Ford F150 Diesel

Started by big-daddy, August 10, 2007, 08:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big-daddy

Drive a ford in the street and chev in the mud........But the ford tows the chev around ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

KB

Quote from: yfz122 on August 10, 2007, 02:00:32 PM
the 2007 f-15o's have bigger brakes and haul more than my 2004 hd chevy
10,500 vs. 8800

Enough said !

IXIswamperIXI

You know statistics don't mean as much as they use too... you (well paid companies) compare (ford,chevy,dodge,toyota) all day long and it means nothing.  One does this better, one does that better.  There is a statistic for each manufacturer that will be #1 whether it is HP, torque, towing capacity, head room, price, leg room, longest warranty, yada yada... these list go on and on.  Screw those stats give me a all around GOOD QUALITY truck (whether yours has more HP,tourqe,towing capasity) I don't care just give me what I pay for!!! Quality!!! And I will abide by the specs for towing and such.  Just my 2 cents.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

KB

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on August 11, 2007, 08:21:10 PM
You know statistics don't mean as much as they use too... you (well paid companies) compare (ford,chevy,dodge,toyota) all day long and it means nothing.  One does this better, one does that better.  There is a statistic for each manufacturer that will be #1 whether it is HP, torque, towing capacity, head room, price, leg room, longest warranty, yada yada... these list go on and on.  Screw those stats give me a all around GOOD QUALITY truck (whether yours has more HP,tourqe,towing capasity) I don't care just give me what I pay for!!! Quality!!! And I will abide by the specs for towing and such.  Just my 2 cents.

Just get you a truck like that black one in BD's sig. & you'll be all set  !

Bigdaddy, how's ol' blue doin ?, you got the temp. under control ? will I see you at the new MotoPlex w/it ? I'm goin the 24th.

big-daddy

Blue temp is under control with the alum radiator and dual fans. Temp is about 180' all the time now, but still looking for a dana 60 front.

the Motoplex is to far for me to haul blue up there, but I have a Jeep swamp buggy in the works. So far I'm working on the rolling chassic. dana 30 front, amc 20 rear, T904 auto trans with a dana 300, powered by a 258 inline 6. In a few weeks I'll start to weld the frame.   ohhh....... its going to have full power brakes.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

KB

I wish I had the space to work on stuff like that, I always say one day I'm gonna have me a big pole barn or somethin to work under.

180 is pretty cool, couldn't get any better than that !

I hear ya on the long drive, it's 3 1/2 hr. from Tampa.

Are you gettin any use out of that little pop-up ? I'm fixin to put another one on that trailer thats just a little smaller & lighter, but I gotta figure out how I'm gonna put it up there, I need a fork-lift or a big tree to hoist it.

Tell little Ricky I said Hi.

big-daddy

Quote from: KB on August 12, 2007, 08:16:20 AM
I wish I had the space to work on stuff like that, I always say one day I'm gonna have me a big pole barn or somethin to work under.

180 is pretty cool, couldn't get any better than that !

I hear ya on the long drive, it's 3 1/2 hr. from Tampa.

Are you gettin any use out of that little pop-up ? I'm fixin to put another one on that trailer thats just a little smaller & lighter, but I gotta figure out how I'm gonna put it up there, I need a fork-lift or a big tree to hoist it.

Tell little Ricky I said Hi.


Use it once so far.  I we tell JR when he wakes up.  ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

dynodon

Hey Ricky, When I get back from MI in two weeks, I may be going to Arizona for a few weeks worth of work. If I do I`ll give you a shout, and maybe work on that rear end that you have out there, possibly get it home for ya ;)
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

big-daddy

Thanks Don; Its a dana 60 FRONT with kingpins and the gearing has to be 3.54 or higher, if not I have to change the carrier.

Thanks Again
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

IXIswamperIXI

does it have to be for a chevy or could it be for a ford? (I know the difference) just making sure if it was going in a chevy or a buggy.  I know where a ford is and a chevy BUT this guy knows what he has and won't get off the chevy dana 60 for cheap, I have tried
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Palmettobay_recon

Quote from: big-daddy on August 11, 2007, 01:19:37 PM
Drive a ford in the street and chev in the mud........But the ford tows the chev around ;)
chevy parts are cheaper thats the only way you'd get me into one is if it was offroad
R.I.P. Jeffery Raye Enriquez  9-10-93/ 5-8-09

2006 Arctic Cat 500 Manual- 28" EDL's, MSA torx, HMF, dyno jets, snorkles...blah blah

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com