For the Fisherman

Started by MuddFreak77, September 18, 2007, 12:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuddFreak77

DANIA BEACH, Fla. -- Two South Florida men were arrested by U.S. Fish and Wildlife agents for allegedly baiting and hooking an endangered manatee. The men posted their actions on www.myspace.com, according to investigators.

On Saturday, federal agents took 19-year-old Karl Kuhn and 20-year-old Charles Podesta Jr. into custody, Local 10's Kellie Butler reported.

They were arrested at their place of work, Bass Pro Shops on Interstate 95 in Dania Beach.

"We received information from the public that the individuals tried to take an endangered species," said Eddie McKissick, special agent in charge with U.S. Fish and Wildlife.

The two men appeared before a federal magistrate Monday. They are both charged with knowingly and unlawfully wounding an endangered species.

Kuhn's parents and Podesta's parents each posted bond and the two were released from custody.

"I think they were doing it as a prank, to put it on myspace.. I don't think they intended to harm the manatee," said David Joffe, Podesta's attorney.

Wildlife officials said if the manatee survived, it probably still has a hook in its mouth and may be wrapped up in fishing line.

A spokesman for Bass Pro Shops told Local 10," obviously we do not condone that kind of behavior." He would not say if the men had been fired but Podesta's attorney did tell Local 10 the men have lost their jobs.

If convicted, the men face up to one year in prison and up to a $50,000 fine
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.


greenmachine


Hondabeefast

WOW...what a bunch of J@ckA$$'s
02' Honda CR125
05' Honda 450R

qt314nfla

mmmmmmmmmmm manatee.  the other white meat.  really y'all should try it some time.  you can have bbq manatee, grilled manatee, sauteed manatee, manatee salad, cajun and jerk manatee, manatee kabobs, au gratin manatee, manatee casserole.

Joedirt

Everyone is SOO Much cooler Online.. ::).....little fruit cakes...could use a dented forehead if you ask me...
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

VForcedave

Tastes like chicken. :ThumbsUp.gif
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

MuddFreak77

Remember the only edible meat is in from the cheeks, you have to throw the rest away.   :o
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

Kodi

Ya gotta stuff it with Spotted Owl and marinate it in Scrub Jay juice before it hits the grill!
Kodiak 400 IRS 2005 Utility

KB

#10
Quote from: Kodi on September 18, 2007, 02:55:09 PM
Ya gotta stuff it with Spotted Owl and marinate it in Scrub Jay juice before it hits the grill!

I usually cook them on the RONCO outside 'cause they stink the house up pretty bad.

Quote from: Joedirt on September 18, 2007, 01:20:16 PM
Everyone is SOO Much cooler Online.. ::).....little fruit cakes...could use a dented forehead if you ask me...

C'mon Joe, you know were just kiddin & tryin not to be so serious,
BTW, how's that hog trough comin along, I would say just turn it into a BBQ but might be kinda small for a manatee

quadracer1992

Thats because they dont know how to fish, so they target the slowest thing in the sea. Idiots!!! ???
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

shirah86

i aint even gonna lie ive thought about some sea cow hamburger before

Joedirt

Quote from: KB on September 18, 2007, 03:35:43 PM
Quote from: Kodi on September 18, 2007, 02:55:09 PM
Ya gotta stuff it with Spotted Owl and marinate it in Scrub Jay juice before it hits the grill!

I usually cook them on the RONCO outside 'cause they stink the house up pretty bad.

Quote from: Joedirt on September 18, 2007, 01:20:16 PM
Everyone is SOO Much cooler Online.. ::).....little fruit cakes...could use a dented forehead if you ask me...

C'mon Joe, you know were just kiddin & tryin not to be so serious,
BTW, how's that hog trough comin along, I would say just turn it into a BBQ but might be kinda small for a manatee



whaaaa??  ???... I hate the Video Generation....
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

KB

#14
I don't care for video games much either, I did have an ATARI, I remember when people would be waitin in line almost wanting to fight over the Pac-Man game at Zayres

I hated when people use to get mad & cheat & hit the re-set button.

Joedirt

If you were not Playing Donkey Kong On Coleco Vision you were NOT PLAYING.....Sweet AZZ Graphics there Playboy!!!
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

UncleRico

Hmmm...I wonder if they were using spoons?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

KB

Quote from: Joedirt on September 18, 2007, 04:20:19 PM
If you were not Playing Donkey Kong On Coleco Vision you were NOT PLAYING.....Sweet AZZ Graphics there Playboy!!!

OH YES I WAS PLAYIN,
I had Donkey Kong on my Commodore Vic 20 ;D

beat that one.

Joedirt

Quote from: KB on September 18, 2007, 04:33:35 PM
Quote from: Joedirt on September 18, 2007, 04:20:19 PM
If you were not Playing Donkey Kong On Coleco Vision you were NOT PLAYING.....Sweet AZZ Graphics there Playboy!!!

OH YES I WAS PLAYIN,
I had Donkey Kong on my Commodore Vic 20 ;D

beat that one.


Oh Snap you musta been rich...DANG
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

94Hardbody4x4

Thats sad. It'd be better if they were extinct.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

KB

#20
Quote from: Joedirt on September 18, 2007, 04:39:25 PM
Quote from: KB on September 18, 2007, 04:33:35 PM
Quote from: Joedirt on September 18, 2007, 04:20:19 PM
If you were not Playing Donkey Kong On Coleco Vision you were NOT PLAYING.....Sweet AZZ Graphics there Playboy!!!

OH YES I WAS PLAYIN,
I had Donkey Kong on my Commodore Vic 20 ;D

beat that one.


LMFAO, your funny man, actually I never had a Vic20 , my Uncle did, I lied.

But I did have it "goin on like donkey kong"

on my ATARI, next time i see you we can play rock,paper, scissors, or thumb wrestle or somethin if you care to challenge me.       J/K


Oh Snap you musta been rich...DANG


see Joe, i can't even quote people right, that proves I wasn't rich & didn't have a Comodore VIC 20.

KB

Sometimes, when i seen a manatee I would just get the urge to jump in the water & try to... well nevermind.

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

aaahhhh this story reminds me of the time i went to Alaska and we harpooned whales and clubbed those little baby white seals!
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

UncleRico

The good thing about being a human being these days is we can hunt animals till extinction, then just clone them in some underground lab and repopulate the herd!

"YAY SCIENCE!"
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

quadracer1992

Quote from: UncleRico on September 18, 2007, 06:21:04 PM
The good thing about being a human being these days is we can hunt animals till extinction, then just clone them in some underground lab and repopulate the herd!

"YAY SCIENCE!"
Yes but they might have extra legs and three eyes, all the better to walk and see with is what I would say.
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

backwoods boy

i could care less if manatees where exctinct im tired of no wake zones anyways >:(
but seriosly try using em as ramps git some major air  ;)
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

KB

Manatees are cute as can be,


Quote from: UncleRico on September 18, 2007, 06:21:04 PM
The good thing about being a human being these days is we can hunt animals till extinction, then just clone them in some underground lab and repopulate the herd!

"YAY SCIENCE!"

Ya, clone as many of them as you can, then our planet will be just one big    ;D


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com