What size quad is your kid on???

Started by EigerGuy, October 21, 2007, 02:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EigerGuy

just wondering what kinds of quads you have your kids on
02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254[/url]

NYRAPTOR

got him a kazuma 50. hasn't broke yet and there's parts for it.

ridgerunner


GrlNextDoor

I have an 11 year old on a 250.  You have to look at the kid though.  She's only 11 but shes 5'5".  If I went by the recommendations, she dwarf the bike.

Da_Mtg_Man

My boys are almost 9 & 10 (Dec). They are pretty big for their age and they've been riding for 6 yrs. We have a Honda Recon 250 and a Foreman 450, They switch back and forth between those and are very good on those quads.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

randyz

My son will be 12 next month and rides an Eton Vector 250.   Hes a big kid and it fits him perfect.

Mudneck

11-13 year old girls,Rhino - 700 prairie 8)
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

EigerGuy

im not asking to get anybody introuble im curious because i want 2 get my neices a quad and if i go by requirements they can only ride 50cc, and they will outgrow them by christmas so im thinking of a utility style name brand quad
02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254[/url]

GrizzlyGator

12 yr old  2 wheel drive Honda 350 & 16 yr old 4 wheel drive Honda 350

cheropride

When we first bought our son one, he was 7.  Per recommendations he should of been on a 50.  My husband talked me into the 90, and I am so glad we did.  He is going to be 9 this November, and he has already outgrown the 90.  Actually taking it today to trade it in and buy a Polaris Ranger, yea, I know it is not much of a trade-in for a Ranger, just want to get rid of the dang thing.  We also have Kawi-360 & Honda 400. 

Go w/the 90, that's my suggestion, not the 50....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

gmiller0737

My 8yr old Son (small for his age) is on a Kawasaki KFX 50 and My 10 Yr old Daughter is on a Kawasaki KFX 80,  ext year he will move up to the KFX 80 and my Daughter will move up to something bigger likely something in the 250 range

Turboderf

#11
My son just turned 15 hes on 06 honda 450r but hes been riding for over 10 years he started out on a 50 4 wheeler then 70 trx 90 trx 125trx 250r trx he raced 2 wheelers pw50 kx 60 kx 65 yz 85 ttr 125 +++just teach safety+++

Prairie Master

8 year old daughter predator 50
14 year old daughter ozark 250
02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife

predatorracer8

im 16 and i have an 05 polaris predator 500.

EigerGuy

Quote from: cheropride on October 21, 2007, 04:27:28 PM
When we first bought our son one, he was 7.  Per recommendations he should of been on a 50.  My husband talked me into the 90, and I am so glad we did.  He is going to be 9 this November, and he has already outgrown the 90.  Actually taking it today to trade it in and buy a Polaris Ranger, yea, I know it is not much of a trade-in for a Ranger, just want to get rid of the dang thing.  We also have Kawi-360 & Honda 400. 

Go w/the 90, that's my suggestion, not the 50....

do u want 2 sell the 90 and how much, what brand atv
02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254[/url]

greenmachine

9yr old son rides DRX90.
Before you buy a new 'name brand". Check out the DRX's. Look up BigWorm3699 on this forum. They are priced nearly the same as a Polaris & are much wider & safer. Not to mention they look a lot cooler & they have rear brake light & headlights.

Ride1Rob

My son is 6 and rides a Typhoon125. He's been riding for 2yrs now. Started off on an Eton 50, moved to a Kazuma 90 for alil over a year, and now he's on the 125.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

My 16 yr. old daughter rides  400EX/ RACES DVX400
My 8 yr. old daughter rides & races a apex 90cc
My 3yr old son is leaning to ride his DRX 50cc

By far Look at the DRR line of atvs. They have 50cc/70cc/90cc/250cc/300cc like greenmachine states (Thank you btw) best/safest mini quad out.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

greenmachine

^that is my sons exactly.

No prob BigWorm3699. Just remember when I buy those DRR rims all the pub I throw your way... ;)

buzzardman

My boy is on two wheels.   XR 70  with the 88cc big bore kit and a pipe.  He's 9

lugnuts

my son started on a suzuki 50 at 3 he now is 7 and has been on a LT80 for 2 years
my daughter started on a honda trx90 but liked the LT80 better so she also has a LT80

steve

p.s both LT's are great bikes never any trouble and the trx90 was a great bike but she did not like changing gears
2004 raptor 660r 
2006 lt80 daughter's
2006 kfx80 son's
2006 ltz 400
My son Tyler #191 on his 2006 drr 70
2010 sponsor's Modded Motorsports,East cost performance,sky power sports,lost creek cycles,vp gas,V&M racing,NBS performance,falicon,the nales family tom lisa and tc
www.moddedmotorsports.com

Kelli415

I'm fourteen and on a 400ex. But hopefully soon I'm getting my yfz450.
I just depends' on how lonf they've been riding.
Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

Kelli415

SHUT UP!
STOP TALKING CRAP KENNY!
you suck.!

your jealous a girl kicks' your butt. thats' all.
but seriously. stop replying to everything i post!
Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

outtolunch

I got my nine year old on a 50cc yamaha when she was eight, she will be upgrading next year (if mom lets me since she just got accepted to nwf ballet school).  Then I can get my three year old son started on her old 50.  Not sure what size I will get my daughter
2006 Honda Ricon 680 (bout time)

backinsaddle

4 year old racing a 50 and 8 year old racing a 90.  For those considering putting their kids on a bigger bike, I can understand the reasons (big kid, good rider, etc.), however, I will tell you that my sons 90 will smoke my wifes 250ex everywhichway, acceleration, handling, etc.  I would rather ride that than the 250.  Look at what's out there before you make a decision that a 90 is underpowered for you kid.  With money and modifications, there are race teams that have their 90's running with the 450's

Ride1Rob

#25
Quote from: backinsaddle on October 24, 2007, 04:25:05 PM
4 year old racing a 50 and 8 year old racing a 90.  For those considering putting their kids on a bigger bike, I can understand the reasons (big kid, good rider, etc.), however, I will tell you that my sons 90 will smoke my wifes 250ex everywhichway, acceleration, handling, etc.  I would rather ride that than the 250.  Look at what's out there before you make a decision that a 90 is underpowered for you kid.  With money and modifications, there are race teams that have their 90's running with the 450's

Ummm, I think maybe you're misinformed. If a 90 is out accelerating your 250EX something is wrong with your 250EX. It may handle better, but there's no way it should run with it power wise. And when you show me a 90(Regardless of what race team on this planet) has a 90cc bike that'll run with my YFZ or even stay moderately close to it I'll sell my bike and get out of the game for good  :o  .
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

HolyLandMan

i just bought my 6 year old daughter a raptor 700.i thought shell get used to it and i wont have to buy her another bike in years to come.
06' Raptor 700r
GYTR pipe, air filter and billet stack
Rear HD's
Front GNCC
GYTR- a-arm and, chassis skids
PC3
White Maier Plastic
GYTR Blue drip Graphics
G-Force axle
GTT XC linkage

2002 Chevy Silveraldo(5.3L)
True dual Flowmaster super 44s, Chipped, K&N Cold air intake. More to come

Kelli415

Quote from: HolyLandMan on October 25, 2007, 12:05:46 AM
i just bought my 6 year old daughter a raptor 700.i thought shell get used to it and i wont have to buy her another bike in years to come.

TRAVIS!. your so stupid. you dont have a daughter yet!. haha. wow.
im letting tay tay know about this one :]

sorry people. my older brother is a real nut-case. :]
Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

backinsaddle

Quote from: Ride1Rob on October 24, 2007, 11:41:14 PM
Quote from: backinsaddle on October 24, 2007, 04:25:05 PM
4 year old racing a 50 and 8 year old racing a 90.  For those considering putting their kids on a bigger bike, I can understand the reasons (big kid, good rider, etc.), however, I will tell you that my sons 90 will smoke my wifes 250ex everywhichway, acceleration, handling, etc.  I would rather ride that than the 250.  Look at what's out there before you make a decision that a 90 is underpowered for you kid.  With money and modifications, there are race teams that have their 90's running with the 450's

Ummm, I think maybe you're misinformed. If a 90 is out accelerating your 250EX something is wrong with your 250EX. It may handle better, but there's no way it should run with it power wise. And when you show me a 90(Regardless of what race team on this planet) has a 90cc bike that'll run with my YFZ or even stay moderately close to it I'll sell my bike and get out of the game for good  :o  .

Rob, I read so many articles, I'm not sure if I can find one, but I'll look.  More than once I've read of race teams getting 60-65 mph out of a 90, pushing close to 20 hp.  Now it's not going to run with a 450 with a full size person on, but supposedly on the track these bikeswith kids are close to running with the 450's other than top end.  Remember we're talking about almost 1/2 the weight. 

As far as my 250, I'd have to line them up in a drag, but on the track I'd take the 90 anyday, so would my wife and that's her bike. 

greenmachine

He's a Typhoon guy... ;) Dont mind him.

Ride1Rob



Quote from: backinsaddle on October 24, 2007, 04:25:05 PM
Rob, I read so many articles, I'm not sure if I can find one, but I'll look.  More than once I've read of race teams getting 60-65 mph out of a 90, pushing close to 20 hp.  Now it's not going to run with a 450 with a full size person on, but supposedly on the track these bikeswith kids are close to running with the 450's other than top end.  Remember we're talking about almost 1/2 the weight. 

As far as my 250, I'd have to line them up in a drag, but on the track I'd take the 90 anyday, so would my wife and that's her bike. 

Yeah, they may be getting up to 60 mph or so but that's not going to run with a 450 of any kind with only 20hp. Stock 400's are around 26-27hp and they won't hold a candle to a 450. With no weight at all a 90 is not going to run with a 450 even if it had a 300 pound rider on it. It's also hard for me to believe that on the MX track a 90 (regardless of what mods) is going to run close with a 450. The bike is wayyy too underpowered to do so.

Quote from: greenmachine on October 25, 2007, 08:25:02 PM
He's a Typhoon guy... ;) Dont mind him.

Ohh that cut deep  :K  . (lol) Will someone take that knife out of my back  :-\  .
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

greenmachine

I thought you would see the humor rob. I have seen all of you guys on the exriders forum & the loyalty to a certain mini runs deep over there. However you can get some great info over there. So when are you gonna put the big bore kit in that little monster anyways? i may have to do my sons DRX sooner than i wanted to sice the stock garbage air filter apparently let some dirt through & the compression is lower than it should be. I guess I might as well go with the bigger head, carb , intake & do it right.

BTW, how was the kids ride at the motoplex? Sorry i couldnt make it with my new job & all I didnt have time then. I am up for one in the winter months though.

Oh yeah, sorry to hijack this thread, i think it ran its course though.

Ride1Rob

That's cool  ; )  . Myself, I don't get into what's better and such. I did what I thought was best for my pocket. Not only that, but of the DRR, Apex, and Typhoon he said he wanted the Typhoon. So I'm happy that I could get him what he really wanted. But if it had been another brand I really don't think it would have been an issue because kids mainly "JUST WANNA RIDE."

I didn't get to make it to the Motoplex either  :(  . My clutches were slipping so bad that I could smell them in my oil. The kit didn't get here until that Saturday. I ended up taking him to Mulberry and he rode the Kids MX track for about 2 1/2 hrs and loved it. He didn't want to leave. Was going to take him this weekend but he hasn't been on task like he should in school this week. No riding for him  :no . We probably need to get together sometime though and let the kids enjoy themselves. You know anyone else locally whose kids enjoy bikes as much as ours?
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

greenmachine

I hear ya on the school thing. I have never been to Mulberry. What does it cost for the kids to ride the mini track?
We may be going to croom this Sunday.

Ride1Rob

He takes donations of either 10 or 15 dollars.  Last time out I took my bike and my sons bike. Mainly used mine to put around with my son and I gve him 10 dollars. I wanted to give him more and he told me no. The kiddie track is fairly nice. When Lakeland and Bartow had their kid tracks they were nothing even close this Mulberry.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

greenmachine

Quote from: Ride1Rob on October 26, 2007, 12:35:43 PM
He takes donations of either 10 or 15 dollars.  Last time out I took my bike and my sons bike. Mainly used mine to put around with my son and I gve him 10 dollars. I wanted to give him more and he told me no. The kiddie track is fairly nice. When Lakeland and Bartow had their kid tracks they were nothing even close this Mulberry.
We need to check it out sometime. Sounds like fun & the price is right.

backinsaddle

greenmachine, I see you on exriders...good luck with the motor work

greenmachine

Thanks man. It runs good enough for trail riding for now. I will have to wait until afte Christmas to replace the top end. I am actually changing rollers & torque spring this weekend, which will help some, but I am sure the top is close to done.

I can advise anyone buying a new DRX to immediately get rid of the stock filter unless they changed it from the "red foam" one. It is the reason my motor sucked dust & the direct result is gonna cost me a minimum of $250 & that is me doing the rebuild. I found out about the filter too late >:(

bwfish

May i ask wher the Mulberry track is at?
2009 Rhino SE 700 14" ITP w/27"mudlites
2009 rzr
2007 transformer4
2009 Polaris Ranger 500
2003 kaw 250 Bayou
2009 Kaw 50

Ride1Rob

Mulberry is just south of Lakeland. State road 60 runs directly through it.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

350x_rider

my 12 year old changes it up between a 200x,250r and a kx 65.just like most kids of riders,he started at 4 and should not be on a 80/90cc quad.I just picked up a z400 for a good deal and this will be his main ride now.we do go to ocala,but ride private land mostly.

FoxHondaRider

when i was little i started on a 4x4 yamaha timberwolf 250 then in 2004-2005 I drove a TRX250ex and at the beginig of this year I moved to a TRX400ex.  Currently i'm 16.  It all depends on how big/small they are and rider experience on what to get.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

561Kodiak

My 8 year old fits perfect on the 125 Grizzley.  It doesn't have 4 wheel drive, but we put some  ITP mudlites on the rear and it does pretty good.  The size is nice.  My 14 year old can ride it too.  She's 5'2" and 140 lbs. She's a little big but it still hauls her ass around pretty well. 

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

#43
Quote from: Ride1Rob on October 24, 2007, 11:41:14 PM
Quote from: backinsaddle on October 24, 2007, 04:25:05 PM
4 year old racing a 50 and 8 year old racing a 90.  For those considering putting their kids on a bigger bike, I can understand the reasons (big kid, good rider, etc.), however, I will tell you that my sons 90 will smoke my wifes 250ex everywhichway, acceleration, handling, etc.  I would rather ride that than the 250.  Look at what's out there before you make a decision that a 90 is underpowered for you kid.  With money and modifications, there are race teams that have their 90's running with the 450's

Ummm, I think maybe you're misinformed. If a 90 is out accelerating your 250EX something is wrong with your 250EX. It may handle better, but there's no way it should run with it power wise. And when you show me a 90(Regardless of what race team on this planet) has a 90cc bike that'll run with my YFZ or even stay moderately close to it I'll sell my bike and get out of the game for good  :o  .

My daughters Apex 90cc stock eng. will hole shot and beat the mudmonkeys 400ex (stock) untill 4th gear and only then it pulls her slightly. Our apex on a gps runs  45-50 mph with a 73lbs rider on it. Dont under est. the power of the Apex or DRR. Here is a video of a 70cc eton in a drag race and one bike appears to be a z250.
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x223/pitviperacing/?action=view&current=cda6bfe1.pbr
Heres an eton 90cc runs a 4.98 in 300ft
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/Radar51/?action=view&current=90ccdragvid2-2.flv
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

backinsaddle

Phew, there you go saving my tail again...thanks bigworm

JayZ400

Here are a couple of pics of the under powered miniquads in action. Buy the way they will hang door to door with a 400ex with no problem.


For all you Mini Quad performance parts, and mods
[url="http://ecperformanceminiquad.com/"]http://ecperformanceminiquad.com/[/url]
Your Apex Dealer

bruteforce750

12 years old on a 750 brute force an raptor 700 an yfz 450
IF YOU HAVE ANY TRX 450 OR BRUTE FORCE 750 PART LMK ME IM LOOKING TO BUY AFTERMARKET PARTS THANKS