TRAIL RIDE ON FRI 1-21-05

Started by big-daddy, January 10, 2005, 04:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big-daddy

Who what to ride trails on friday. one of the ranger show me some trails few weeks ago. on 316 next to kerr city goes all the way to lake delancy campgrounds.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

bbf

count me in what time i will be getting friday moring

Ida_Mann

I'll be mowing part of the morning and doing some general cleanup at my place in Salt Springs, but yeah, count me in,,,,give me a call or I'll give ya directions to my place,,,it's a good starting point for any of the north end of the forest.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

or if you want a good trail to follow.....

start at the SouthWest corner of 88 and 314 where about 150-200 yards SW of the intersection is an OLD claypit that is quite overgrown and well hidden.  After having your fun there, head West till you get to a fairly well used trail heading generally North-South, follow this trail at your leisure and you will find many deep-bermed tight and sweeping turns.  I run this trail A LOT so the turns are very well dug out and the trail is fairly easy to follow.  After maybe 3/4 of a mile, the bermed-turns stop and you will come to a T in the trail, turn right then an immediate left to put you on the edge of a tree line and a long straight trail for about 7 miles (you can do this section almost all at full throttle) till you come to a very small but fun clay pit.  You can continue about another 2-3 miles past the pit heading south and you will end up on the side of highway 40.

it's a fun fast trail, and if you don't get lost it can be a fast challenge to your quad on sand and dirt.

Enjoy.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Yamahonda41

Thanks Id@ that sounds like a great place to "warm up" for Rodman IV!!!

2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

Da_Mtg_Man

Quoteor if you want a good trail to follow.....

start at the SouthWest corner of 88 and 314 where about 150-200 yards SW of the intersection is an OLD claypit that is quite overgrown and well hidden.  After having your fun there, head West till you get to a fairly well used trail heading generally North-South, follow this trail at your leisure and you will find many deep-bermed tight and sweeping turns.  I run this trail A LOT so the turns are very well dug out and the trail is fairly easy to follow.  After maybe 3/4 of a mile, the bermed-turns stop and you will come to a T in the trail, turn right then an immediate left to put you on the edge of a tree line and a long straight trail for about 7 miles (you can do this section almost all at full throttle) till you come to a very small but fun clay pit.  You can continue about another 2-3 miles past the pit heading south and you will end up on the side of highway 40.

it's a fun fast trail, and if you don't get lost it can be a fast challenge to your quad on sand and dirt.

Enjoy.

Id@

GreggT and I will be there early on Friday and thats the trail we planned on riding. It is a fun trail to open it up on and I know it very well.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

big-daddy

QuoteI'll be mowing part of the morning and doing some general cleanup at my place in Salt Springs, but yeah, count me in,,,,give me a call or I'll give ya directions to my place,,,it's a good starting point for any of the north end of the forest.

Id@
I am going to leave on thur afternoon and drive up, I can help you in the morning clean up your place. Quicker we get it done the earlier we can ride. I have idea of your location. on 314 before 88 on the south side. I am staying at a house on 244 terr just off 314 1/4 mile from 19. very close to your place.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Ida_Mann

QuoteI am going to leave on thur afternoon and drive up, I can help you in the morning clean up your place. Quicker we get it done the earlier we can ride. I have idea of your location. on 314 before 88 on the south side. I am staying at a house on 244 terr just off 314 1/4 mile from 19. very close to your place.

yeah man, I could drive my quad there.

thats on the North side of 314 right?

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

girlieblazer

#8
Me and my husband are both taking friday 1-21-05 off of work to ride.  We should be at Rodman early in the morning. It would be nice to meet up with a few people and get some riding in before the big day.  

Let us know!

Oh yeah if you are going to be at Rodman Friday let me know and i will bring your shirts with me.  That way we don't spend a lot of time on Saturday morning trying to get them passed out.
Polaris Razor

Ida_Mann

I won't be riding Rodman, but we will be about 10 miles further south, come on down if you wish.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

girlieblazer

Can you give me directions from Rodman, maybe we will meet up with you and whoever else will be with you.
Polaris Razor

big-daddy

#11
Ida_Mann call me DC 158*285*833 so we can set it up. that right north side 244 terr is a dirt road all the way down you see the metal gate. go slow down that dirt road. see ya
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Chris505

314 is also known as salt springs Hwy?????
Is there any parking at 88 and 314 for truck and trailer???


I would like to meet up or check out this trail friday...
should be up in ocala area around 10-11 friday
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

dreth

myself and T2Raptor will be there around noon and will be ready to ride so we will try to hook up ;D

T2

Yes will we ;) counting down the days
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote314 is also known as salt springs Hwy?????
Is there any parking at 88 and 314 for truck and trailer???


I would like to meet up or check out this trail friday...
should be up in ocala area around 10-11 friday

When you get to 88 and 314 head South about 1/4 mile and there is a spot on the East side of the road to park.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Chris505

so thats a yes on the silver springs HWY is 314??

And go south on 88 to park??

05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

Chris505

is this the intersection of 314 and 88
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

GreggT

Chris,
From Elite, take a right a 314. Go to 88 and take a left. You'll see us about 1/4 mile up parked on the side of the road. It's 5 minutes from Elite.

Dreth, PM me as the date gets closer. These are sugar sand trails, some wide open and some nicely bermed. We can fly down some of these trails. You will love it. We gotta hook up so you can try these out. Best trails in the forest. Leads to a clay pit where we take a break and hit some small jumps. We'll be there by early lunch time Friday...ride till dinner hour and then go check in to Elite. Where we park is 3 minutes from Ida's place. There are good trails in every direction.

'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

Da_Mtg_Man

Quoteis this the intersection of 314 and 88

Chris, Thats it. Just head south on 88 about 1/4 mile and park on the left side in the opening under the Oak trees.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Chris505

Cool ill be there... Im going to stop on the way up to elite then ride and go check in like greggt around dinnner time...

That clay pit is on my gps map..


05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

susieblazer

 [smiley=Shocked.gif]

               Do people go on rides at least once a month or more? And if so are there families from many counties? Looking to go on some rides with others and to pick up a couple more used quads..          
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

Ida_Mann

hey ya'll, looks like I won't be getting there till Late morning on Friday now, my boss want's to rent a quad and he has no way to get it up there, and he can't rent it till Friday morning in Orlando.

but I should be up there by 11 or 12.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

N 29 19.538
W081 45.772

Thats where I will be mowing, stop on by on your trail rides.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Chuck_Norris

I will be pulling in Friday afternoon.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com