Salt Springs Campers -Rodman Ride

Started by jackinthebox23, January 08, 2005, 11:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackinthebox23

Well, I am so darn excited about this trip and have read through every other post regarding it...so I figured I'd start a new one.  Me and 7 others are camping Friday night and Saturday night at Salt Springs.  I don't think the folks at Salt Springs are going to be as benevolent as Elite. Therefore, there probably won't be free beer courtesy of Salt Springs Rec rangers.   ;D    
How many people camping at Salt Springs?  
Is there a common area where we can all get together?
Or should we just crash Elite's party and free beer?!
2005 Polaris Sportsman 400

350x_rider

I will be camping at site 116.there will be plenty of beer,food,big bon fire and pitchers of my famous alabama slammers (among other things).should be there fri morning thru sun.I will have 2 honda 3 wheelers(350x,250r) suzuki vinson and a rapter clone.this will be a fun time.

CABLEGUY1

Has anyone camped at Salt Springs Campground before? Are they right next to Elite? My brother said he heard someone say they weren"t ATV friendly,and they wont even let you enter if you have them on the trailer.Is there any truth to that? Also ,did you pick your spot from there layout on there website? It looks like you can put up tents right next to RV sites which is what were looking to do. Any info would be appreciated.Thanks.

jackinthebox23

man that would be bad..no atv's at the campsite?!  I didn't see any of that information when reserving it.  We'll be at 147 and 148...with our quads.  that's like telling someone they can't carry cigarettes in a restaurant.  You may not be able to smoke 'em, but you can sure carry them.  

never camped there though. Anybody know anything about Salt Springs?
2005 Polaris Sportsman 400

Da_Mtg_Man

I'm sure you can bring your quads in on trailers, Otherwise they would have no campers. Thats what ONF is all about is 4 wheelers.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

350x_rider

I have camped there towing my jet skis and with my 250r in back of the truck-no problems.just cant ride them in the campground.I am going to double check but Im sure it wont be an issue.

wakulla ram

350x_rider... is it ok if we (the tallahassee group) meet you and join you? we are staying at the best western in palatka. we are going down there mid day that friday and we don't have a clue around there or know anybody... we don't wont to intrude but, just meet people and have a good time.
2004 suzuki ltz400 (white)
white bros e2 pipe, alba nerfs, jet kit, k&n air filter, pro taper handlebars and 13/41 sprockets w/did x ring chain.

350x_rider

always up for meeting new riding buddies.I usually ride the southern part of the forest,but I have a gps and love to explore.will be there fri mid morning.hope to ride most of fri and sat.fri and sat nite at campsite should be a good party also.I am going to work in some night riding also.both of my trikes are running great.did about 80 mile ride today in the lake mack area of the forest.

zilla954

I just made my reservation.  See you guys there.
Tim
2005 Suzuki Eiger, 1990 lt500r,
1984 atc 200x, 1983 atc 185s
1998 zx9r, 1983 yz 490 -for sale
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/zilla954/eigersig2.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/zilla954/eigersig2.jpg[/url]

Chuck_Norris


Ida_Mann

I know the area well and would be glad to lead some riders around the SS area of the forest.

I'll be there Thursday night and available after I mow on Friday morning.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

L.E._YFZ_2005

how much is it to camp at salt springs and is there any spots left if so what number so i call to reserve one?
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg[/url]

2006 yamaha  yfz 450 with dual exhuast!!
2005 ford f-250 Crew cab fx4 desiel (wanna race??)
2005 yamaha  r6  raven edition


sold:
2004 honda 440ex atp'd
2004 kawasaki  jetski 120

zilla954

the number is 877-444-6777

It is like $38 for 2 nights
Tim
2005 Suzuki Eiger, 1990 lt500r,
1984 atc 200x, 1983 atc 185s
1998 zx9r, 1983 yz 490 -for sale
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/zilla954/eigersig2.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/zilla954/eigersig2.jpg[/url]

pineiroj

Staying at Salt Springs site 13. Weekend Warrior Toy Hauler
Super Light 2 Raptors and one Shee!  :D

CAOSPOP

I'm gonna try to be there on friday im in site 20 cant wait to see yall there. if anyone is leaving on fri and want to caravan over let me know.

CAOSPOP

tONY i SPOKE WITH THE PEOPLE AT SALT SPRINGS AND THEY SAID THAT AS LONG AS THE ATVS STAY ON THE TRAILER ITS GONNA BE OK. I ALSO SPOKE TO RICKY ABOUT THE TRIP AND THE ROUTE AND WE NEED TO TALK CALL ME. MANNY

customrubicon

[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino