Bad news about Rodman.

Started by J.D., January 12, 2005, 08:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.D.

I talked to Terry Marcums today " Atv dealer in palatka , knows the area " and this is what he told me . A week or so ago , a youg child on an atv " mini" was struck by another full sized atv at high speed and had to be life flighted out . It happened in the pit .He spoke to a Game warden that says the ohv traffic has increased drammatically over the year and people from out of town a not showing any respect or courtesy to their fellow riders , rcing on the pavement ,etc.. The warden said " if people so much as look funny around the pit you will get a ticket ." They are going to try to close the area down to OHV all together . It will probably be a good idea not to hang out at the pit  or do any kind of high speed riding in the area around the pit . Everyone who planned to " including myslef " would be well advised to stay as far from the pit as possible . I going on a good old fashioned high speed trail ride just like I used to . Please reconsider any media attention , It probably would not be to our benefit "loud pipes , dual riders etc ..."  Ther is some great riding in the trails away from the pit . You can bet the officials know we are coming . This is a warning.
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

miamiblaster

aww man this really sucks well i to was planing on doing some drag races at the pit.  :'( well i guy we can race some where else or just hit some fast trails
I like my girls like i like my mustangs skinnys in the front and fat in the back

J.D.

The fast trail rides are alot of fun . I shure hope they  dont close the area . We used to race in the pit alot but it would only be 5 or 6 quads . If it were 15 or 20 it would make the pit very dangerous . Maybe we should live the pit to the little guys and the less experienced riders who dont think they can do the whole trail ride thing .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

RnkOutlaw

Why are you not allowed to ride at the pit?
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

J.D.

You are . but the pit will only handle so many quads .A child was seriously injured by a sport quad hitting him in the side at 60 . The wardens will be very touchy, so I am getting out of their sight.
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

Ida_Mann

sorry if I offend anyone, but screw that, stay with our original plans, there are enough of us good riders that pay attention and watch out that we should not have those problems.

let's have the drag races, let's have the track races, what would we be doing illegal?

I've been planning on this ride since the last one, and we have people even coming in from out of state, there is no way anyone is gonna be able to tell them to keep the fun stuff out of the pit.

Rodman is the only pit big enough to fit all of us in without a HUGE crowding issue in ONF.

by the way, how is Terry, last I saw he was in a wheelchair?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

J.D.

#6
Isn't there a speed limit , sound db rating , spark arrestor requirement for the ONF. I know that they have never enforced it but should the opportunity for them to show the media that they are doing their jobs comes along .........I have thousands of miles in the area and no tickets , I am just going to do what used to work for me . I dont want to be a poster child for taking away our riding areas . I'm going deep .
 He sounded good , said he will peobably bring a 450r I guess the leg is better .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

RnkOutlaw

Im with Ida Mann if its allowed to ride at the pit there is nothing they can do to you if your not doing any thing wrong.
If Its perfectly legal to ride they cant say a damn thing. Its not are fault some eles does not know how to drive
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

Ida_Mann

QuoteIsn't there a speed limit , sound db rating , spark arrestor requirement for the ONF. I know that they have never enforced it but should the opportunity for them to show the media that they are doing their jobs comes along .........I have thousands of miles in the area and no tickets , I am just going to do what used to work for me . I dont want to be a poster child for taking away our riding areas . I'm going deep .
 He sounded good , said he will peobably bring a 450r I guess the leg is better .


cool, he sold me the rear tires I got on my quad,,,,after seeing the Baja quad he's got in the showroom with the Holeshots on them,,,,I was sold.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

J.D.

I've drooled over that Cannondale once or twice myself . I didn't want to sound too pessimestic " or try to spell it " But we all need to be a little cautious considering the recent events . I doubt if they have a Db measuring device but officers could get a good veiw of us in the pit with a radar gun, and I don't have a spark arrestor on my yfz .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

Ida_Mann

hey, if they show me the law book, or the code that say I can't do a certain speed, or go over a certain Db,,,,then I'll follow it, but I'm not gonna let them be jerks without pushing back, thats what they want is to be a cop and everyone bow to their personal wishes.

aint gonna happen with me

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

J.D.

I know what you mean . I guess i'll just have to feel it out . I used to have a great time racing in the pit . I probably saw you there , if you were one of the regs . I ride a white yfz and my boy rides a Predaturd . It's been 6 mos since I left the area though .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

jbbj220

I have to say that I agree with the Ida_Man. I have been waiting for this to happen for what seems like forever. As long as everyone is cool and does what is right there should be no problems with the rangers. No rideing on the hard road, and slow in the parking area things that we all know we are expected to do. The big thing respect each other and no one should have a problem. I also do not see why we can not have pulls drags or whatever as long as it is done in an adult (old man coming out) way.  ??? ??? ???


    Jim ::) ::)












i have to say that I agree with the
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

dynodon

Hey, Everyone just be aware that riding in ONF, you are required to have spark arrestors on your quad, bike. If you stop at any of the info stations they will tell you that and they also say to wear a helmet!?!. I do not have them on my BAJA but the last time I was at Lk.Delancy the game wardon was deffinetly LOOKING at my bike!, don`t know if it was because of the dual exhaust or what. My wife & I was planning on going on the ride, hopefully meet some new faces,alot of peaple know us from Saltsdale Drags. Look forward to seeing you all there.
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Ida_Mann

well, I'm good on the spark arrester,,,it has a sticker that says something like "US approved spark arrester" or something,,,,unless I scratched it off.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

miamiblaster

Well i guess the races are still on ;D ;D ;D ;D
I like my girls like i like my mustangs skinnys in the front and fat in the back

J.D.

Ida man had a point about the rodman pit being the only pit big enough to handle all of us . The thing is , there are alot of pits in the area but unfortunatly they are all closed up . So I guess rodman will have to handle the riders all by itself. To bad all the real agressive riders cant go to the pits that would be to extreme for the younger riders . " saftey first , RIGHT "
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

dreth

i say that if the drag racers are really dedicated and want to make it safe then they should go to home depot and buy some of that bright colored survey marking tape and a few stakes and rope off a strip and keep a few spotters up and down the strip watching for cross cutters.
it may cost 20 or 30 bucks but if it saves 1 accident it will be worth it and if everyone chips in a few dollars its nothing.
just my thoughts and by all means have fun, thats what we came to do ;D

i also feel that high speeds around the pit trails could get harry in a head-on kinda way so please , lets all becareful 8)

J.D.

I have like 4 bundles of posts .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

Super Dave

#19
I have a roll of yellow caution tap 3". I'm not going but uall can have it Gregg T is going and i live in cape coral he can stop by and pick it up.he can call my cell 239-340-4424                                                                                                                                                                             SAFETY FIRST
02' ex 400 stock kinda it looks stock

Ida_Mann

yeah baby,,,,drag strip markers, I like it, too bad I'm selling the paddle tires ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Hollywood

Quoteyeah baby,,,,drag strip markers, I like it, too bad I'm selling the paddle tires ;-)

Id@


That's OK I bet they'll get plenty of use! lol ;)
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Ida_Mann

maybe I'll sell 'em AFTER the drags ;-)

or some kind soul would let me borrow them for the drags ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Hollywood

Quoteor some kind soul would let me borrow them for the drags ;-)

Id@

Sounds good and when your through I'll bolt them up and run a few times.  ;)
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Ida_Mann

QuoteSounds good and when your through I'll bolt them up and run a few times.  ;)

what you need to do is make a few runs, THEN bolt on the paddles,,,and make a few more runs.

it will amaze you.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Hollywood

Yea that's pretty much what I meant.  ;D
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

dreth

seems like yall have it worked out and now if a ranger or another parent sees what you have done for the safety of others they will tell someone because we have a bad name and that is just the oppo ;)site

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

We just need to police our self. We will show every one that this sport is SAFE and its just a few bad apples that ruin it. LET RIDE !!!!! ;D
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

L.E._YFZ_2005

i may have to find room to squeeze my 400 in onthe trailer to line up with you guys =) or if that doesent happen ill have y yfz =)
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg[/url]

2006 yamaha  yfz 450 with dual exhuast!!
2005 ford f-250 Crew cab fx4 desiel (wanna race??)
2005 yamaha  r6  raven edition


sold:
2004 honda 440ex atp'd
2004 kawasaki  jetski 120

RnkOutlaw

I agree there is nothing in there power that they can do as long as we are not on private property.

We can race all we want or play at the pit as much as we want.
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

GreggT

Thanks Super Dave. If everyone agrees on your marker, I'd be glad to pick it up. Sorry you can't join us.
'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

superstar

believe me folks, i hate to say it but the first cold one that gets tapped into is liable to stir up a big mess. So you may want to refrain from alcohol atleast while riding. Get all your watering done when you get bak to camp.

Da_Mtg_Man

Quotebelieve me folks, i hate to say it but the first cold one that gets tapped into is liable to stir up a big mess. So you may want to refrain from alcohol atleast while riding. Get all your watering done when you get bak to camp.

Agreed 100%. I love a cold one just a smuch as Scooter (well maybe not that much)  :D but please save the drinking til you're loading up the quads.We don't need any negativity on this ride.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Chuck_Norris

Quotebelieve me folks, i hate to say it but the first cold one that gets tapped into is liable to stir up a big mess. So you may want to refrain from alcohol atleast while riding. Get all your watering done when you get bak to camp.
[smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

Hollywood

QuoteAgreed 100%. I love a cold one just a smuch as Scooter (well maybe not that much)  :D but please save the drinking til you're loading up the quads.We don't need any negativity on this ride.
Deffinately agreed!  [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

jaxatvrider

i just heard about this meet so i just signed up for the forum board here...

i ride at rodman almost every weekend and i thought i would let u all know that the kid who was life flighted out was in a accident on the dam where they were not suppose to be NOT IN THE PIT. they have been getting strict about the laws cause they were getting some complaints. they dont bother you riding in the pit. there is a blue unmarked dodge pickup truck that rides around the pit. it is a sheriff deputy keeping an eye on things.. but as i said i ride there all the time as i will be there on sat.

just a few things..

they do not want people riding down the numbered roads people have been tearing the roads up. they say you are suppose to push across the roads but a sehriff deputy told me that as long as you just go straight across and dont do anything stupid he doesnt see a thing..

my advice is to just respect any of the park guys and if you come across a resident that lives near the pits just be respectful and polite.

when they get complaints is when the sheriff comes out..

but just alittle advice from me guys i hope to meet some nice people out there..

i ride a honda 450r so you will see me riping and tearing through the pit so hope to have fun.. see ya there

shawn

MadMudder

#36
Thats wrong. It goes to show you what the world is comming to. Just because one kid got hurt by some lonnatick doing 60 on a quad doesn't mean that we should go crazy and close the whole thing down. It is bad that the kid got hurt. Don't get me wrong! I even wrecked my quad there once. You don't see me fighting people to close it off. You can't protect people from everything and anything that might hurt them. I don't drag race like yall do. They should rope off a area for just drag racing or whatever verision of going really fast yall want to do. I just like to goof off and watch the sport quads rip up the dunes and throw roosts and junk like that. The trucks are even cool to watch. They should be out there allot more to watch people like that idiot who hit that poor kid. I don't mean to offend anybody but as soon as people think that something could be dangerious they try to get it closed. Why don't we just close the innerstate because people might get hurt.  >:(  By the way, I have seen the guy yall are talkin about in the blue pickemuptruck. Talked to him and he said that there was rumors about closing the pit. This was before the acident with the boy.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Da_Mtg_Man

Quotei just heard about this meet so i just signed up for the forum board here...

i ride at rodman almost every weekend and i thought i would let u all know that the kid who was life flighted out was in a accident on the dam where they were not suppose to be NOT IN THE PIT. they have been getting strict about the laws cause they were getting some complaints. they dont bother you riding in the pit. there is a blue unmarked dodge pickup truck that rides around the pit. it is a sheriff deputy keeping an eye on things.. but as i said i ride there all the time as i will be there on sat.

just a few things..

they do not want people riding down the numbered roads people have been tearing the roads up. they say you are suppose to push across the roads but a sehriff deputy told me that as long as you just go straight across and dont do anything stupid he doesnt see a thing..

my advice is to just respect any of the park guys and if you come across a resident that lives near the pits just be respectful and polite.

when they get complaints is when the sheriff comes out..

but just alittle advice from me guys i hope to meet some nice people out there..

i ride a honda 450r so you will see me riping and tearing through the pit so hope to have fun.. see ya there

shawn

Thanks for the update Shawn.Hope to see you there.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com