Main Menu

Rear Brakes

Started by FoxHondaRider, August 01, 2007, 11:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxHondaRider

Alright I went out riding today and when I went to hit my rear brakes all I got was a loud screeching noise. I knew right away that had to be metal rubbing on metal and my brake pad must have been completely worn down and that was the problem. Well my brakerotar is scratched... does tha mean I need to buy a new one? I hope not because they arent cheap! Also what brake pads would you recomend? Please help!

Thanks



2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

TRX450R_Racer

It's hard to see the condition of the rotor from those pictures.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

FoxHondaRider

I know the pictures were taken quick from my phone, they are poor quality.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Mars

Slap some cheap pads on it and ride.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

H2Ocaver

Quote from: Mars on August 02, 2007, 12:23:37 AM
Slap some cheap pads on it and ride.

^^^^^^^^^^What he said...
For dirt you are fine.
[url="//www.tampabikers.com"]www.tampabikers.com[/url]
EZ Scuba Diving
www.ezscuba.com
[url="http://www.tampabikers.com/TampaBikerscom.jpg"]http://www.tampabikers.com/TampaBikerscom.jpg[/url]

Fox17

brakes are overrated. why use them when there are natural stoppers like trees and stuff. besides, you have front ones still.

FoxHondaRider

I really dont use my rear brake all that often, it slides too much. I use it for wheelies, going down hills or if i am going so fast and I have to stop as fast as possible. I never really use it to slow down. Maybe just replacing the pads will work out fine. Thanks for all the info though, the more the better.  Today I only used my rear brake 2 times out of 5 hours of riding.  Fronts stop you better at least IMO.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done