FRIDAY SEPT. 28TH CCCRRROOOOOOMMM

Started by NYRAPTOR, September 25, 2007, 08:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYRAPTOR

FRIDAY SEPT. 28TH

I'LL BE SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS AT THE FRONT PIT.  ;)

BE THERE (IF YOU CAN)
BUZZARDMAN  >:D
NYRAPTOR  >:D
2POKE  >:D
JUJULO700R????????????????????
ATVTRAILER????????????????????
>:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D


atvtrailer

as long as i get my bike fixed from the race this past weekend i should be there..
also, about what time u planning on meeting at the front pit?
05 450r #13B

buzzardman

You wanna see if both of our bikes will fit in one truck?   I'm there fo sho.  O0

NYRAPTOR


buzzardman

you wanna do like we planned last time and be over to my house at 0800?  Or do you wanna just meet up at the pit?


NYRAPTOR

sounds good. it should fit next to the rappy

jujulo700R

9:30 sounds good to me. Hopefully it rains tomorrow to keep the dust down.
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

NYRAPTOR

the last time i was there and got lost, i found a trail that looked like a fire road. it was pretty flat but very sandy. was able to get through 4 gears before i had to slow down. hopefully we find it again. cant wait to ride and meet somne new people.

NYRAPTOR

i have atvflorida bumper stickers to give out(part of the job).

atvtrailer

#9
Quote from: NYRAPTOR on September 26, 2007, 08:15:48 PM
the last time i was there and got lost, i found a trail that looked like a fire road. it was pretty flat but very sandy. was able to get through 4 gears before i had to slow down. hopefully we find it again. cant wait to ride and meet somne new people.

which one are you talking about? is it the one between the front pit and the campground? or one of the ones north of the campground? there are a lot of smooth trails out there, you just have to have an idea of where to go and get lucky if you don't want any whoops
(there are some places north of the campground you can hold 5th or if u have 6th gear for a while)
05 450r #13B

NYRAPTOR

it was in between the front pit and the campground. looked like a bulldozer went through.

KB

Quote from: NYRAPTOR on September 26, 2007, 08:15:48 PM
the last time i was there and got lost, i found a trail that looked like a fire road. it was pretty flat but very sandy. was able to get through 4 gears before i had to slow down. hopefully we find it again. cant wait to ride and meet somne new people.

I think theres another trail like that along one of the fences in the back, kind of a sandy trail.

Y'all have fun, NYRaptor, I got a "GARMIN e trex LEGEND" from wal-mart for about 100.00, about the size of a cell phone so it will fit in your pocket, comes programmed w/ all highways & roads but no trails, you can buy a program for them & download it, they sell programs for all national parks a places like ONF, the one I have above has a black & white screen, GARMIN came out w/ a new one that has a color screen (nice)

You can order perches for them off Ebay or rockymountainatv, or cabellas that mount on your handle bars so you don't have to keep pulling it out of your pocket & try to drive while looking at it the same time, only thingis if you flip it the perch might break, maybe don't tighten it up so it will give at the clamp.

I think theres a sticky on this board about a map for Croom.
Wish I could make it this weekend, i'll try to next time y'all go, tell Buzzardman I said happy 60th B'day.

LOL

NYRAPTOR

you should stop on your way up to motoplex KB. will be there around 9 am

gearhead400

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

atvtrailer

got my bike fixed, im gonna try to get out there around 830-9, I'll be the only black 450r out there with 13B number plates
05 450r #13B

buzzardman

I just wanted to send a grateful thanks to all that rode today at croom.  I wasn't aware of some of the kinks that needed to be worked out with my KX project bike and all of you were extreamly patient.  Everyone was very cool and there was some fantastic riding going on.  Now if you will excuse me, I'm gonna go pee out some blood.  ;D   

With that shock situation in mind I am finally going to leave full on negatative feed back on that business in the good bad ugly section. 

Once again, thanks and I for one had a super great time.

Clay

atvtrailer

The ride was a little slower than my usual pace but was still fun, overall it was a decent day to ride, im going back tomarrow afternoon and it should be nice after this rain
05 450r #13B

NYRAPTOR

i had fun riding the dirt bike back to the front. it was great to meet you julian. and liv2ride showed up with his crazy 250r. great riding with you again atvtrailer. i can't wait to go again. good time guys. john

NYRAPTOR

the trail we took back to the front was pretty smooth and fast. good time. i'm going to happy hour now for a couple a rum and cokes!! ;)

jujulo700R

Yeah, it was pretty nice to get out and meet all of you guys. We have to do it again for sure. I hope you get that spring situation taken care of Clay. That guy has jerked you around long enough.
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

NYRAPTOR


buzzardman

to all of you fellas that seen my Kx strugling,  I got the other good shock in,  the brakes were my bad.  When I fixed the before mentioned wheel spacer problem, I didn't get the brake pads back on the disc and calliper correctly so only half of one side was actually working.  Duh :K

The gear shifter turned out to be stripped and non-usable but I had a brand new one so that is done.
I tightened the chain, and gave the rest of the bike a once over.  Everything is back to ship shape except the kick starter which will be fixed this week by a good local shop (Insane Off Road). 

I did notice that the carb boot that holds the carb to the cyl. is weathered and has some pretty serious cracks in it.  So I'm gonna order a new one up.  I might get new reeds but I just don't know the function of them and it seems like it runs fine the way it is?  Any advice would be appreciated.

anyway,  just an FYI  on my plight to keep the old school in business. O0

Joedirt

#22
Sounds like a good time over at The croom's.... :P
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

NYRAPTOR

yes indeed. hopefully next ride will bring more of us out to the croom house ;)

Joedirt

I have never been to The croom's ;)...LOL...It has been so long since anyone has spelled it Plural I figured I would revive it.. 8)
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

quadracer1992

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

Fox17

next time yall go let me know. ill see if i can meet yall out there. ive got a buddy that would go too.

i do have one question though, i have a 1996 XR400 and it obviously dont have a title. how would i get the sticker and how much will it set me back? $50?

atvtrailer

Quote from: Fox17 on October 02, 2007, 12:43:59 AM
next time yall go let me know. ill see if i can meet yall out there. ive got a buddy that would go too.

i do have one question though, i have a 1996 XR400 and it obviously dont have a title. how would i get the sticker and how much will it set me back? $50?

give them the vin # off the bike and 50$ and you get your pass
05 450r #13B

mrbones

The price was prorated yesterday to $45.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Fox17

aight. cool. ill try to get out there and meet yall next time. it is only 1.5 to 2 hours drive depending on traffic so its not bad.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com