ATV measurements

Started by racefan15, September 18, 2007, 02:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racefan15

Hey guys, IM not sure if this is the correct place ot put this post,, but i didnt see anthoer section more appropriate.
I need to know how wide and long yourt atvs are.
I unfortunately live in a nice gated community here in Melbourne Fl (just 15 min. south of cocoa beach) and we are not allowed ot have a trailer in our yards or driveway. So I need ot put it in my farage. I would like ot get away with the smallest trailer possible to 2 utility quads. Mine will be a big one with probably a lift and 27" tires (maybe a vinson 500 or similar) and I will be getting my wife a smaller 4x4 mabe an eiger or rancher 350 or something similar.
im sure I could get away with a 12'x6', but was wondering if I could squeeze them on a 5'x10' or a 5'x11'ish.
If they happened ot be a feww inches over, I could always add a little extender plate on the front to put the front quads tires up on to give me an extra foot or so.
How wide and long are your quads....Thanks all.

Bigscrb15

we have a 6x16 and can fit 4 quads sideways. You would want atleast a 6' wide trailer to fit them sideways and you could get away with a 10' if it was 6' wide.

for the wife, check out the wolverine 450 4x4. My wife had a rancher 350 and didn't like it and my Vinson was too big for her so she went with the wolverine and loves it.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

VForcedave

Keep it in the farage ;D when ever you can.
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

TNTaylor

You can get the measurements you're needing for the Vinson or Eiger at www.suzuki.com.  I have a Vinson and my daughter has an Eiger.  They are both excellent quads and very close in size.  I also live in a HOA and although I have ample room in my driveway, the HOA asked me to move my new 16'x7' utility trailer off the property.  I responded and told them when all of the boats and campers in the neighborhood are removed, I'll move my trailer.  That was 6 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since.  I believe many of the HOA Board members are guilty of having boats in their driveway. 
2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700