New info on End of no-fault insurance

Started by Gato, September 07, 2007, 08:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qt314nfla

Quote from: KB on September 08, 2007, 04:15:40 PM

As far as Chiro's go, IMO, theres still gonna be a lot of personal injury attorney's that will need there services.


Sorry KB but I won't be taking ANY attorney cases.  Instead of getting paid for my services w/in 30 days of service as it is now.  I'll spend hours on end documenting and caring for the patient.  Then I'll have to go to court which takes time away from my practice and patients that need me.  The compensation to sit in court doesn't even come close to what I'd make in the office for the day.  It'd take me 2-5 years to get paid for the services provided.  In addition, the attoney's always as us to reduce our bill. 

Why should I bother to take any case where it's going to cut into my job and money in court time.  Not get paid for 2-5 yrs.  And when I finally do get paid it's only for half of my bill.  How can I be expected to cover my overhead w/o income?

I'll be letting patients pay for their care in full and they can wait for the attorney's to pay them back 2-5 yrs down the road and actually get paid back in full.

No thanks I don't need that hassle.

KB

I hear ya QT, I like to be able to pick & choose my customers too.

I also know a Chiro in Tampa on Kennedy Blvd. that doesn't do any accident cases like that either.
Can't blame ya.

JackL

Quote from: QT314 on September 08, 2007, 04:32:14 PM
Quote from: KB on September 08, 2007, 04:15:40 PM

As far as Chiro's go, IMO, theres still gonna be a lot of personal injury attorney's that will need there services.


It'd take me 2-5 years to get paid for the services provided.  In addition, the attoney's always as us to reduce our bill. 

LMAO, that is if they settle OUT of court..


Quote from: QT314 on September 08, 2007, 04:32:14 PM

Why should I bother to take any case where it's going to cut into my job and money in court time.  Not get paid for 2-5 yrs.  And when I finally do get paid it's only for half of my bill.  How can I be expected to cover my overhead w/o income?

I'll be letting patients pay for their care in full and they can wait for the attorney's to pay them back 2-5 yrs down the road and actually get paid back in full.

No thanks I don't need that hassle.

No one can blame you for that. I wish I could pick and choose my customers based on the hassle factor...and not the hunger factor!
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

AmericanRobster

So this means no more free windshields when you have a crack in it?
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

KB

Quote from: AmericanRobster on September 10, 2007, 01:08:36 PM
So this means no more free windshields when you have a crack in it?

I better get the one in my van fixed if it is, Lloyd's auto glass will even give you a free box of steaks w/ it.

Gato

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

UncleRico

Quote from: AmericanRobster on September 10, 2007, 01:08:36 PM
So this means no more free windshields when you have a crack in it?

Someone told me that they raise the price of your insurance if you do that.


Anyone know if that's true?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: UncleRico on September 07, 2007, 08:26:16 PM
I hope that flat tracker weighs in on this. I think he's one of those EVIL insurance people.

So what does this mean in simple terms for me, the consumer?

Last time I told what was going on I was trashed..
Ill think Ill pass this time...
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

UncleRico

Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on September 19, 2007, 06:51:58 AM
Quote from: UncleRico on September 07, 2007, 08:26:16 PM
I hope that flat tracker weighs in on this. I think he's one of those EVIL insurance people.

So what does this mean in simple terms for me, the consumer?

Last time I told what was going on I was trashed..
Ill think Ill pass this time...

I know what you mean. I never realized the ATV community was so angry.

In fact, I just got banned from THE OTHER SITE for 24 hours. You know, the one with all the gay and racist chat,  FloridaATV.com.

How dare they ban Uncle Rico!
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Joedirt

Quote from: UncleRico on September 19, 2007, 09:38:01 AM
Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on September 19, 2007, 06:51:58 AM
Quote from: UncleRico on September 07, 2007, 08:26:16 PM
I hope that flat tracker weighs in on this. I think he's one of those EVIL insurance people.

So what does this mean in simple terms for me, the consumer?

Last time I told what was going on I was trashed..
Ill think Ill pass this time...

I know what you mean. I never realized the ATV community was so angry.

In fact, I just got banned from THE OTHER SITE for 24 hours. You know, the one with all the gay and racist chat,  FloridaATV.com.

How dare they ban Uncle Rico!

That is crazy...aren't you a Homosexual Racist?
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Bleedsblue

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs

Gato

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com