to the concerned citizen

Started by jjamesbar, January 22, 2005, 06:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjamesbar

to the concerned citizen (who ever you are) that notified the authorities about our ride id like to say thanks. in you pitifull attemts to spoil our day i'll have to say your plan back fired. we broke no laws today as was surely noted from the start. no one was asked to leave or ticketed to my knowelge. all the local authorities were kind and helpfull and i am glad to have met them today. they came out expecting a bunch of senseless idiots but they found out we are a group of really good people that respected their concerns. if we were guilty of anything today it was promoting safety and family togetherness. this is what its all about! well we may have been guilty of not having a permit for so many people but they let that slide as they knew themselves that was no big deal. i believe by the conduct of everyone today it opened up a few eyes in a positive way. thanks to all that showed up and conducted themselves in a responsible manner.

jeff barnes    
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

o4250

Was it someone from the site that called ??? did the cops say the reason for the person calling?

jjamesbar

QuoteWas it someone from the site that called ??? did the cops say the reason for the person calling?
i have no idea who the person is. i got some e-mail from some guy saying he was with the greenways division and he was tipped by a "concerned citizen". the guy said it was illegal to ride at rodman dam and we were giving our sport a black eye. he is very misinformed as we've been riding roman for several years with no problems. i tried to respond in a good way but its hard to be nice when someone is trying to bluff you. its only a matter of time before they have us riding in little circles on marked trails in ocala anyway. untill that time comes i plan on riding everywhere i can legally ride.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Qdawg76

I agree with you Jeff, I am glad everything went smooth and I am glad the rangers and the Law saw that this is a good family sport. And for who ever tipped them off "Please leave the site if your gonna be that immature to try and spoil this sport for everyone" instead buy a quad and give the sport a try, who knows you might like it ;)
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

dreth

IT WAS ME ! i called them cause i knew we would prove them wrong ;)




























just kidding,  ;) but whoever you are, THANKS

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

big-daddy

This is the Best Ranger in Ocala, Gary Campbell....Thank You for all your help from all the members of ATVFlorida.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Da_Mtg_Man

I first want to say thank you to everyone on this site. We all had a fabulous time this weekend. I enjoyed meeting eveyone of you and to the ones that I didn't get to shake hands with then I'll catch you on the next ride.
I got feedback from the authorites in Ocala that they were VERY impressed with how organized, respectful and well behaved that 275 people could be. My hats off to everyone from this site.We all showed that we're not a bunch of misfits.
 A few of us met a ranger on Friday by the name of Marla Pence. Marla was the most pleasant ranger that I have ever met. She's known about our group ride for some time now and met us at our riding spot off of 314 to explain to us the rules and regulations. I will be in close contact with Marla on future group rides. We also had a brief conversation about organizing a clean up ride.
Thanks again to everyone for showing up and helping me to have one of the best weekends I've ever had.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

jackinthebox23

I second that Mike. It was real impressive to see such a large group behave so well.  Equally impressive, it is great to see such a great family atmosphere out there. Had a great time!
thanks for the ride on friday also.

Tony
2005 Polaris Sportsman 400

customrubicon

It was nice to see so many people show up and enjoy themselves. The law enforcement were extremely friendly and helpfull.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

J.D.

I spoke with those same officers about 5:30 and they said they were very impressed , only a few unlucky souls caught on the road but overall  [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

Thrasher

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

jbbj220

Great time  [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]great day with some really great people [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif] To the concerned citizen: Thanks for your help in getting the law there as it showed them how good ATV's can be. [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]to all that were there great job.

Concerned citizen: It is obvious that you visit this site, so get a quad, get a life, wich is come join us, find out how much fun we have and you will have a different outlook on our sport. The old saying don't knock it until you have tryed it would probley work here.

   Jim,  [smiley=BigSmile.gif]
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

DBHam

Great job Mtg man, only next time some out of towner says he won't watch out for our kids, he's going down. I
m DBHam and was there along side of you when you put that clown in his place. I'm the guy that said to pick one and I'll take care of the other, I.m Yamahonda41,aka Dave's buddy. Your a great spokesman for our sport. Take care and see ya again, Dan.

Chuck_Norris

awsome display of unity, and abilty to police ourselves with respect and comon diginty. I enjoyed meeting those I did hope to meet others next time, Give me at least 6 weeks though, ouch I hurt time to go lay down

J.D.

Was it a whoop in a turn Chuck ?
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

Ida_Mann

hehehe, thanks to the "concerned citizen".

and thanks to Jeff for originally starting the thread that lead to this large bunch of people seeing each other at the same place ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

SkyHighT100

#17
THANK YOU CONCERNED CITIZEN!! You helped us out more then you could even imagine! Seriously you guys... this ride was amazing! I was totally impressed with how smoothly things went. I knew everyone on this site was responsible and mature enough to realize that this ride was more important then any of the others. At the same time, 200+ people all in one spot is a lot, and definately had me worried. You guys are awesome! I was shocked to see how organized everything turned out to be (the parking lot, lol). There were a couple people that were kind of pushing it in the pit, but I am unsure if they were part of AtvFlorida or not. I send out a big cyber hug (Those hurt less, lol) to Chuck_Norris, that was one heck of a spill... get well soon! As sorry as I am that he got hurt... think about it guys... 1 person hurt out of all that were there.. that is a miricle in itself. This ride was great! The Law enforcers were great as well. They even let us keep the jump up in the pit (As long as we didnt make it over yay high, lol).

I truely hope we can get together a cleanup ride by teaming up with the Ocala officials. This would be another HUGE step in the right direction.

I had a blast you guys!

-Ashley
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Bush Hog

I've often thought a clean up ride would be a good way to get on the good side of the LEO's.  I bet we can arrange it with them to have dumpsters in places that we can bring the bagged trash to.  I've thought about trying to arrange a clean up ride over here by St Francis Trail.

Ida_Mann

I don't think that dumpsters would be needed at all.

since I'm a resident of the parts, I have access to the garbage bins on 88 by the 88 store and the ones in Ft. McCoy, and I have a rather large trailer that we can pile stuff on and drive over to the garbage bins.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Bush Hog

I can hook my utility trailer to the four wheeler.  I was thinking everyone bring the trash out to one main road, then have it picked up by utility trailer and hauled to a dumpster.

Da_Mtg_Man

QuoteI can hook my utility trailer to the four wheeler.  I was thinking everyone bring the trash out to one main road, then have it picked up by utility trailer and hauled to a dumpster.

Good idea. I can do the same with my little 4x8 on my daughters Recon.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Ida_Mann

QuoteGood idea. I can do the same with my little 4x8 on my daughters Recon.

both excellent.

with a sport quad, and a manual clutch, I can't really pick up the small stuff, but I'd be willing to find tires and stuff and drag it out.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jbbj220

Quoteboth excellent.

with a sport quad, and a manual clutch, I can't really pick up the small stuff, but I'd be willing to find tires and stuff and drag it out.

Id@
What Ida_Mann said, me too.
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com