slug gun question

Started by Fox17, August 28, 2007, 04:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackL

Quote from: Fox17 on August 28, 2007, 07:44:33 PM
I use my for hunting fast moving rabbits and jacks.

send me a pm with the requirements to join.  ;D

are these good? http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_700/model_700_SPS_buckmasters_specs.asp
[/quote]


It won't be good enough for the hunting you sound like you want to do. I suggest you start out slow with something a little more your speed, like capturing flies and pulling the wings off and work yourself up to the level Big D has, with successfully capturing iguanas. After that, the sky is the limit.

Maybe you want to go Wahoo hunting with me and the boys? I'll let you use my favorite .223 shaft if we are lucky enough to run into any 10' + sharks and you are a semi decent shot. It really isn't much fun if your prey can't kill you I always felt, but whatever have fun out there.

Quote from: Fox17 on August 28, 2007, 07:47:33 PM
Quote from: JackL on August 28, 2007, 07:40:02 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on August 28, 2007, 07:33:14 PM
You get one when you become a member of FMR, their good for the all around hunting at the Ranch. I use my for hunting fast moving rabbits and jacks.

Typical wasteful Miami Cuban. Why waste $1.33 when a 2 cent .22 mag will work just fine.



i believe when you pull the trigger on that gun that you waste a lil more than $1.33.

I suppose that depends where you shop. On the corner of Ali Babba in Hialeah you can get em for .$89


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

big-daddy

Quote from: Fox17 on August 28, 2007, 07:47:33 PM
Quote from: JackL on August 28, 2007, 07:40:02 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on August 28, 2007, 07:33:14 PM
You get one when you become a member of FMR, their good for the all around hunting at the Ranch. I use my for hunting fast moving rabbits and jacks.

Typical wasteful Miami Cuban. Why waste $1.33 when a 2 cent .22 mag will work just fine.



i believe when you pull the trigger on that gun that you waste a lil more than $1.33.


Yep thats true and 22 mag cost more than 2 cents.  Fox here a picture of my 270 rifle, I can shoot a quarter at 100yds all day long. http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=001B&cat_id=035&type_id=005
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

JackL

Quote from: big-daddy on August 28, 2007, 08:00:41 PM
Yep thats true and 22 mag cost more than 2 cents.  Fox here a picture of my 270 rifle, I can shoot a quarter at 100yds all day long. http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=001B&cat_id=035&type_id=005

#1 it depends on how many you buy, and #2 that is a picture from a catalog. Other than that I am with you buddy.


Quote from: big-daddy on August 28, 2007, 08:00:41 PM

I can shoot a quarter at 100yds all day long.

Doesn't that get expensive doing it even for an hour? You rich guys kill me. ;)



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

big-daddy

Quote from: JackL on August 28, 2007, 08:13:18 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on August 28, 2007, 08:00:41 PM
Yep thats true and 22 mag cost more than 2 cents.  Fox here a picture of my 270 rifle, I can shoot a quarter at 100yds all day long. http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=001B&cat_id=035&type_id=005

#1 it depends on how many you buy, and #2 that is a picture from a catalog. Other than that I am with you buddy.


Quote from: big-daddy on August 28, 2007, 08:00:41 PM

I can shoot a quarter at 100yds all day long.

Doesn't that get expensive doing it even for an hour? You rich guys kill me. ;)





Jack, again what your point? STOP highjacking the kids thread and move on!
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Fox17

Quote from: big-daddy on August 28, 2007, 09:58:39 PM
Quote from: JackL on August 28, 2007, 08:13:18 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on August 28, 2007, 08:00:41 PM
Yep thats true and 22 mag cost more than 2 cents.  Fox here a picture of my 270 rifle, I can shoot a quarter at 100yds all day long. http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=001B&cat_id=035&type_id=005

#1 it depends on how many you buy, and #2 that is a picture from a catalog. Other than that I am with you buddy.


Quote from: big-daddy on August 28, 2007, 08:00:41 PM

I can shoot a quarter at 100yds all day long.

Doesn't that get expensive doing it even for an hour? You rich guys kill me. ;)





Jack, again what your point? STOP highjacking the kids thread and move on!

yea.

thanks for the help big-daddy. that is a sweet gun but its a lil pricey for now. id love to get a browning or something high end like that but im afraid at least for now im gonna have to go with savage, mossberg, winchester, tikka or something like that. i have to get a scope too.

hunting is getting as expensive as riding.

big-daddy

Hey, no problem!    buy the shotgun without the rifled barrel and use 00 buck for deer. Then down the road buy the rifle with the scope.   
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

singleshot

Quote from: Fox17 on August 28, 2007, 04:05:48 AM
how far will a fully rifled 12 guage fire a slug? ive heard up to 200yds with certain ammo but how accurate is that? and what size scope would best accommodate a slug gun. all them shotgun scopes are small.

A slug gun with a fully rifled barrel and scope is good to 150 yards.  Shoot different types of slugs and different shell lenghts (2 3/4", 3", 3 1/2") to find which shoots best in your barrel and what amount of recoil you are comortable with.   I use the federal 2 3/4 slugs with a barnes expander slug.   It is good to 100 yards for me,  further that that and the groups open up to much.
2003 Prairie 650
2003 Sportrax 250EX
2003 100 & 90 Extreme