Radios at Rodman

Started by racemanfl, January 13, 2005, 08:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

racemanfl

Since nextels dont work in all of the forest someone needs to pick a radio channel that all can monitor  Jerry

sk8r_dude

OK I pick channel 7. For no reason except that I generally keep my motocomm communicators on that channel. Alright with everyone?
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

L.E._YFZ_2005

sounds good ill be tuned in =)
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg[/url]

2006 yamaha  yfz 450 with dual exhuast!!
2005 ford f-250 Crew cab fx4 desiel (wanna race??)
2005 yamaha  r6  raven edition


sold:
2004 honda 440ex atp'd
2004 kawasaki  jetski 120

big-daddy

want radios are you using? talkabouts
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

sk8r_dude

Midland GXT 450  4 watt 12 mile range
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

big-daddy

#5
QuoteMidland GXT 450  4 watt 12 mile range
dream on!  12 miles no way, VHF or UHF and what frequency. go to my web site and use the range wizard under 2 way radios and try again. let me know if you want good old USA made Motorola radios.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

CAOSPOP

I got talk abouts and 40 channel cb radios let me know what you guys will be using im game for either.Caospop@aol.com

Yamahonda41

I have Motorola Talkabout T6510s.  I think they are only 1 watt but should be fine for a leader and a sweeper in a group.
2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

Moose

I've got two Cobras with ear buds, 2 watt, says 8 mile range. Should do good for 2-3 miles easy. My son and I will have them with us.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

500runner

i have a YAESU FT-7800R 40 watt output should be good for 30 miles

big-daddy

#10
no good, wrong frequency. The FT-7800R provides
50 Watts of power on the 144 Mhz band, and 40 Watts on the 430 MHz ... and that a base station
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

sk8r_dude

I am aware that 12 miles is an advertised range and these radios do not live up to their distance. I liked the fact that in its price range, 4 watts was the most power I could find. You mentioned your website and a chart. What is it?

BTW, although it struggled, my sprint phone woked most of the time on the last ride in ONF.
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

Ida_Mann

I got two Motorola worksite radios I can bring that have pretty good range.  I've used them to talk to the top of a 20-story building under construction before from the ground and it was loud and clear.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

big-daddy

on the web pick a radio and the range wizard is on the bottom. Ida_Mann what frequency are they on. We need to be on the same frequency. 4 watts will do great out there. have many people use Motocomm helmet headset for Motorola radios. http://www.csonline.net/crawford/Motocomm/motocomm%20helmet%20headsets.htm
This is the best for riding, my family and the group I ride with all have them. The PTT button is on the handle bars and its water proof. I have Motorola SP50 VHF 5 watts on a private frequency. I have over 2000 rental radios at the store. Will give out at N.C to members, but will need a security deposit if losed or damaged.PM me if intrested.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

500runner

i did the mod to mine FT-7800 and use the remote mount so just the face plate is on the bars, the radio is in the dry box, i get 38 watt output on the GRMS band, also the ICOM 208H is a good radio to.... ;D

Ida_Mann

Quoteon the web pick a radio and the range wizard is on the bottom. Ida_Mann what frequency are they on. We need to be on the same frequency. 4 watts will do great out there. have many people use Motocomm helmet headset for Motorola radios. http://www.csonline.net/crawford/Motocomm/motocomm%20helmet%20headsets.htm
This is the best for riding, my family and the group I ride with all have them. The PTT button is on the handle bars and its water proof. I have Motorola SP50 VHF 5 watts on a private frequency. I have over 2000 rental radios at the store. Will give out at N.C to members, but will need a security deposit if losed or damaged.PM me if intrested.

I got no clue what frequency they are on, but it has a choice of hundreds of channels if I remember right.


They are "Spirit" models I think,,,MVC is in the model number, but they are at work and I'm not gonna be back there (hopefully) till Tues.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

big-daddy

Spirit radio are programable. see if you can find out the frequency, its on the book or remove the battery door to see if the tech wrote now. 2 watts go for 3 miles in the woods
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Ida_Mann

dang man, I lost the books to them long ago, but I'll take a look behind the battery mañana.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com