anyone heard of Leaky Tiki?

Started by Ida_Mann, September 28, 2007, 09:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ida_Mann

so stupidly I guess, I filled out a card for a drawing of a Deere riding lawm mower in a mall a couple months ago.

I get a call today saying I qualified for four round-trip airfare tickets to any destination I choose and they were good for two years I just had to go pick them up and listen to a 90-minute presentation at some place called Leaky Tiki in Winter Garden.

I figure hey, I got nothing better to do on a Monday, I'll go next week, even if it is some kind of rip-off.

So they start asking questions and one of them is my income,,,,I told them I was not going to say,,,,this started a longer set of questions about "why not",,,,I said because I was not comfortable giving out the information.  They told me that if I did not make over $65K a year I was not qualified for this package and that it was only a yes or no question,,,,,I still said I was not going to answer it and the lady told me "sorry, you do not qualify for this package, thank you" and she hung up on me before I could get out another word.

So, just thought others would like to know before they waste their time with this place.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

TRX450R_Racer

Sounds like something you need to go to the doctor to fix.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on September 28, 2007, 09:59:31 AM
Sounds like something you need to go to the doctor to fix.

Yeah I agree.
Ida, Is there a burning sensation?
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

UncleRico

I thought Leaky Tiki was the character pictured in your avatar.


I would wear that hat to the presentation, so that they know you're serious about buying!
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

1FasterBlaster

  I happen to be an owner of a Liki Tike property. It's a timeshare resort. Basically, what their trying to do is get you to tour the property and try to haggle you into buying one.
  The resorts are great for families because their facilities are built to be child friendly, as opposed to the other resorts like Fantasy World ( I'm an owner there too) which is made to cater to adults.
   They do give out free trips, but you have to take the 90 minute tour. It is a really awesome way to travel though, it's just expensive. Our one property sold for $20,000., which is a 2 bedroom- 2 bath floating week.
   You can go anywhere they have resorts all over the world for 1 week in a 2 bedroom, or 2 weeks in a 1 bedroom. You can also buy a 1 bedroom for half the price.

Ida_Mann

Quote from: UncleRico on September 28, 2007, 10:37:20 AM
I thought Leaky Tiki was the character pictured in your avatar.


I would wear that hat to the presentation, so that they know you're serious about buying!

I wish I still had that hat, I'd wear it to interviews, sales meetings, new client meetings,,,,,anywhere.

I think I'm gonna go find one of those hats and hot glue it to my helmet.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

LTR450 994

you should have just said yes, then to do the 90 min crap then take the tickets and then say no thank you i dont want to buy. and you would have gotten a free getaway.

bigwake

man..i get one of those calls on my cell phone every week..idk where they got my number but hes always sayin "u kood qualify for a vegas get away"...its so dumb man..i hate those things

1FasterBlaster

  It's true, you would get the free trip. After the tour, simply say,"No thanks." And you have to be firm too because they try and try to get you to buy.

Ida_Mann

I just didn't want to tell them what I made,,,,that's offensive for a stranger to ask me that.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

fishfry

Leaky Tiki is what we call are the outhouse at RR
A bad day in the woods is better then a good day at work.

500 mule (for sale)
Bronco II

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com