why your screen name is Swamp_Donkey....  jackazz!   ;D

  Dont be a fool...Swamp-Donkey is Canadian for MOOSE ;)

digginfool

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on October 25, 2007, 09:20:41 AM
Quote from: digginfool on October 25, 2007, 08:57:09 AM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on October 24, 2007, 09:32:22 PM
Quote from: digginfool on October 24, 2007, 12:25:55 PM
Why does there have to be trouble everywhere I go?   ;)

  Well lets see....it wouldnt have anything to do with your screen name???

Well, now we know why your screen name is Swamp_Donkey....  jackazz!   ;D

  Dont be a fool...Swamp-Donkey is Canadian for MOOSE ;)

Ok, so what you're really saying is that you're a FROG!  I get it.   :D
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

SWAMP_DONKEY

#23
Quote from: digginfool on October 25, 2007, 10:40:50 AM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on October 25, 2007, 09:20:41 AM
Quote from: digginfool on October 25, 2007, 08:57:09 AM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on October 24, 2007, 09:32:22 PM
Quote from: digginfool on October 24, 2007, 12:25:55 PM
Why does there have to be trouble everywhere I go?   ;)

  Well lets see....it wouldnt have anything to do with your screen name???

Well, now we know why your screen name is Swamp_Donkey....  jackazz!   ;D

  Dont be a fool...Swamp-Donkey is Canadian for MOOSE ;)

Ok, so what you're really saying is that you're a FROG!  I get it.   :D

Yea Im a FROG unless you kiss my A$$, then I will turn into a Prince :-* :M

klutchbuster400

I'd like to see Mike's old raptor go against that 450r!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com