FTR Quad Scramble #2-Jacksonville

Started by mudnuri, September 25, 2007, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

predatorracer8

Quote from: dirtyrooster on September 29, 2007, 03:40:39 PM
O.K. guys, this will be my first race :o   and I'll be riding a bone stock quad. What do you guys think the most important upgrade would be for me to make? Keep in mind it's only a week away and I'm not rich. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated! By the way it's a Predator.

i have an 05 predato the first thing i did to it was nerf bars i think it was a good choice by the way wat class are you going to be in.

svtbolt04

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

mudnuri

Race fees vary from event to event. Gate fees also vary. Look on the flyer for info.
This one in Jax is $45

Yes, get a kill switch or no race. After that, do what you can do make your ride as smooth as possible for the long haul.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

dirtyrooster

Quote from: predatorracer8 on September 29, 2007, 05:42:33 PM
Quote from: dirtyrooster on September 29, 2007, 03:40:39 PM
O.K. guys, this will be my first race :o   and I'll be riding a bone stock quad. What do you guys think the most important upgrade would be for me to make? Keep in mind it's only a week away and I'm not rich. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated! By the way it's a Predator.

i have an 05 predato the first thing i did to it was nerf bars i think it was a good choice by the way wat class are you going to be in.
I've been advised to probably run with 30+C class
'06 Predator 500

dirtyrooster

Quote from: svtbolt04 on September 29, 2007, 07:44:17 PM
Your first should be a kill switch.


Got that covered. should be here tuesday along with # plates.
'06 Predator 500

mudnuri

Thought you might like to see what the hosting club has to say about this event.
See you all this weekend!

http://www.floridatrailriders.org/ftr_forums/showthread.php?t=1635

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

TRX450R_Racer

7.7 miles for the Big Quads. 6 miles for the youths. Pee-wee track open ALL AFTERNOON. Gates open @ 4pm Fri.(if your really ANTSY/EARLY, some one will be there) Gates close 12pm Sunday (ALL racers must on their way home) Gate fee of 15$ good for ALL camping (plenty of room for RIGS and seperate "no generator-look for signs) Visitor gate fee 5$.Food vendor is set!
THIS IS A WORKING RANCH-PLEASE RESPECT the no spectator signs, foot traffic only signs, and DO NOT wander around. We have planned some FANTASTIC spectator areas! Pack out what you pack in.
MAIN GATE to WW Ranch is 2.3 miles north of US-90 @1445 Otis Rd.There is a right hand sweeping turn just before the gate (look for wood WW sign) Once in ,take FIRST gate on RIGHT and FOLLOW the graded dirt road to club gate/collection. STAY between the arrows marking both sides of the graded dirt road, until you get to PROPER (marked) turn-off to camping area.( Your on your own, if you short-cut!)
We are" guarantee-ing" 100% VIRGIN TRAIL! (It's BARELY BURNED-IN!)Need we say more?
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.


mudnuri

Ahh... reality check.
You can't beat Mother Nature. It is, has been, and looks like it will continue to pour through the night.
Of there is a silver lining to it all... there is the non-points hare scramble in Chipley the next weekend. This is an awesome course. Lot's of elevation changes and and they are doing some kind of challenge section. Logs or some crazy enduro thing? http://www.floridatrailriders.org/flyer/08_season/TTR_101407_web.pdf
Don't stop git-it git-it!  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

dirtyrooster

#35
 :'(  Man what a bummer. In Mandarin, which is on the S W corner of Jacksonville there has been over 24'' of rain in the last 16 days, 12'' of which came in the last 2 days. Wonder if the WW Ranch cows are still there, much less the trails.
'06 Predator 500

lawn_man mx

 :o :'( arghh  damm  rain !!!   oh well    l-cross  here we come ....
05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58

svtbolt04

Does L-cross have the trails open on the weekend?
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

mudnuri

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

YFZ450-Tampa

Oh men, this is sad, after all that hard work the club did, I know the race will be re-schedule so all that work wont be lost.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

jimmy660

Your right it is a bummer . However I had a few things I wanted to do but did not have the time. Now I will mention it to the trail boss and if I get the ok I will be adding a little sumin sumin for those that  want it!!!   We appreciate everyones support and we will make it up on our new date.
 

Chillinthemost

Shizit, I just came in from loading everything up to leave after work tomorrow.  Thought this was a "rain proof" course.  I know that no one is more disappointed than the hosting club though and that it would not have been canceled unless absolutely necessary.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

duroc825

One way to look at it might be that when it does happen it probably won't be in the high 80's right?

backinsaddle

I know I'll be MUCH happier when the weather cools.   Bring on the snow, that's what I always say ;)

FTRRACER8

I just wanted to let everyone know that I just finished with an Executive Committee Teleconference, and RCDR's Quad Scramble has been rescheduled for  October 27th.  I sent Dan an email, and I'm sure he will update the schedule and flyer soon.

I wanted to get this out to everyone as soon as possible, so that you are all able to prepare.
We realize that this schedule change will cause 3 back to back weekends of races, however, we felt that it was in the best interest of the club, and the riders to reschedule as quickly as possible.  As you know, RCDR is ready to "Rock and Roll" with their event, and we don't want to have to put them on hold for too long.
I hope that everyone will understand and do their very best to make it to all of these events. 
Thank you River City, for being so eager to host this race.  We all appreciate it!!

Amanda.

The "new QS 2"        SWFTR - Oct. 20th
The "new QS 3"        RCDR   -  Oct. 27th
              QS 4        SADRA -  Nov. 3rd
              QS 5        SQRA   -  Nov. 17th
              QS 6        BSTR    -  Dec. 1st
              QS 7        SADRA  -  Feb. 9th
              QS 8        CFQR    - Mar. 29th
              QS 9        SEFTR  -  May 3rd

YFZ450-Tampa

Thank's Amanda, for the quick response.
Luis C.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

mudnuri

Alright Amanda!
This is going to be awesome all these races in a row!!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Southern Outlaw

4 in a row if you count the Hare Scramble in Chipley....Hey Rooster, read where you are going to go racing with us...if you are intrested in going to Chipley, we have room in our 24' hauler for another quad...PM me or stop by Cycle Gear Tues-Wed-Thurs. ask for Wayne...I'm there 10/6. Would love to have ya come race..

Also read about what you might need to race and you talked to a great racer that will not steer you wrong Ole MUD-N-UR-I himself...This is our 1st year and we have met some awefully good people!!!

We just bought the necessary stuff to race...FTR membership...AMA or ATVA membership...kill switch...number plates and already had Nerf bars and riding gear. just wanted to make sure it was something we wanted to do before we started spending alot of money on extras...

We race stock quads and will add extras as we can afford to do so...whole family races so 1 quad at a time...anyway PM me or come by and less go racing
TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you

dirtyrooster

Quote from: Southern Outlaw on October 07, 2007, 12:44:21 PM
4 in a row if you count the Hare Scramble in Chipley....Hey Rooster, read where you are going to go racing with us...if you are intrested in going to Chipley, we have room in our 24' hauler for another quad...PM me or stop by Cycle Gear Tues-Wed-Thurs. ask for Wayne...I'm there 10/6. Would love to have ya come race..

Also read about what you might need to race and you talked to a great racer that will not steer you wrong Ole MUD-N-UR-I himself...This is our 1st year and we have met some awefully good people!!!

We just bought the necessary stuff to race...FTR membership...AMA or ATVA membership...kill switch...number plates and already had Nerf bars and riding gear. just wanted to make sure it was something we wanted to do before we started spending alot of money on extras...

We race stock quads and will add extras as we can afford to do so...whole family races so 1 quad at a time...anyway PM me or come by and less go racing

Sounds good to me! My fiance is trying to decide whether or not she wants to go. She wants to go but shes trying to figure out what to do with the dog for the night/weekend. If we can nail down our plans and she comes we might just caravan behind you guys. If she doesn't go I may be in need of company. Thanks a lot for the offer!! I'm ready to get one under my belt!
'06 Predator 500

Southern Outlaw

TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you