Question about titles???

Started by fl750mudder, October 08, 2007, 08:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fl750mudder

I have a guy that would like to trade atvs with me. I really want what he has and he really wants what I have. Here is where I am concerned, mine is paid for and I have the tittle, his is not paid for so he does not have the title. If we give each other a bill of sale and I keep the title to mine until he pays his off and gives me his title, would I be ok? What would happen if he quit paying on his and the loan company came to repo the atv. Could they come get it from me? Please hel pme understand
2005 Brute Force- HL Lift Kit, 29.5" Outlaws, 1.5" Wide trac spacers, HL Temp Gauge, Ramsey 3000 Winch, HL Diamond plate bumper and bash plate,HL ICM, Bayou snorkel kit
[url="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos"]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

Yes they can and will come and take it from you if he doesn't pay for it. I would go with him to the finance company and watch him pay it in full. That way you CYA.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

UncleRico

I would not let anyone else be responsible for payments of a vehicle that I owned. That's just not smart business.

If anything I would draw up a contract where he pays you monthly, and then you make the payment to the lein holder. That way, you know for sure the monthly payments are being made, even if you keep it in his name.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

sparkplug01

Not a wise move.Dont trade without titles in hand.You'll regret it later.

Fox17

dont do it. tell him to pay it off then trade or dont do it. youll regret it.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com