Rincon/KingQuad 700

Started by racefan15, September 19, 2007, 04:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racefan15

Ok, so I know some of you are very brand loyal and I have been in the past too, but i have had great luck with Hondas, and my past suzukis. I am about ready to make a purchase and I think Ive narrowed it down to the 700 kin quad, or the Rincon 650 or new 680.
Im hoping that some of you can be unbiased and give me honest pro's/cons and not just say "Suzuki sucks" or "Honda Sucks" cuz you dont own them.
Any other quads in that class would also be a welcomed discussion as well, but I have had horrible luck with Polaris in the past and not fond of the looks of the Big Yamaha... Thanks for all your opinions and suggestions in advance.

Joedirt

I have ridden both..I love My King Quad....but that Honda is a great ride as well. I Will say you can not go wrong with either. BUT... if I had to Choose I would go Suzuki as it just looks tougher than the Rincon.
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

94Hardbody4x4

If your looking for power, avoid the 680. We own one and it fast, but nowhere near any of the other production 700's. The motor makes plenty of power but the 3 speed transmission they put in it kills it. However, it is probably one of the smoothest rides out there. It's like a Caddilac.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

MuddFreak77

I have had both, the honda was a GREAT trail quad, just don't let it touch the mud.  The trany cooler and radiator design sucks and you have to take the whole front clip off to get them apart and clean them.  The quad was always over heating cause the torque converter never "locks" up like a cars auto tranny, and is always slipping causing the oil to over heat.  Its also a bit low on power, hard time lifting the front end off the ground.

The King Quad is just all around AWESOME, plenty of power, no tranny cooler cause its a belt drive.  very simple to work on once you get the plastics off.  Just add a belt snorkel and your good to go.  I wish I bought this instead of my old rincon.
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

Joedirt

#4
I mean come on Look at this thing..... ;D


2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Joedirt on September 19, 2007, 05:30:45 PM
I mean come on Look at this thing..... ;D




your right Joe, that is a pretty sweet Miter Saw!
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

racefan15

Great advice so far. Ive had the Honda 450 ES (when that was the big dog on the market yrs ago, lol) and loved the quality, but not the seed, I then recently switched to the vinson 500 and absolutely loved it,,,power/speed very good for utility quad.
But now that they are even making bigger than 500's, I thought Id ask...So thanks for the comments so far all.
I bought land today in the 10,000 acre area in Hollowpaw (Suburban Estates) and although there is a lot of dry riding on trails, my intention is to get off road as much as possible and play in the mud and swamps.....Does that change anyones opinion?  Thanks

94Hardbody4x4

Nope, I think we all agree that the Rincon is made for nothing but riing trails.

Whatever you get, make sure it has 4WD Low or a very low first gear. Most bigger utilities have 4L though. If not, then the mud is going to tear your bike up.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

Joedirt

I will rock my Bayou over either. ;D
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

94Hardbody4x4

I've got an old Razor scooter with front coilovers and some aggressive polyurethane wheels. I will challange you're Bayou.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

outtolunch

Quote from: JohnF on September 19, 2007, 05:54:14 PM
acctually i retract my previous statment, and introduce a new one...

i think i could roller blade backwards through mud faster than a rincon

I've got the 680 rincon, it's a good machine.  Granted most of my riding is on trails, since it's still stock.  I only have around fifty hours so can't really give you any good nor bad.  I do have to say it is a pretty fast machine, but then again I never saw you on roller blades so I can't say if I'd win or not. 
2006 Honda Ricon 680 (bout time)

4MANFREAK

#11
 My buddy has a "07" Camo 680 Rincon with 27'' 589's, pipe and a performance chip. Not only does it look awesome but it has tons of power and handles like a dream on trails & mud. I'm nothing but impressed with it and have only good thing to say about it. The King Quad 700 looks good and everyone who has one loves it, but I don't like BELTS... Either way you can't go wrong with Honda or Suzuki. Good Luck...
2006 FOREMAN 500 4x4
2004 Rancher 350 4x4
2002 400 EX
1997 FOREMAN 400 4x4

NPRVinson

I have a Vinson myself but bought my wife a KQ for the IRS ;) It's been a great quad and I ride it every chance I get, it's pretty impressive right out of the box.

backwoods boy

i ride at holopaw also with freinds and i would say dont get the rincon your gonna git in some mud eventually id say go with a brute force [kawasaki] i love mine and it can still hual butt for a ute prolly even beat some sports 
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

MadMudder

Probably the best decison would for you to get the king quad. I mean if you plan on mud riding then your going to mod it but the suzuki has low range and the belt trans might be a slight drawback but my dads polaris with a belt trans has been floating before and its rare to have it slip. So as technology moves on that problem has become allot less proiment then with earlier cvt's. Anyway the kingquad has more power also, the efi is a big plus and its got a true locking front end instead off a "limited slip" setup. One of the magazines had an ad that said "Mabye you can explain to your buddy the advantages of a "limited slip" differental while hes pulling you out of a ditch" I think it was a polaris ad. So if you looking into serious mudding then you might want to look at a bruteforce 750 or canam or something but for balanced mudding/trails which seems like what your going to be doing then the kingquad is the best choice in my oppinon.  8)
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..