Rodman IV Experiences

Started by JR, January 22, 2005, 03:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreth

nice story. is it based on fact or fiction ;)

big-daddy

True story! 8 to 1, five mile deep in the woods. Wrong time to play with pappy bear and his crew. Had your back covered pappy bear.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Yamahonda41

Ask the owl for he knows whooo was there ;D
2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

CAOSPOP

Big-Daddy,DA mtg man,monty and the kids were all GREAT My little girl had a blast you can see her on my buddies quad in the pic gallery. Great ride guys cant wait to do it again. Great place for the family and kids.

Da_Mtg_Man

lol.... Good story Dave. That's how it happened except Dave cleaned it up a bit. After I told the guy 3 times that he wasn't going to ride in the opposite direction of the kids and he still rufused to listen, I turned from Jekyl to Hyde real quick and told him I was going to rip his head off. As Dave said, When we were leaving , I walked over to apologize and the guy me that he was totally 100% wrong and simply had blinders on. He apologized profusely (sp), we shook hands and had a great day riding.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Quadzilla

Hi ya'll, Had a great time riding this weekend.  Met a bunch of great people and i can't wait for te next ride   ;D ;D ;D
01 rancher all stock......for now!

Asphaltdragon

I had a great time from thursday to sunday, this was the first group ride that I was able to attend and I was not let down in any way. Meeting all the good folks from the website was the best part. It's like having a big extended family seeing every one riding together and hanging out together.

I liked riding around Eureka Dam the best (maybe to much) and thanks to the Grizz and Raceman and crew for helping fix the Traxter.

Thanks to Sk8ter Dude & Sk8ter Girl for carting me up there and back. The Asphaltdragonette wished she could have attended also, but was happy to get me back home.

See ya at the next one!
Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja

Moose

#32
My son and I had a great time, we both will remember this for a long long time. Good to meet new faces and see the ones I know. I know all the kids had lots of fun, the big kids to.  ;D

It makes me proud to be part of this group.

I to give the authorities a thumbs up, what started out as being very much against our day, a about face seemed to happen. I saw them letting people park where we aren't supposed to and just push the quads past the legal point to start them. They ended up helping us.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

SkyHighT100

#33
This ride was amazing! I was totally impressed with how smoothly things went. I knew everyone on this site was responsible and mature enough to realize that this ride was more important then any of the others. At the same time, 200+ people all in one spot is a lot, and definately had me worried. You guys are awesome! I was shocked to see how organized everything turned out to be (the parking lot, lol). There were a couple people that were kind of pushing it in the pit, but I am unsure if they were part of AtvFlorida or not. I send out a big cyber hug (Those hurt less, lol) to Chuck_Norris, that was one heck of a spill... get well soon! As sorry as I am that he got hurt... think about it guys... 1 person hurt out of all that were there.. that is a miracle in itself. This ride was great! The Law enforcers were great as well. They even let us keep the jump up in the pit (As long as we didnt make it over yay high, lol).  
 
Thanks again Id@-Mann for letting Scooter and I stay at Camp Id@ ;)

And to Id@-Mann, Bigg_Pimpin, and LTZ400APK... thanks guys for all the laughs Saturday and Saturday night. My sides were hurting by the end of the night, lol.
 
I had a blast you guys!
 
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

450_Kid

I had a great time hanging out with everybody see yah next time. :)
04 yamaha 450 renthal bars, ac nerfbars, ron woods intake, jet kit.

bluesman

#35
 8)just a quick note to say we all had a great time and met new friends.and to the guys i lent carb cleaner to your welcome<just pass it forward> and if you guys want to see :o an expert ride you must see quadzilla ride the recon all day fist chaseing steve k on his 450r and then me on my ds650 baja.. all i got to say was ridem cowboy that thing bouced every three woops and landed 10 feet away..... man he must have a seatbelt.....Joilet Jake Blues      ............ ........

Hollywood

Had a great time as always. It was kinda nice to have the presence of the Rangers, HP and L.E.O. for them to see what we are all about and like wise. All the ones I saw and heard of while we were there really seemed to just be doing their job and not harrasing anyone.  Big thanks to Ida for allowing us to crash at his place again. Sky, Scooter, Ida had a great time with you guys Saturday night as well even if I was the butt of the big joke. lol
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Qdawg76

QuoteThis story rated G for General Audiences.

I got to see a papa bear (aka Da-Mtg-Man) protecting his cubs!

There we were on Friday, during the warmup for Rodman IV, at least five miles deep into the dark forest when we stopped at a nice little playground complete with a jump and everything for the big bears and a nice little trail up a hill and around a tree for the little bears.  Well after a little while one of two jack-a$$es who were far far from home (Michigan) thought that just because they were there first that the little bears were going the wrong direction.  

Papa bear didn't do anything the first time or even the second.  On the third time papa bear stopped the jack-a$$ and politely asked him if he didn't think he was endangering the lives of the little bears.  To everyone's amazement the jack-a$$ told papa bear the wrong answer to his question about riding directions and tried to continue down the wrong path! :o :o :o

Papa bear, now nose to nose with the jack-a$$ explained to him what would happen to his head if he still insisted on going the wrong direction ;).  

Now this was either the bravest or dumbest jack-a$$ I have ever seen.  He still did not take papa bear's advice.  By now the jack-a$$ and papa bear had gotten the full attention of an angry pack of wolves that quickly surrounded papa bear and the jack-a$$.  I think this was about the time that the 2nd jack-a$$ came over with a little old T-handle in his and and told the 1st jack-a$$ that he did not think that maybe it was such a good idea to ride in that direction while surrounded by papa bear and an angry pack of at least a  dozen wolves ;)  

Finally the 1st jack-a$$ saw the err in his directions and decided that maybe the direction the little bears were riding was good after all.  That made all the difference in the world and by the time papa bear and his cubs and the angry pack of wolves were leaving I think I saw papa bear shaking hands with the two jack-a$$es right before we headed on down the trail.  And everyone lived to ride another day.

The End.
Great story, Gotta protect the "Cubs". Good Job Mike getting the other people to realize what they should be doing
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

jbbj220

bluesman, thanks for the carb cleaner, ;D it worked great and my son was able to ride for the rest of the day.  ;D It was nice meeting you and again thanks for the cleaner.

   Jim
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

450RRRR

#39
QuoteI'll get some pics of our ride up asap.  Thanks for the great leading skills...they'd still be looking for us if I was leading!  ;D ;D


tony
havent been able to find your pics, you shot some video to, didnt you?

fixfam

We had a great time again. This was our 2nd Rodman experience and are ready for the next. We were one of the unfortunate to get the $75 ticket right across the street from the 88 store but it was our fault. We took a wrong turn and took the chance to ride where we should'nt. Oh well. The small price to pay for an awesome weekend.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com