need pics of loaded trailer.

Started by racefan15, October 17, 2007, 02:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racefan15

Hey guys/gals...

Kinda stupid post, but I really need help. I just bought a brute 750 w/27s and a rancher 450es w/27s. Im being offered a fair deal on a 6x12 trailer, but I cant figure out how to laod them because together thay are too long. I was told to put the Honda sideways up front, then of course the brute could go on straight with plenty of room, but the Honda is about an inch longer that the trailer is wide.
I have 2 ideas to see if any of you have done either...I could run them both in straight and just put the honda up front on 2 car ramps so the front tires could sit up on top on the front rail, this should give me just enough room if i take the rear gate off (which i really dont want to do, but might have to...
The second idea, is to cut a 4' section of the rail off one of the front sides and side load the honda, while loading the brute the regular way. I just worry about taking that amount of structural stability out of the trailer, but then again I have looked at the 6x12 that have the rear gate and side gate, and it doesnt look like the trailer is any different and they didnt do any extra supports to cut that section out to put in the side gate.
So anyone, advice, or pics of your 2 big boys loaded on a 6x12???? Thanks a lot. my address is racefan15@hotmail.com if you do have pics.

Ida_Mann

I have a 400EX and a 6' 6" wide trailer that it does not fit sideways on,,,,,check out the website for Honda and find the dimensions,,,if you are only an inch off you can make that up with squeezing the tires a little without any harm.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

GrizzlyGator

#2
I can tell you that I have a 8 x 16' trilaer it measures  8' o/s to o/s or 82 1/2" i/s wheel well to i/s wheel well...my son has a honda 350 rancher with 26" gators we have to litterally have to lift it up over the side rails and set it down to get it in??? If your looking at a 6' wide trailer my bet is its not gonna work!!!!





i would like to get a trailer like this!



here is a pic of my trailer in the background unloaded....


atvrob

just let the air out of the tires on the quad you are putting sideways if your just a little to long,unless the frame is hitting

Gato

go with #2 I dont have pics but that is what I did cut it weld a door together out of scap iron pcs and bought a piece of steel mesh and made a door another way is cut it and just use ramps I did the door for carring anything else so it is not open
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

yunt2ride

You can try to load them end to end and if they fit but the tailgate won't close. Then just get two pieces of chain for each side and attach to the tailgate with a hook and close the tailgate at an angle. I don't have a picture but we did that on my cousins trailer and it worked fine..
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Fox17

#6
we get 3 ranchers on a 6.5x12 trailer. ill see if i can get a pic.

edit: i dont have a picture of the trailer with them on it. we have a side ramp on ours and we just slide them down.

eldiablo64

I have a 6x12 trailer I saw a guy at croom with one just like mine he cut out a section of the front rail a little wider than his quad an put in like a 6 inch extension in the front.it looked pretty good like that.
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

VForcedave

I have a side loader for ATV's I bought from Lowes. I was tired of lifting and pushing quads. I looked at a trailer that was cut and modified to be a side loader but the probelm is this: when you cut out the top rail. You weaken the trailer and if the modofication is not done correctly, the trailer becomes tweaked. That top rail is part of the stability of the trailer. I have seen several ways to do this but I have only seen one that reeally works well, the one I bought brand new from lowes. Time for a cold beverage. :drink.gif :drink.gif :drink.gif     
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

budman

I cut out the side rails and added a chain across the opening(thru the front bumper on the bike, and thru the hitch on the rear) to keep it inside. However, you also weaken the trailer by doing that. My buddy made little ramps, that fit inside his rails, about 1 foot long and just under rail height, and using his long ramps on the side rails, drives up in reverse over the rails onto the little ramps and on down to the deck. So when you finish loading, your rear wheels are against one side rail, and your front tires are resting on these little ramps at the other side rail. Then use your winch, or a good ratchet strap, and your bike is secure. Unloading you just drive it up and over.....sorry I don't have a pic, but I will see if he does.....
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

jrpro130





I ride up the one sideways with regular truck ramps.  It's the easiest and most convenient thing IMO.  It takes as much time as riding mine up regularly.  It's a 6x12 emerson.  Works perfect.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

racefan15

Thanks a lot guys..I will be geting the trailer Saturday morning and try all the ways mentioned before I have to cut anything. I really appreciate all the pics and advice.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com