Can Am 450 EFI Rotax Engine Aluminum Frame Quad

Started by UncleRico, October 16, 2007, 04:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleRico

Has anyone ridden or seen the new CAN AM 450?

I understand it's Electronic Fuel Injected on a computer with fuel mapping. Aluminum frame. Plus a Rotax engine.

http://www.can-amds450.com/Default.aspx?language=en-US  <-- From the Factory. It's suppose to be even better than the Honda engine right out of the box.

I'm anxious to see how these guys do in the Baja 1000 in November.


Any thoughts or input on this beast? http://www.can-amds450.com/Default.aspx?language=en-US

Can Am 800 EFI  Click Here   --> http://www.can-am.brp.com/en-US/
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Joedirt

I saw the Development video from Can Am. Looks interesting. :N
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Chillinthemost

It has some interesting innovations but it is the only machine made that MIGHT be uglier than a Polaris.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Chillinthemost

Quote from: JohnF on October 16, 2007, 10:20:19 PM
can-am pfffttt

i will find a way to own a KTM525 soon
Its simple, just go down to your friendly KTM dealer and give them 100  $100 dollar bills. While you are there check with the parts department and see if they provide free lube with your parts purchases and the patients to wait weeks for parts.   It is one SWEET bike though, I rubbed my back side all over one at the last quad scramble, it really felt nice.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

UncleRico

I'm just concerned about an all ALUMINUM frame. I mean, how long is that gonna last before I buckle it like a tin can.

I'm not the most "passive" of riders.

I'd hate for those A Arms to buckle at about 55 mph.

I think I'll hold off and save up for the KTM 450.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Ida_Mann

I think real-world time will tell on this thing, but I can say this,,,,,I'm not sure I would like a quad where when I get in a minor crash I might end up replacing the frame because it's tweaked a little and there's no way to bend it back or weld a brace to it without destroying the strength or weight of it.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

TRX450R_Racer

#6
I will keep my (so called) out dated, easy to work on and get parts for Honda for a long time.

I still wouldn't mind riding all of the above mentioned quads though.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com