Big Scrub Thanksgiving

Started by Toomey, November 08, 2004, 11:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toomey

I'm sure there's going to be lots of people there, so I was wondering who else was going there on that weekend?  Me and my blaster will be there, that's for sure!!  ;D
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Toomey

Jee I hope it's not empty there!  I thought there would be people going, or all of you going to other sections of ONF?
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Qdawg76

Might be able to make it to do some riding
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

acguy

i was thinking of going up there to but the hunters got me scared.ill probobly be at croom to
400 OUTLANDER 2 SEATER
250 explorer heRS
LT 250 SPORT KIDS

Toomey

When I went to Croom last, we got in with just the bill of sales and $50.  Doesn't seem like they're still doing that, now you need to register it fully.  Maybe Bad Luck Prarie isn't looking too bad.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Suzieq

Where exactly is "big scrub"? We will be in ONF for the w/e after thanksgiving. We have a place off of E NF Rd 75 off of 19. We ride around there t/o the day, head to the river, make our way back on the trails. The hunters are usually out more at dawn and dusk so we haven't had a problem in the past.
2004 kodiak 400 realtreecamo, custom snorkel,
26" itp 589's

Toomey

That's good news, about the dawn and dusk thing.  The only way that I can tell where big scrub is this, there's the entrance into ONF from the south side, it's a dirt road of course, and you take that road for like half an hour about, and then you reach the big scrub campsites.  That's were I'm going for thanksgiving 90% sure.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Toomey

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

dvx400#1

will ptobably be there going, to try to get a sticker for atvflorioda.com

dvx400#1

count me out, will be going to croom instead

Toomey

Quotecount me out, will be going to croom instead

Don't worry, it's not much of a group ride anyways.  ;D  It's just us and a bunch of crazy hunters.  :D  But is anyone else maybe planning on being there?
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

acguy

what days are you going and have you been there before.me and the wife want to go but a little worried abut hunters.
400 OUTLANDER 2 SEATER
250 explorer heRS
LT 250 SPORT KIDS

Toomey

I was there during spring break this year, I'm still in high school.  I was planning on being there Thursday, Friday, and maybe leaving on Saturday.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

backinsaddle

I've never been to ONF.  My folks live near Leesburg, which is on the south side.  We're going to ride at whichever entrance is closest to their home.  I thought someone once told me it was Big Scrub.

What do i need to bring to get in?  Bill of Sale?  Registration?

Qdawg76

you dont need anything to get in, Just a quad or whatever you wanna ride ;D
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

backinsaddle


eric

Last time I went I parked a few hundred feet from the campground by the powerlines and it was free. If you want to get into the camp area I think it is still $4

backinsaddle

My wife, son and I should be there.  We were supposed to camp from Wed-Sun, but the other party going with us bailed out.  So we'll stay with my folks, and hopefully spend part of each day riding.

Stop us and say hi if you see us.  We'll be in a gray dodge 2500 diesel

backinsaddle

Can anyone tell me if I can get around in a sport quad?  I'm hoping it's not a swamp and there are some dry areas.

Suzieq

You will be fine in the sport quad. The forest has a lot of different types of riding. Mud, trails... and lots of trees. Heres a pic of one of the fire trails back in August.
What is the name of the camp ground you are staying?
2004 kodiak 400 realtreecamo, custom snorkel,
26" itp 589's

backinsaddle

Thanks for the photo.  It looks like great riding.  I just found some more photos as atvflorida.com/ocala, as well as good directions.  We decided not to camp, as our friends won't be joining us.  But I'm sure we will in the future.
 
Should I be concerned about hunting season if we don't stray too far

Toomey

#21
Alright, so I'll be on the look out for a yfz450!  I'll be there probably Friday morning through maybe late Saturday, who knows.  See you there!
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Toomey

Well, I had a great time.  Got there Wednesday night, and it rained like no other that night.  On thursday and friday the weather was great, nice and cool with no clouds!  The camp site was so packed that they had to close it even, you had to park at the powerlines since the campsite was full.  
As for the hunters, they weren't a problem at all, you saw them, but it wasn't a big deal at all.
backinsaddle- there were only like 6 or 7 yfz's, and there were a million cars there, so I didn't bother looking for you.
Did your yfz have any mods and what color was it?  And what group of quads were you riding with?  I was the kid on the blue blaster and I had red riding gear on.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.