New ATV Park in Polk County coming soon!!!!!!!!!

Started by dodgefsu, August 14, 2007, 10:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgefsu

Emailed Commisioner Wilkinson last month:
Message: Mr Wilkinson I was wondering if you could give me any advise in finding a legal place to ride my atv. It might make the $5,000 property tax bill that I have to pay you a little easier to digest..... A little attention to this matter would greatly be appreciated thanks  chris    member afl-cio

His reply:Thank you.  I have been working on this for about four years and something may soon come to fruition here.  We are working with the mines.  Stay tuned.
     Randy

LAST NIGHT 8-13-07 He called me and then came to MY HOUSE and wanted to talk about some concers I had about the dirt road infront of my house. I asked if he found out anything about the ATV park, he said " looks like it is gonna be down in Bowling Green area in one of the sand mines.

AmericanRobster

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

bigscrub79

You can pretty well bet Randy is tellin the truth. He is a good man.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Ride1Rob

Randy wants an ATV park for us just as bad as we want one. This has been dragging on TOO LONG! I watched a County commisioners meeting about a year and a half ago via PGTV and they were talking about finding property then. I even posted some of the info here on the site. Here it is a year and a half later... still nothing in concrete  :-\ 
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Kaw3604x4 Princess

That would be great. That is much closer than any of the other places!  ;D
Live your life in such a way that when your feet
hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders &
says...

`Oh sh*t....she's awake!!`

shirah86

Ill believe it when I see it and I know him pretty well he has a good heart but I think he gets ahead of himself sometimes

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Ride1Rob on August 14, 2007, 11:54:52 AM
Randy wants an ATV park for us just as bad as we want one. This has been dragging on TOO LONG! I watched a County commisioners meeting about a year and a half ago via PGTV and they were talking about finding property then. I even posted some of the info here on the site. Here it is a year and a half later... still nothing in concrete  :-\ 

It originally started over 4 years ago. They had property and then it fell through. I am pretty sure the new property will be from Mosaic. They are having 2 meetings this month for the ATV Committee. I think one was on the 9th and the next on the 30th or 31st. Email Randy Wilkinson and he will tell you when it is so you can show up.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Able

I look forward to them opening something out there again. But why did Sand Mountain get shut down in the first place if htey were going to open something else up ?

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Able on August 14, 2007, 05:41:41 PM
I look forward to them opening something out there again. But why did Sand Mountain get shut down in the first place if htey were going to open something else up ?

Sand Mtn. was privately owned and shut down because the neighbors complaining. The new park will be gov't run.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

bwfish

It would be awsome to have something closer. I've often wondered why someone had not utilized the reclaimed land south of Mulberry and Bartow. Hope this works out.
2009 Rhino SE 700 14" ITP w/27"mudlites
2009 rzr
2007 transformer4
2009 Polaris Ranger 500
2003 kaw 250 Bayou
2009 Kaw 50

Da_Mtg_Man

East of Hillsborough, West of Osceola, South of Sumter and Lake , North of Hardee and Highland
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on August 14, 2007, 08:49:33 PM
East of Hillsborough, West of Osceola, South of Sumter and Lake , North of Hardee and Highland

you forgot "Home of the Scrub Brothers" I think everyone would know it then.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Turboderf

That would be great  :Clap.gif :Clap.gif :Clap.gif

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com